VOTE Choisty

ASICS Target 26.2

81 to 92 of 92 messages
mcs
11/12/2011 at 18:58
How was your day? I did a nice eleven cross country then had to go shopping. Good to see good pals did so well at Bedford half, I met them on here when training for vlm in 2010, stayed in touch ever since met up for GNR and Birmingham. Great site for making running pals. Well done to Sara and Rod.
Roll on tuesday hope you have your vote in folks. Sorry to be boring!!
11/12/2011 at 19:57

Good luck Choisty. You've had my vote too. Though we didn't speak much in Birmingham as we were in different groups I'm pretty sure it was you who, while my group were doing the fast 5K exercise said something encouraging every time you powered past me while your group were on the progression run.  Embarassing as it was being overtaken by someone doing their slow pace while I was actually running what turned out to be a 5K PB, someone bothering to encourage other runners like that while there was plenty of other stuff they could have been focussing on gets my vote.   

11/12/2011 at 20:12
"Cheers and how did you escape?"

Turned left at the top of Roman rd and ended up in newbury!
11/12/2011 at 21:42

Rosie don't be embarrassed we all try the same speed isn't everything. I always try and encourage others as it inspires me when people run.

Moof I'm in kingsclere so didn't get as far as you!

Mcs it was a lovely relaxed day with the family now wrapping presents Merry Christmas

Edited: 12/12/2011 at 09:43
12/12/2011 at 09:44
Well today is a two session day, starting with an easy session at lunchtime, followed up by the hardest session of the week, a 10mile tempo run, weather looks good though.
12/12/2011 at 14:14
First session all done, 4miles to the gate at bramley station and back, nice and easy in the beautiful crisp air still in shorts but with long sleeves and gloves...happy days
mcs
12/12/2011 at 15:37

5kms done at lunch at a steady pace, took me 26 mins.........down to the bank and a bit of a detour on the way back to get my 5kms in........sunshine and the mooing of cows and sheep as its the Farmers Market day here in Bakewell. Good market if ever you fancy a visit up north!!! Good running in the Peak District too....

If you haven't voted time to please check us out and vote for whoever you want...........

12/12/2011 at 16:16

Love the peak district it's where I used to mountain bike at weekends (around ladybower) when I was at uni (notts) these days I only seem to pass through which is a shame.

Are you out this evening as well?

mcs
12/12/2011 at 16:27

Going to run home tonight going for five I reckon just to make me tired......dont think I will be able to sleep tonight with the excitement. Lost my gloves so going to be cold hands tonight.......new batteries for the head torch to head up the trail.

I love the ride round Ladybower. I built a mountain bike with a carbon frame a couple of years back. I rode that into work this morning down the trail. Here's a pic of where I run along and near to the office last winter before the deep stuff really arrived.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/monsaltrail_2.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/Compressed_commute.JPG

12/12/2011 at 16:44

Does look marvelous, I love running in the snow the crunch of new snow under your trail shoes, the freshness of the air.

You are gonna need those gloves!

12/12/2011 at 21:45
My word, just got back from the tempo run 10miles in the bag at a good pace, most of it flying rather than running. The rain was ferocious, when I went under one tree a twig came off hit me in the ribs winding me, however I was more worried when I was running under power lines which looked rather strained. I hope everyone else got back sage and sound
13/12/2011 at 09:21

Well this is it the day of reckoning has arrived, who will go through and who will cast aside like yesterday's chip paper?  Either way I'm out for 5 x 1mile reps at 5:30 pace (hopefully wind assisted!) with 4min recoveries.

Good luck everyone

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 92 of 92 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.