Walking a marathon is easier?

Is It?

301 to 320 of 394 messages
25/04/2013 at 13:28

James have you been Googling "hot older women" all morning? 

Pudge    pirate
25/04/2013 at 13:29
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Well he brought some sparklers and walked me to the bus stop afterwards  

Raunchy stuff!

25/04/2013 at 13:35

James have you been Googling "hot older women" all morning? 

I had nothing better to do. Although they had to be fully clothed to avoid any trouble at work.

25/04/2013 at 13:37
Pudge wrote (see)

Well he brought some sparklers and walked me to the bus stop afterwards  

Raunchy stuff!

25/04/2013 at 13:45

Sreamapillar - I am starting think you are probably grade A milf. Well at least better than Fearn Britton.

25/04/2013 at 13:49
Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Sreamapillar - I am starting think you are probably grade A milf. Well at least better than Fearn Britton.

God I hope so! 

Edited: 25/04/2013 at 13:50
25/04/2013 at 13:57

Dear Mrs. Hog-Mousey, please, please, please don't take offense to my "swimmer" analogy. I was just trying to make an argument which as DF3 points out, was rather weak anyway. In reality, a "swimmer" IMHO is anybody who enjoy splashing about in the water, even doggy paddle. And yes, I missed out sidestroke too, there are indeed more than four strokes, d'oh.

Screamapillar, re: the very things at the back of the back that would make a person give up, that's exactly right, you have to dig extra, extra deep at those low points.

But do carry on, I like how this thread is headed...

25/04/2013 at 14:03

Also, I have a training and running-related question I'd like to throw to the masses. Please be brutally honest.

Basically I'm going to do all that I can to be faster next year. My fastest half marathon was 2:39 a long while back. I was training hard and was lighter than I am now. Does that mean I'm likely doomed to get no more than a 5:40 marathon PB based on the double the half+20mins formula? I've never run more than 18 miles in training because it takes me over four hours and from what I understand, LRs over four hours can do more harm than good in training. I would like to do some 22 mile LRs for the psychological comfort. 

My plan so far is to start running again Monday and start official marathon training around October this year, substantially earlier than the January I would normally start.

Thoughts and constructive feedback welcome.  

Sorry this thread does not mention anything salacious or controversial.

25/04/2013 at 14:03

Yeah it's gone a bit off topic 

Mind you have you seen what's happened to KK's vegan thread? Disturbing!

25/04/2013 at 14:08

God I hope so! 

Post a picture of yourself and we will all give you a MILF grade. Sounds like a great way to pass the afternoon.

25/04/2013 at 14:09

Well I did ask a running specific question above so maybe we can bring it back.

But in the interim, what's happening in the KK's vegan thread? Is there a link?

Pudge    pirate
25/04/2013 at 14:20
Run Zaftig Run! wrote (see)

Well I did ask a running specific question above so maybe we can bring it back.

Running schmunning...we want to see some milf pics!

Edited: 25/04/2013 at 14:20
25/04/2013 at 14:24

Kim Thomson from Emmerdale. Had to look up her name cos I don't really watch it.  I used to fancy the pants off her in the '80s when she was in Brush Strokes (remember that?!), then she turned up in Emmerdale (which I don't really watch) donkeys' years later...

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
25/04/2013 at 14:26
PhilPub wrote (see)

Kim Thomson from Emmerdale.

What is she like at running marathons tho ?

25/04/2013 at 14:27

Milfs that run?

25/04/2013 at 14:29

Phil - what a great call. Brush Strokes was the most bizarre concept for a program! If my wank bank is working she was the posh lady who Cain was rolling around in the hay with.....................happy days.

25/04/2013 at 14:30

Not sure if she runs but once saw the guy who plays Cain in Emmerdale out for a run down the Leeds-Liverpool canal.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
25/04/2013 at 14:37

Not sure if she runs but once saw the guy who plays Cain in Emmerdale out for a run down the Leeds-Liverpool canal.

Running down the canal ?  Walking on water is clever, running on it is amazing

25/04/2013 at 14:37
RZR - if scream lets me give you one of my gems. I ran three half marathons over 2 hours. Found the ultimate training schedules this site and knocked 26 mins off time. You may of course already have a schedule.

However, a schedule may suggest you do a half marathon so you would be able to assess progress.
25/04/2013 at 14:40

Thanks James. Quick Q, why do you need permission from Scream to give things out? All my schedules are for 16 or 18 weeks and don't go past 18 milers so clearly I need to do something different. I do have three half marathons in mind between now and next April though so yes, it might be good for me to focus on those times for a while. Is that 26mins off Half Marathon or Marathon time btw?

301 to 320 of 394 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.