Waterproof clothing

4 messages
28/10/2010 at 13:15

Am attending a boot camp and have been asked to take Wet weather clothing (top and bottom).  Have been searching for some items that are not going to make me sweat like a pig or so at least the sweat  can escape rather than having a pool of it by your elbows!!

Any recommendations on makes/types?

28/10/2010 at 17:04
I have Gore Running jacket that's lasted a couple of years with almost constant wear during the colder/ wetter months. Quality is very good but comes at a price. I find if it's raining and the temps aren't so low, just getting a sleeveless jacket (gilet) is much better. Your body stays dry but you don't overheat. For this, I use something cheaper from Decathlon.
29/10/2010 at 13:49

Look at the waterproof section on Pete Bland's website - fell runners normally take waterproofs onto the hills as emergency backup.

Paclite or eVent waterproofs are great.

30/10/2010 at 17:29
I'd look in outdoor shops, they tend to have more variety on waterproofs for hiking, cross country running etc.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.