Weights

Using weights to aid training

5 messages
15/08/2012 at 22:12

Hi 

Does anyone have any tips or guidlines for using weights to help running training? At this stage i have purchased dumbells and just wondered if there was some good exercises to aid running?

Thanks for your help

Cale

16/08/2012 at 23:35
Weights to help running training......

It depends on what distance your running and at what level your competing

If you're a health and fitness 10k/HM runner looking to improve then spend the time running more miles.

if your an ambitious MD runner looking to significantly improve your 800m/1500m times then its worthwhile spending sometime on weights. Try reading "Training Distance Runners" by Coe and Martin....forward by Seb Coe.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
17/08/2012 at 11:12

Thoroughly agree KK, and that goes double for "older" runners.

18/08/2012 at 19:11

Ok great thanks,

Run 10k and halfs mainly.

I have found some bits on google.

Thanks again  

05/09/2012 at 21:27

squats are the runners best friend i started squatting with a barbel on my back 3 months ago and I felt all the niggles of running disappear and i havent had any again, squatting 65kg now and feel great!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.