WELSH RUNNERS!!!

So who's out there in Wales then?

861 to 865 of 865 messages
25/07/2012 at 10:50

Can't help you directly as I'm in mid-Powys,  but I have been running (alone) for about 10 years and very recently joined a local running club, and have been very pleased with it. Being old, I am slow, and therefore usually at the back, but they are very good about waiting for me, or sending back a little group of runners to bring up the rear behind me for a while. Nothing to be lost by trying one of your local clubs. I understand some are more friendly than others, and if your first session turns out to be not what you want, you can just not go back. They're not likely to ask you to pay for an initial trial session, I shouldn't think.

02/08/2012 at 12:28

Just thought I would say hello but not sure whether this was aimed at runner's in Wales or Welsh Runners?

I fall in the second category but live in Sussex, originally coming the Llantrisant.

02/08/2012 at 23:43

Hi all, thanks for the comments. I suppose I am Welsh (born in wrexham) but grew up in St Albans down south but back up here now. Basically I'm looking for some running  buddies around here as I'm sick of running alone ! There is a local Tri club but their running night is my Kids 'busy' evening and the other running club seems a bit pro!

I have managed to find a Masters swimming club this week and also a time trial cycling group so there is hope there (but they are both on the same night so I will be shattered but can't be picky!) But I would like to run with some others or even 1 other!!  I have dragged my 12 yr old son around a few times but scared I might give him heart trouble - only joking - he's actually really good but I don't think he should be doing much mileage at his age.?? 

07/08/2012 at 18:05
I live in Wales (Powys) but don't consider myself welsh though my mother was Welsh and I have learned a little of the language.
07/08/2012 at 19:34

I live in Wales, pretty sure it's near you Matt Bassett, since your maps keep popping up on my Map My Run . Small world Riodog, I'm married to a lovely man from St Albans ! Went up there at the weekend to visit MIL and had a short run in the lovely traffic fumes .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
861 to 865 of 865 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.