WELSH RUNNERS

WELSH RUNNERS

61 to 80 of 130 messages
14/03/2013 at 15:58

Sounds interesting Seren - where is that??

Legend - all the best for your parkrun this weekend.

I did a time trial of my 5k last night but must have mucked up the distance as I completed it in 19 mins - I can't even go that fast on a bike!

I feel overall, there have been some really positive developments with running and races in south wales. I'm proud to be part of the running community here

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/03/2013 at 16:13

caerphily area..........ystrad mynach

and in June caerphilly is having its first 10k race.......

14/03/2013 at 19:00
I'm a welsh runner - I'm not welsh, but as I live in north west Wales, my running is!
K80
14/03/2013 at 21:20
Shona, I think you and I are gonna have to start our own Parkmrun. How far is Eirias Park from you?
15/03/2013 at 08:21
Ooh, 15 minutes! Sounds perfect.
15/03/2013 at 12:26

Also heard a rumour that there was going to be a Parkrun in Pontypridd in Ynysangharad Park, plus in the Parkrun newsletter a few weeks ago, there was mention of a second Cardiff Parkrun in Grangetown!? I think that would be a bit of overkill if all that was to happen... Newport, Cardiff (x2), Caerphilly, Pontypridd, Porthcawl - 6 Parkruns within less than an hour of each other! Plenty of options though.

Can't wait for Cardiff Parkrun tomorrow. Looking for PB - is that realistic given last week there were 380 there and there's been over 400 a couple of times already this year or is it getting too crowded to expect too much.

15/03/2013 at 13:26

Blimey - that really is overkill in terms of parkruns!!

Legend - good luck for your 5k parkrun tomorrow -hope you get the pb. I'll be trying not to get a PW (personal worst) tomorrow in my 5k race.

15/03/2013 at 19:24
good luck legend and LTS! I am running 'round the lakes' in Rhayader tomorrow which is 20m but there is 5m too if anyone wants a shorter distance. Smack bang in the middle of Wales and will be all over in time for the rugby!
15/03/2013 at 19:27

ledgend .. you forgot bryn bach parc...

15/03/2013 at 19:27

Sounds lovely Camlo, but I'm having a lie-in tomorrow . To be fair, I am just back from my first ever nine mile run, so I think i may have earned it! Proper wet rain and welsh hills, got to love them.

15/03/2013 at 20:26

I like the Cardiff Parkrun even though im in Newport, instead of 2 different venues i think 2 runs an hour apart would be better, say 8 and 9 o'clock, would ease the congestion.

16/03/2013 at 16:07

Im a Welsh runner but living in England  but have done a couple of races in north wales

17/03/2013 at 20:24
K80 - there's a new Park Run just started on the other side of Chester. Too far for me, but depending where in Denbighshire you are, could be feasible.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/delamere/
17/03/2013 at 22:03
PB for me in Cardiff park run... 22:26. Really pleased. Has made me more determined to start concentrating more on speed sessions and getting back in core exercises to reduce that time even further with the ultimate aim of one day going sub 20. That's a long term goal mind. Don't expect to knock another 2 and a half minutes off any time soon and going to take a lot of work
18/03/2013 at 08:42

Legend - well done. Excellent pb - really pleased for you  Sub 20 is my longer term goal too. I also got my 5k pb in the Cardiff parkrun, back in 2011

Camlo - how did your 20 mile race go??

I ran ok in the 5k saturday - finished 3rd female. Not sure of my time yet - results should be out this evening. Also managed my first long run for my summer marathon yesterday. Only 90 minutes on my feet, but it's a start.

All in all a good weekend for sport & I'm English...Wales truly deserved the win - they played really well & made the English players look pathetic.

18/03/2013 at 08:44

cardiff is my 5k PB in 2011 

18/03/2013 at 18:15

Legend well done, you were just in front of me as I ran 22.41.

19/03/2013 at 12:45

Anyone doing the Atlantic College 10K this weekend? I'm signed up and looking for my 3rd different distance PB of the month having already beaten my Half Marathon and 5K time. My 10K pb is 48:25. Confident I can get sub 48 and hopefully even better, but we'll see on the day.

I believe there's a few events this weekend around south wales. First park run in West Wales, the 5/10/20 miler in Llanelli, and the San Dom 20 miler. Plenty to choose from with the other usual park runs as well.

26/03/2013 at 12:26

All gone very quite on this thread.

I beat my 10K time despite freezing and windy conditions in the Atlantic College 10K. Knocked 40 seconds off finishing in 47:45. Confident that on a flat course in better conditions I could possibly even go sub 47 with the ultimate goal of someday going sub 45 (long way off). Think there were a few more there than expected as well with a couple of other events being cancelled last minute.

LTS - did you attend the first Llyn Llech parkrun after? We got the trial run of the Porthcawl event this Saturday so fingers crossed it all goes well before the official first event on April 6th.

26/03/2013 at 14:57

Legend - well done for the Atlantic College run - another pb  I heard the conditions were bad. if you can do sub 48 in bad weather, you can certainly do sub 45 in a few months time.

Can you get to Swansea? That course in September has pb potential.

I didnt make it to the parkrun - trying to save petrol. I did a couple of local runs from my house instead, but they are not very scenic and I missed my long run due to the cold weather...turned back after 4.

Hope to do a parkrun this saturday though. Have you got a link or any information for the porthcawl event?

61 to 80 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.