WELSH RUNNERS

WELSH RUNNERS

81 to 100 of 130 messages
26/03/2013 at 22:08
fab park runs Legend and LTS and a shiny 10k pb legend, you must be chuffed given the conditions?
LTS - this weather is truly carp and sorry to hear your long run was thwarted. Thankfully although we had snow in Powys, it wasn't much and the roads were clear so could still get out.
The 20m round the lakes was a different kettle of fish, started in sunshine but the middle was a nightmare with hail and snow. Road was white over and it was a first to take a drink which had ice around the rim! Pleased with my time though (3:03) as hopefully means a sub 4 mara is possible at London.
Did anyone do San Dom?
Tonight we have firmed up arrangements for 3x 5ks in May/ June. Details on Rhayader running club website if anyone fancies them.
27/03/2013 at 17:47

San Dom 20 did'nt take place due to bad weather.

27/03/2013 at 18:30

not surprised, we were up Sugar Loaf doing the Three Peaks Trial and it was very snowy!!

02/04/2013 at 12:42

Another pb for me. Where will it end! Did 21:59 at the Porthcawl Park Run Trial. There were 65 runners from the 6 Bridgend clubs who helped set it up so the trial run was used as a sort of Bridgend clubs race. Looking forward to the first official one this Saturday. Helen and Mark Jenkins started the event and Steve Brace was the race director so 3 Olympians in attendance and we haven't even properly started!

LTS - there's a page set up for the Porthcawl Park Run on the official site... http://www.parkrun.org.uk/porthcawl/

There was also an article about it somewhere earlier this week where the possibility of a Pontypridd park run was mentioned again.

02/12/2013 at 14:19

I've just started running, am based in the Porthmadog area and have entered my first ever race - http://www.6thtrail.co.uk/ which will be in April .

Wish there were parkruns in this part of Wales, even though I haven't managed more than 3k yet (only been running 2 weeks!), and about half of that must have been walking!

03/12/2013 at 19:12

Anyone entered xmas pudding run, Merthyr Mawr on the 15th.

Legend sub 21 yet !!

FOOW, all the best for your first race in April

seren nos    pirate
03/12/2013 at 19:15

Pudding run is one of my favourites..wouldn't miss it

03/12/2013 at 19:18

Bet I am last up the big dipper.

seren nos    pirate
03/12/2013 at 19:20

I sprinted up there last year.......well i was just behind my hubby all the way up and then made a sprint for it near the top.......the look on his face........as there is a separate prize for first up I took this to be a separate race and thats the first time I have beaten him in over 5 years

05/12/2013 at 07:24

Is there a link to the xmas pud run i can send to my club? Dont think there is anything else that day And merthyr is doable from us. Can you enter on the day? 

seren nos    pirate
05/12/2013 at 07:35

Camlo.....you used to be able to enter on the day.....but it has become so popular that it sells out in a few hours this yea....r.you can transfer numbers if you contact them

they can only accomodate 700

06/12/2013 at 18:08

Parkrun on Saturday in Cardiff

XC on Sunday at Bath

Forsake works xmas party so I can run round a field without being sick, what has my life come too !

seren nos    pirate
06/12/2013 at 18:22

roy . the same.I'm passing on my cycling clubs christmas dinner so i can run around the same field in bath

06/12/2013 at 19:20

Seren,

birds of a feather run together, see you Sunday

10/02/2014 at 13:59

Good afternoon all!!

I keep leaving this site alone! How is everyone?

Kind regards Matt.

10/02/2014 at 18:57

Hi  Matt.

6th week into my marathon training, 8 weeks to go.

How  is everyone doing ?

10/02/2014 at 21:00

Evening folks!! Some fab running going on in the lovely hills of mid-wales. 

Roy - there is a 20 miler in Rhayader early march if you want to test mara fitness. 

Wish this blimmin weather would improve so we could run without wellies again! Hope everyone else is able to keep up with plans.

10/02/2014 at 23:12

Well done Roy!

Camlo, the weather is insane!! Wind and rain seem a permanent feature. TBH it's getting me down a little.....my runs are all around the 3 mile cos I hate being soooo soggy!

11/02/2014 at 19:46

Camlo,,

Rhayader is a tough bugger, 

I find races impact so much on my training that I have cut them back till now I don't do any, the closer I get to my main race.

Last Sunday, it was so windy  I was blown backwards. honest.

30/04/2014 at 14:32

Been a while since I checked this thread.

Roy - no, the sub 21 still hasn't happened but it's down to 21:21. I blame marathon training and entering way too many races as much excuse for not having a better parkrun PB. Including parkruns, I've done 61 events in 61 weeks (35 parkruns, 26 races). I did Pentyrch Hill Race last night - my first proper Fell race - I knew it was going to be tough but didn't expect the hills to be that steep.

It my club races on Sunday (Cwm Ogwr 5 miler) if anyone's interested (near Bridgend). Had just under 100 runners in our first year and everything went really smoothly. £8 entry for affliates with tech-t and goodie bag at the end (which actually includes food / drinks not just leaflets) - can't argue with that.

81 to 100 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.