what are good recipes/drinks for running

9 messages
01/05/2008 at 20:57

I bought a cheap blender yesterday so that i could make my own energy drinks. I got the idea from this months running magazine. I used one banana, half an apple, a handful of porridge oats & just a enough milk to make it a nice smooth drink. Half an hour later i went for my midweek 3 mile run & was suprised how much more energy i had in my legs & did my PB for 3 miles.

Has anyone got any good ideas for recipes whether it be a good meal full of carbs to keep the legs going that extra mile or a homemade energy drink to give you an all round power boost.

As loyd grossman would say "IT'S OVER TO YOU"

01/05/2008 at 21:27

I always have about 1 hour before my run:
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/our-formulas/tri-carb/  in water, works wonders!  Have a banana with it but not blended in.

01/05/2008 at 23:01

Is there anything on the blue "Health" tab at the top? There's lots of stuff on nutrition.

JJ

02/05/2008 at 08:44
Must try that one Adrian
02/05/2008 at 21:51
Lots of recipes on this site under the health tab above - also good smoothie ideas in the magazine this month!
06/05/2008 at 11:41

PRE-Run _ Tropica and water

Post run SHANDY BASS

06/05/2008 at 12:07

I remember Boris Becker stuffing bananas down himself during Wimbledon.  They didn't do him any harm... do you reckon it is the banana that is the energy booster?

Anyway, I make this sometimes... one banana, one or two ripe kiwis, one pot plain Actimel, couple of large spoonfuls of plain live yoghurt.  If consistency is not as liquid as you like, just add milk...  Blend.  Wash up.  Then drink.

06/05/2008 at 22:59
I know tha banana is a good source of energy for that quick boost & porridge oats in the drink too is a great carbs provider. It doesn't sound too good but when blended all together it tastes great, believe me
07/05/2008 at 13:29
shandy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.