What do you carry with you on long runs?

Water, gels, condoms?

61 to 73 of 73 messages
21/11/2008 at 14:05

Lol! I did the sniff and grob today and the wind carried the contents down the front of my top. Further along I did several 'nose on sleeve' wipes too.

When I got back my white top was streaked with blood... I must have had a mini nose bleed so it was snot mixed with blood... thought I could taste something metallic!

Top's in soak, so hope it comes out

21/11/2008 at 14:10
kittenkat wrote (see)
I think you're moving house not running

kittenkat wrote (see)
Do NOT take that sentence out of context!

PMSL!
21/11/2008 at 14:30

I used to take my phone with me even on short runs mainly due to running through chav area but now I just tell Mr CS my exact route and how long I expect to be. 

Short runs (less than an hour) I go empty handed  but anything over that I take a drink of very diluted squash with me (i get dry mouth & its not nice).   Obviously I take keys with me if necessary, probably not a good idea to leave the house unlocked when no-one is home or the car keys in the ignition.  Am doing my 1st HM early next year so will take my phone out with me when I start increasing my mileage just in case I need Mr CS to come get me as I just cant make it up that huge hill home.

Each to their own though, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Ika
21/11/2008 at 14:34

I can't do snot rockets to save my life - just end up with contents of my nose on my face instead. If its cold I run in cycling gloves which have in built towelling snot wipes ( true !! ). If its hot I use said tissues or top but don't find technical wicking fabric very absorbant.

and I  can't even bring myself to comment on maxpower ( north) 's comments on leaves / toilet paper.

Edited: 21/11/2008 at 14:35
21/11/2008 at 15:03
Ika - wiping your arse on a leaf is a very liberating experience, the next time you need a pooh on a run why not give it a try.
Ika
21/11/2008 at 15:24

Maxpower - I would rather die ......

21/11/2008 at 15:48

"Water, gels, condoms?"

Do you plan on getting lucky when you run or something Silk?

21/11/2008 at 15:55
Ika - no you wouldn't.........
21/11/2008 at 16:02
Dates - Condoms - Countryside, I thought this was about running?
21/11/2008 at 16:04
it is bikermouse - read about it in Runner's Wives...
21/11/2008 at 16:12
<backs quietly out of thread>
22/11/2008 at 20:35
bikermouse wrote (see)
Dates - Condoms - Countryside, I thought this was about running?

Isn't this DoggersWorld?

22/11/2008 at 22:44
Nothing usually but some times some wipes/tissue for those occasions when nature calls

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 73 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.