What next?

1 message
16/04/2008 at 19:25
I've just completed my first marathon (London - which was superb!) I was very happy with my time, which was 3h40 and now I'm wondering what to do next. Should I go for an autumn marathon (maybe Berlin?) or would it be more productive to focus on shorter distances over the next few months to improve my speed, then go for a marathon next year? I'm wondering what's the best way to improve - focus on speedwork, or go directly into a new marathon training schedule (I'd probably try a sub-3:30 schedule)? I've only been running for around 8 months, and following London I've found I really enjoy this distance - and I'm hoping I can improve considerably over the coming months/years with the right training.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.