What time makes a proper runner a runner

In response to a BBC website article

61 to 64 of 64 messages
04/09/2012 at 17:26

I'm disapointed, at that moment he was representing us runners on the world stage and he let us down:

http://takeitinyourstride.co.uk/2012/09/would-you-lie-about-your-marathon-time/

04/09/2012 at 19:07
MattDA wrote (see)

And there was me thinking that all you Ultra guys ran like Anton Krupicka.

we do...when its hot..wear as little as possible

04/09/2012 at 19:19
Paul J-R wrote (see)

What utter nonsense.

A runner is a runner, it doesn't matter about your speed or distance, it's about the passion you have for running.

Well, that's a new factor all together.

Because if you only run once a week, surely you don't have the same passion as someone who runs twice a week etc.

So what level of passion makes you become a runner?

04/09/2012 at 20:27
Does it really matters what others think? Do we need validation from others in order to call ourselves runners?

I personally don't consider myself a runner (did years ago before giving it up for 20+ years) but someone who runs. However I have no idea what will make me a runner but doubt it will be anything to do with time. Maybe when my first toenail falls off!

Whatever I feel it is up to me and no-one else to give myself that label.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 64 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.