What's your mantra?

Inspiration

21 to 29 of 29 messages
25/11/2011 at 13:56
Get your retaliation in first
Lee the Pea    pirate
25/11/2011 at 15:05
I say "I get to do this" which spurs me on. Also "pain is weakness leaving the body, so I must be getting really strong!" when it starts to hurt.

Even little things like "keep going" and "I can, I can I can" help....my pal's little 3 year old girl chanted the latter to herself when she was learning to ride her bike, so if it helped her, it can help me!! It works too
25/11/2011 at 15:46
I must, i must, i must improve my bust
Lee the Pea    pirate
25/11/2011 at 16:56
keep working on those moobs then Madlot! ;-0
25/11/2011 at 17:18

I got overtaken in the last 6 months at the VLM by a guy saying "You can do this, you can do this".

My mantra at this point was "just F***ing keep going". The swearing definitely helped with the pain I was in at that point!  

25/11/2011 at 20:55
Lance Armstrongs..

Pain is temporary, quitting/ not finishing lasts forever.
26/11/2011 at 04:34

I say/rmind myself "I can do this!" I say this to myself as I often doubt I can carry on or can even begin what I want myself to achieve.

Another thing I do is to say to myself to do "just the first 2 minutes" then I can change my mind if I want. After those initial 2 minutes I feel a bit better, then I ask myself if I want to carry on, if its aches and pains related I try to get to 5 minutes, ask again, if I feel a bit better I go to 15 minutes, if ALL the aches and pains haven't subsided I can then stop.

If its boredom or something else stopping me complete I focus on "how amazing will it feel if I run for XX". I managed an hour and a half on a day I hadn't even anticipated running for when I did that!

27/11/2011 at 04:55
a lovely cup of tea
06/12/2011 at 21:19
'Keep going you lazy b*****d' quickly followed by 'must take my medication when I get back'.

Sometimes: 'if you give up, you won't get this session back'.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.