When you're watching the VLM on TV this year, will you be slightly bitter?

161 to 180 of 191 messages
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
28/01/2013 at 15:29
I didn't start running marathons til I was 43, so I've got an excuse for my crap PB, and of course he last few years have been taken up with IM
28/01/2013 at 15:41
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Ouch! I havent been that hurt from a comment since I was 5 and I brought home a drawing to my parents who were in the kitchen and after I left the room I could hear them going 'Ha, what is it supposed to be? Who can tell what this is. I spose we'll have to put it up on the fridge to keep him happy but I dont think we've got the next picasso here ....' Then I heard the door between the kitchen and the living room shut and I couldnt hear anymore of what they said.

I think we might be getting somewhere!

http://sidoxia.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/freud.jpg

28/01/2013 at 16:02

Not at all Phil, I had a very good relationship with my parents its just that whatever I did was never good enough, and its all my fault!

28/01/2013 at 16:04
Perhaps dropped on your head ?
28/01/2013 at 16:04

Great memory of the moment though DF3, are you sure you were only 5?

28/01/2013 at 16:08
He's been losing sleep over it ever since ! He could have been training and getting a decent marathon time
seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 16:09

Thats understandable David.it sems you are an underachiever........seems like you want it all handed to you on a plate.....

don't have one of those high flying office jobs so that you can get a charity place...........can't run fast enough to earn a place......can't get a club place.........no luck in the ballot........

sounds like you are a born loser and your parents noticed the fact early.. ...

28/01/2013 at 16:09

Yeah, but you can't train effectively on no sleep.

WiB
28/01/2013 at 16:10

I'll run a GFA time for you, half the price of running for a charity. It's a steal.

WiB
28/01/2013 at 16:13
I wonder if he is an only child ?
28/01/2013 at 16:15
seren nos wrote (see)

Thats understandable David.it sems you are an underachiever........seems like you want it all handed to you on a plate.....

don't have one of those high flying office jobs so that you can get a charity place...........can't run fast enough to earn a place......can't get a club place.........no luck in the ballot........

sounds like you are a born loser and your parents noticed the fact early.. ...

Well my parents werent too bothered I wasnt that good because as they kept telling me as I was growing up ..... 'Now your brother Jason ...... now he's a winner, I wish you were more like him .....'

28/01/2013 at 16:17

Result! Just get Jason to run a GFA time for you!

28/01/2013 at 16:20
'Now your brother Jason ...... now he's a winner, I wish you were more like him .....'

And look how well he turned out!

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/jason-6.jpg

(Fantastic idea for VLM fancy dress!)

28/01/2013 at 16:21
literatin wrote (see)

WiB wrote (see)

I'll run a GFA time for you, half the price of running for a charity. It's a steal.

And will it not look suspicious that I was pulling a sub 3 hour time in my GFA application but then trot over the line an hour later in the London race? I spose I can always pull a Katie Price and feign a knee injury towards the end to explain the slow time.

28/01/2013 at 16:21
Bet he has a sister called Kylie
seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 16:23

no I ran london in 5:20 odd as I said.......stopped for all the sweets and a beer or two on the way..... they don't care.,

28/01/2013 at 16:30
literatin wrote (see)

WiB wrote (see)

And will it not look suspicious that I was pulling a sub 3 hour time in my GFA application but then trot over the line an hour later in the London race? I spose I can always pull a Katie Price and feign a knee injury towards the end to explain the slow time.

The bloke that checks every single finishers time against their predicted time probably would pull you up for that. If you are ten minutes outside your predicted time I believe you end up locked away in London Tower never to be seen again.

28/01/2013 at 16:40
His parents I'll be glad to get rid of him
28/01/2013 at 16:45

Dont worry guys, Ive come up with a plan to get my GFA ...... it involves me, the toilets at the halfway mark and all Im missing from my plan is to find someone who looks exactly like me .......

28/01/2013 at 16:47
Think you're stuffed then, I doubt there is anyone like you
161 to 180 of 191 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.