When you're watching the VLM on TV this year, will you be slightly bitter?

1 to 20 of 191 messages
23/01/2013 at 20:01

.... that you don't work for a huge company where you can put out the virtual begging bowl and raise that £2k that the charities hold you to ransom in order to get one of their golden tickets???

Go on, don't be politically correct, feel free to vent that you'd love to do it over the office geek who has lots of friends to give them money but then puts in about an hours worth of training each week in the lead up to the event and has a kebab the night before.

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:07

No.go for a run instead................the training might help you get your own GFA place and stop you getting old and bitter over something as meaningless as a marathon.......

or just go to Llanelli and run a wellrun flat fast marathon.....

your office geek deserves it as much as you ... If you were a serious runner you would earn your own place or be happy running any marathon......

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:07

Nope

Far better marathons out there where you can run for whoever you want and raise whatever you want and see some far better scenery then the back of 50000 other runners  

23/01/2013 at 20:09

"If you were a serious runner you would earn your own place or be happy running any marathon"

Ouch!! Thats me told LOL.

Im not saying there aren't better marathons out there, but not as many of them are broadcast live on BBC1 ...... just saying .......

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:11

Its just another run...if you want to be on telly try entering the x factor then making a total fool of your self.....more chance of being on telly 

23/01/2013 at 20:17
seren nos wrote (see)

Its just another run...if you want to be on telly try entering the x factor then making a total fool of your self.....more chance of being on telly 

To be honest, Ive actually fancied going on X Factor and deliberately acting like I was a really good singer and being really perplexed as to why Im being rejected? Maybe even throw a strop and a 'f the lot of you' on the way out, just to ensure I was definitely shown on TV.

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:19

i imagine that they must be on the look out nowadays for that .you need to do it on the first series of a new talen show...........

23/01/2013 at 20:19

I won't give a shit.  I don't know why people get so wound up about running "The London".  "The London"?  FFS, you vacuous nobber.  Find a decent marathon and run that instead.

23/01/2013 at 20:25
Intermanaut wrote (see)

I won't give a shit.  I don't know why people get so wound up about running "The London".  "The London"?  FFS, you vacuous nobber.  Find a decent marathon and run that instead.

Errrr, OK, so you're clearly not bitter at all about not being in the London marathon

23/01/2013 at 20:30
I'll probably be watching it on catch up after a nice cross country run
23/01/2013 at 20:32

Blimey David who's rattled your cage again? 

I won't be bitter because I'll be running the race for the seventh time in nine years.

What's the difference between you & me? Perhaps I just want it more.

Just sayin'...

23/01/2013 at 20:34
Mr Puffy wrote (see)
What's the difference between you & me? Perhaps I just want it more.

Just sayin'...

Thats right Mr Puffy, keep twisting the knife .........

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:42

did you sit and watch the olynpics with bitter hatred that you would have enjoyed taking part in it ....if it wasn't for all those faster, richer athletes..........

if your parents had bought you an expensive horse for your first birthday you could have been getting that gold medal........

LIVERBIRD    pirate
23/01/2013 at 20:56

I'm going to Mile 17 to play with the naughty people

23/01/2013 at 20:57

How did you get in 7 years out of 9 Mr Puffy? 

23/01/2013 at 21:01
Cinders wrote (see)

How did you get in 7 years out of 9 Mr Puffy? 

My money is on a best for age (or whatever its called)

...also I think some of you may be taking my original post a tad too literally, there was a slight tongue in cheek quality about it .... Im not exactly sitting in a darkened room with a voodoo doll!

23/01/2013 at 21:15
I will record it and will be very upset and bitter if I don't get shown in tv. If I don't I will write the BBC a strongly worded letter and ask them to refund my ??32 entry fee.
Why get so bitter about it it's just another race.
23/01/2013 at 21:16

No I am not good for age David, I wish I were.

Cinders I don't have a secret formula or anything..

2006: Golden Bond place from the local Hospice
2008: Ballot place
2010: Golden Bond place donated to Hospice by the local Lions club
2011: Club place
2012: Club place
2013: Ballot place (4th year of 5 year rule)

My comment to David was tongue in cheek, but there is a grain of truth in it, I fully understand why some people do not rate the race, but me I just love it.

23/01/2013 at 21:17

OK that'll be six then!

23/01/2013 at 21:42

all so sad ahh

highly skilled veteran (old hand ) marathoner, only for last 10 years has run only pushing his severely disabled son in his wheelchair

But then, the sick and disabled needing assistance are not welcome, no matter how expereinced the carer pusher is

me, angry, bitter peeved - YEP

1 to 20 of 191 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.