Where on Earth....

....do you suggest for a marathon

2 messages
26/06/2004 at 09:12
I am sure this has been covered before but I am curious about marathons outside Europe.

I going to the US this year to do the San Francisco and New York marathons. I fancy doing something similar next year, combining a holiday abroad with a marathon. I am not exactly speedy - I would not expect to finish much under 4 1/2 hours even on a fairly flat course - and I am not interested in ultra-marathons or running across deserts or anything like that. I just think it would be fun to visit somewhere different (the USA is the only country I will have visited outside Europe) and do a marathon.

If any of you out there have experience of a suitable race I'd be glad to hear the pros & cons.

BTW, I will be travelling alone, not with a family, so I don't have to worry about finding somewhere to suit children. Of course, I might have a girlfriend by next year. Naaaah, that's not gonna happen. I am more likely to be invited to run in the Olympics.
26/06/2004 at 09:26
PS They don't have to be big events.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.