WHERES MY BOOK RW?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
10/08/2010 at 08:27
I've got the book and found it as a excellent door-stopper. Even better use for killing flies.
10/08/2010 at 09:18
Thats a pretty good summary of the mag sprint - i too will be cancelling my subscription!
10/08/2010 at 13:25
ha, no worries - I aim to please
LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/08/2010 at 21:00
Is there anyone left subscribing then?
10/08/2010 at 21:15
I think i might be next to cancel. Have been thinking about it for the last few months, mind was made up after there was no review on the 2nd biggest marathon in Britain - Edinburgh. This was my first marathon and i was looking forward to reading about it. Running Fitness seems a better read these day. Anyone agree?
10/08/2010 at 21:19

My mum's the one who has the subscription - I just read  the interesting bits afterwards (I also nicked her RW account, hence the subscriber tag ).

There was one feature a few mags ago about ultra running which was interesting, aside from that it's pretty much the same every edition - Sprint has it bang on.

The training sections are rubbish, focusing on the one "magic workout" that will help you to lose 10 stone, knock 18 hours off your marathon time AND help resolve all world conflicts. Oh, and it takes less than 15 seconds to perform.

I'd rather get my training help from those on the forums who KNOW what they're talking about. Also the banter is good here

Edited: 10/08/2010 at 21:20
11/08/2010 at 00:05

I given up on RW after 17 years buying the mag. It gone so downmarket. It copy the format
of Men's Health and applying it to RW. Its not a proper running mag anymore. Just a fitness
lifestyle mag.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/08/2010 at 09:03

I think there's too much emphasis on people new to running. I know we all started somewhere and you absolutely cannot neglect the beginners (and I would never want to) but I'm not a beginner, nor am I an elite runner. I'm not even a good runner! I'm an improver who doesn't get enough help with improving.

Does that make any sense or is it too soon after my first cup of tea to be coherent?

14/08/2010 at 11:41
Very, vert true runnerman.................................and my BOOK IS STILL NOT HERE...........
14/08/2010 at 11:47
Just Run - Rw towers do not read any part of the forum other than 'website bugs'. It might be worth you starting a thread there to get their attention, I have seen similar instances where that has got someone to look into the situation.
14/08/2010 at 15:55

Interestingly, I`ve just got hold of the American version, September issue of Runner`s World (pdf issue) and it`s far better than the UK version, obviously the dates/venues are of no use but with regards to the layout, content and structure, it`s far superior!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.