Which running shoes shall I wear??:-|

Bupa great Birmingham half marathon

4 messages
17/10/2012 at 06:37
I have a dilemma at the moment, I bought some asics gel nimbus 14's a couple of weeks ago which are very comfy and are broken in as I have done about 50 miles in them, but I don't know whether to wear my Nike zoom elites for the Birmingham half marathon on Sunday??? I've never worn the elites for more than 6 mile runs but have done a couple of 10 milers in the gel nimbus 14's. Any ideas???
18/10/2012 at 15:29

I would take a small risk and go for the elites. Any major problems would have been felt after 6 miles and I've never gone on to have a problem with shoes that felt fine after 6 miles.

18/10/2012 at 16:27
Thanks for the advice, think I will go for the elites as they are lighter
18/10/2012 at 17:11

I have had problems with shoes during a half marathon that I didn't have problems with on 6 mile runs but that wouldn't stop me experimenting with new ones during a half in the future! 13 miles isn't too long if they don't suit!!! Go for the Elites!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.