Which Songs do you sing to yourself?

Songs that you hum when running

41 to 49 of 49 messages
25/10/2002 at 15:50
Anything by the Alabama Three gets me through the last miles.

Especially "let's go back to church"
25/10/2002 at 16:00
there was an old woman that swalloed a fly

over and over again

please dont try to analyse this it just pops into my head and stays there!!!
25/10/2002 at 16:04
Bird on a Wire by Leonard Cohen but then I am a very slow runner.
25/10/2002 at 21:17
If there is one song that every runner should listen to, it is "Marathon" by Canadian rock band Rush. It was released in 1985, and is a fantastic song to listen to when running, as the lyrics are so insiring. A short extract of lyrics:

"It's a test of ultimate will,
The heartbreak climb uphill.
Got to pick up the pace,
If you want to stay in the race."

and:

"You can do a lot in a lifetime
If you don't burn out too fast.
You can make the most of the distance,
First you need endurance-
First you've got to last-"

YOU MUST LISTEN TO IT!!!
25/10/2002 at 22:33
Tend to sing Ziggy Stardust or Space Oddity for some strange reason - Can you hear me Major Tom?
25/10/2002 at 23:06
al-pal, what album was it on as i am a more of a spirit of radio or bastille day runner
25/10/2002 at 23:25
Smokie,

The album was Power Windows, released 1985.

Go out and buy it, you should be able to pick it up for about a fiver, these days.

Spirit of Radio is not bad either! Did you know that Rush are still about these days? They released a new album earlier this year, it's a bit heavier than usual, but good none-the-less.
25/10/2002 at 23:44
cheers al, now on the way from amazon, 8 quid and by the reviews well worth spending.i obviously missed this one originally as i was more into rainbow, scorpions. thanks
26/10/2002 at 00:09
Let me know if you like it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.