Which Songs do you sing to yourself?

Songs that you hum when running

1 to 20 of 49 messages
23/10/2002 at 11:02
My top 5 are

1. Living on a Prayer
2. Boogie Wonderland
3. I Never Knew Love like this before (cannot remember who sings it. Its just a cheesy 70's disco track)
4. Run for home, run as fast as I can, running man...(I am cringing as I type that one)
5. Breakaway

I dont know why there is such a 70's vibe to my brains playlist. I am only 29!!
23/10/2002 at 11:15
I did a long 17 mile run the other week and I had Whiter Shade of Pal on a continuous loop in my head. Just could not get rid of it. Got me round though. The other day it was a Coldpaly track from their new albumn.

Never Knew love like this was by Alexander O'Neill.
23/10/2002 at 11:15
Strewgth what's happened to my spelling today.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
23/10/2002 at 12:44
Sorry, I'm almost always dreaming or else making up stories when out on a long run. Rarely sing or hum when running.
23/10/2002 at 12:50
Usually something dumb like the Hokey Kokey (sp?) or the same line or phrase over and over again. Trouble is, once it starts it's a devil of a job to stop.

It can drive me mad!
23/10/2002 at 12:52
remember,member,member
what a
womble,womble,womble your are

oh - how I hate that 'song' and how often it comes back into my head
23/10/2002 at 12:55
Kinda depends what I've been listening to a lot. Usually something high energy.

At the moment I've just acquired a track by the Foo Fighters called "All My Life" which is absolutely brilliant if you want something with lots of energy in a rock sort of way. They fetaure Dave Grohl who used to be in Nirvana if that gives you a refernce point. Otherwise it could be something more dance orientated for similar energy reasons, or occasionally something I can just veg out to/get into a meditative state and just detach from the constant plodding.

"A Whiter Shade of Pal"?? Is this a new kind of dog food Bobolink? ;-)
23/10/2002 at 12:59
Hey Jude - na na na na na naaa, na na na naaa Heyyy Jude. Something simple :o)
23/10/2002 at 13:01
I heard it on Top Of The Pops just the once.

Mad Donna's - 'The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round'.

It finds its way into my head during every other run. It's quirkily sweet and certainly keeps the momentum going - even if it does drive me mad !
23/10/2002 at 13:04
Scotty
You only heard it once, you're so lucky.

We've got two small children I've heard it millions & millions of times (I'm sure I can find a tape of it if you want!)
23/10/2002 at 13:08
Mostly Tamla Motown or Abba (there, I've confessed) or if the weather is particularly beautiful I'll run through something by Vaughan Williams, Schuman or Mozart.
23/10/2002 at 13:21
I normally start singing whatever advert or jingle I heard on the radio as I'm getting ready. It can get really annoying after awhile as it will not stop and keeps going on and on and on and on. Aaaagh!

A good song to sing on long runs is Road to Nowhere!
23/10/2002 at 13:27
Usually songs from the 80s, I play a lot from that era so there is allways one in the back of my mind when I run, going round and round and round and....................
I have a tape that I sometimes listen too - it is amazing how the song influences your pace!

Usually start off to mellow stuff, bit of 70's, then comes the dance tracks to really get the pace going!
Kylie (Can't get you out of my head, or Love at first sight) or much worse - Five's version of Queen's We will rock you.

it's tragic.
23/10/2002 at 13:46
U2, U2, ...U2
Sim
23/10/2002 at 15:15
MeatLoaf...Bat Out Of Hell. Oh dear. I'll get me coat.
23/10/2002 at 15:31
Coupla choons from the Commonwealth Games (anyone there?)

Absolutely Flawless - the ones - funky dance choon

Singin In The Rain - having tried to get the crowd singin on that very rainy wednesday -doh

Defintiely nothing by the Tweenies or Fimbles!
23/10/2002 at 15:51
Singing in the Rain would be appropriate for the winter. And don't forget to rule out the Teletubbies!
23/10/2002 at 17:15
I hate to admit it but…

Don't Stop Movin' - S Club 7
You Get What You Give - New Radicals

The S Club song has obvious running lyrics, and thinking of Rachel helps take my mind off the pain. The New Radicals one includes the line 'you ran a miracle mile' (or something similar), which might just happen one day.

Beyond that -

"Oh what a night, late December back in sixty-three, was a very special time for me, what a lady, what a night..."
1 to 20 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.