Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

201 to 220 of 15,573 messages
11/08/2010 at 05:51
It was dry th is morning and I also saw 2 deer. Right thats the good news stated. Did a Fartlek session and am shattered. Glad I was out though.
11/08/2010 at 09:05

Up at 04:30 for 16 miles. Nice and cool this morning.

11/08/2010 at 12:55
Dino; Cracking long run today.
11/08/2010 at 13:12
Up at 6am for a few miles with the hound this morning - lovely and sunny (but a little chilly!!). x
11/08/2010 at 20:13
Len: Yup its getting chilly and dark ish again.
11/08/2010 at 20:32

Been on a residential course out in the wilds near York for the last 3 days so I packed some running gear in the hope to get some running in.

Managed to do a 7 miler yesterday at 05:15 got lost and had to do cross country style to get back on the main road. Today after a long night in the residential bar (got into bed at midnight) up at 04:45 and knocked out a slow 9 miler on roads and woods, I have a new sport called badger chasing, they are big bug**rs aren't they I came across 3 on two separate occassions in the woods, along with the obligatory rabbits and small deer.

The other participants on the course thought I was mad, getting up early running that is, not badger chasing, as they were still nursing hangovers. 

12/08/2010 at 05:49
Passed another stupid oclock  runner when out this morning. Flo vest on, first time since May ! Darker morningare here...
12/08/2010 at 07:55
10 miles for me this morning. No other runners. Just the world and me. Until people started getting to work.
12/08/2010 at 12:57
Turbo:Its unusual for me to see any other runners when I'm out.
12/08/2010 at 13:46
6.45am on Sunday for 13 miler - 4 deer (!)
16/08/2010 at 05:58
iPlodder; Good run and deer spotting yesterday. 5M Fartlek today. Lovely dry, windless run. Dawn breaking. An 'explosion' of colour. Red, yellow etc. Great to be out. Legs full of lactic acid now though... That wiped the smile off my face...
17/08/2010 at 05:55
This morning my legs heavy (a recovery ru)n and it was Dark, drizzly ,but warm. Only wildlife spotted today were horses in field. I enjoyed being out !!!
17/08/2010 at 09:12

morning early morning runners!!!

you guys make me feel great! i thought i was the only one who got up at silly- oclock until i found this!

ive been running at crack of dawn, somewhere between 4 and 4.30 for years. my boyfriend thinks im nuts but i love it. its like having the world to yourself, you can explore the city all on your own. best time to run, not traffic, noise or people to bump into!

in reply to turboelli i need my sleep so end up in bed about 10pm, sometimes earlier.

went out today at 4.30, did a short one though as got a slight hamstring tightness and dont want to make it an injury!!!- wish i could have gone further...

question for any of you guys who run in cities- DO YOU FIND THAT FOXES WHO ARE OUT THAT EARLY TRY AND RUN WITH YOU?  no im not nuts, its happened to me loads.......!!!! weird

anyway, big hello to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gemma xxxxx

17/08/2010 at 09:24
Out at 04:45 this morning. Legs like slabs of dead meat. Crawled for 8 miles before returning home.
17/08/2010 at 10:09

what do people do for 'breakfast' - if anything - before these runs?

04.:30 ... makes my 06:45 look like a long lie-in!

At that time of day I haven't had a fox run with me but I've had offended looks as if I've encroached upon their time.

17/08/2010 at 10:13

i-plodder,

i generally dont have any breakfast before my run, far too early. all i need is a sip of water and then when i return i'll have a good breakfast. not before. not enough time to digest and not get stitches!

thanks for replying about foxes! it was all very strange, i think they were chasing me, but hey, make me run faster!

x

17/08/2010 at 12:24

iplodder: Dont eat anything. Up, stretch, drink some diluted juice and out the door.

Foxes either run away or just sit and stare !

Dino: Cracking description of tired legs

17/08/2010 at 15:05
Not sure I'd want to be chased down the road by a pack of hungry foxes...or even a 'leash' of hungry foxes which is the collective noun for them!!

Fortunately I don't seem to attract faxes but I've had to jump over the occasional adder when I'ver been out running. I once was bitten by one of the slippery serpents and had to sit for 2 hours in A&E waiting to see whether or not I'd need an antidote for the venom!!

The worst experience though was being out in the middle of the forest just as it was getting dark and suddenly seeing a pack of 9 or 10 German Shepherds running towards me. They surrounded me and were barking furiously and acting very aggressively and looked as though they were about to attack. Luckily the owners appeared just in the nick of time and called the dogs off. Don't know why anyone would want that many vicious looking dogs. My guess is that they were guard dogs or something!

I go running with my own dog now so he sorts out any troublemakers from the canine world!!
17/08/2010 at 19:51

Chris!

jees! Adders??!! wow dont get many crawling around in central london. i dont like the sound of that A+E experience you had, never had a trauma like that from a run! though i shamefully can admit a few times at that time in the morning....when hadnt fully woken up i have banged into a few trees..ops!

never had any dogs chase me, though when i lived near a large park with stags they did give me a good run! that was frightening! hmmm maybe i should get a dog to take out with me on my runs- though it probably wouldnt appreciate the early mornings!

lets see what i find tomorrow morning!! it could be like a wildlife challenge...who saw what...etc

see ya!

x

17/08/2010 at 19:54

ps. Birkmyre, i just saw your post a few days ago about going out at 2.30am!!! haha now thats funny!! hope it was a good run!

201 to 220 of 15,573 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.