Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,201 to 10,220 of 16,622 messages
25/09/2012 at 07:36

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding Kate.

It's the Sussex Border Path Ultra Thurs 15 November. Sold out this year.  Are you going to do it next year? I may have to find an alternative.....

I don't even know why I'm talking about ultras I can barely do a normal marathon.

You lot lead me astray......

25/09/2012 at 07:38

Thanks PSC, it's sold out. Phew.

25/09/2012 at 07:43
PSC    pirate
25/09/2012 at 07:45

LOL 5:30.....

Not a race report as such, but something to acknowledge the event of the weekend and maybe the beginning of a blog entry (which I haven't updated for months)

So, OK, I'm converted... this was my third ultra having done 2 x LDWA 30 milers before this one.  Kent White Cliffs Challenge - total distance about 55 miles (billed as 52 miles - my ar$e).  Lots of walking done as there seemed to be lots of hills, so out there for a long time, but the time really was arbitrary. Fabulous route, brilliant drink stops, lots of hills, incredible weather, fabulous company, I could go on but you get the picture.  Some highlights... Mother In Law turning up a mile 30 with a Cottage Pie for lunch, a spot prize of 6 Shepherd Neame ales when I finished, seeing the eventual winner going past me 8 miles in at about 200 mph... (he started an hour after us), oh, too many highlights really.  It was just a great day!  I felt pretty beaten up the day after and slept for about 18 hours, but 2 days on and I am feeling remarkable normal again.  The benefits of off road running I would say.  Now thinking about the LDWA triple (done over 3 years).... Kent/Sussex/Surrey.

25/09/2012 at 07:54

morning all

PSC - well done, can't imagine doing that kind of distance!

well, big fail for me this morning, last night, I just though I can't be bothered to set the bike in the turbo (doesn't really take long, I just shouldn't have left it till I had fallen asleep on the sofa) so I didn't get up. Well, running club tonight anyway

5:30 is far too late for me - all my soc runs start at 4 something - I have to be back by 6 to get ready for work.

25/09/2012 at 08:06

Psc , now that is impressive a 52 mile ultra with cottage pie for lunch. I am currently reading scott Jureks eat and run which has a recipe at the end of each chapter as he is a veggie I doubt i'll find one for cottage pie. might ask my mother to do me a roast for my country to capitol. Either way I  think you should submit an article to runners world on the sports nutritional benefits of cottage pie . Excellent i take it you were not to bothered about your time or was this all part of your pacing plans ,cunning.Sorry but sod the jelly babies every check point of evey race I now enter I shall demand a good meat pie . Only a pity you didn't get the spot prize earlier  to go with your lunch.

Edited: 25/09/2012 at 08:12
25/09/2012 at 08:11

Morning all, busy today even with Birky being on holiday.  No SOC for me today, just over 5 miles slow on a treadmill last night to ease the legs out from Sunday, surprising how even just knocking 30 seconds or so off a mile can make your quads ache.

Good racing Tommy, do you work in France a lot, or all the time?

PSC that is a great event to have finished, mileages most people would check the oil in their car to go.

5.30 I apologise if I have mentioned a start time anything like half past five, I will get up earlier from this point on

25/09/2012 at 09:02

Morning all, for some reason i've not been getting the updates for this page I've been a bit ill so have been resting as much as possible but will hopefully head out at NOC for a little trot around.

Well done to everyone racing/running in this weather!

25/09/2012 at 09:41
Valis, can you get your mum to cook Scott's burritos for me for the C2C please?
25/09/2012 at 13:42

Kate the mere thought of spice would set off mother V's heart burn so I'am sorry the burritos are off the menu.

25/09/2012 at 14:40

No SOC today as have so much on at the moment. Managed to pop out at lunchtime today for a 4 mile run. Really not keen on lunch runs as I seem to spend most of my time trying to pick a path round the pedestrians/tourists.

Hope to get back out tomorrow morning for an SOC.

26/09/2012 at 06:00

Good morning all

8 miles this morning caught in a couple of passing showers but warm otherwise

Nw 1 cat that I found trying to distribute the contents of one of my bin bags across the biggest area possible when I returned home.

Birky, If your lurking hope your holiday is going well.

happy hump day everyone

PSC    pirate
26/09/2012 at 06:40

Morning Team ..

Out early today to work as doing the inlaws a favour.  Then up to London this afternoon - it's all go in the fast lane!  Another day of resting... I think I've earned it.  It does make me think though... my weekly mileage for the last 7 days is only about 70 odd.. and there are people who do far more than that!  How the heck do they do that?  (and why)?

Emmy, if you are ill don't be in a rush to get out running.  It will slow your recovery.  Go for a walk instead... something to stir up your lymph system without stressing the body.

Wet here...

Never mind - big smile for the world

26/09/2012 at 07:53

morning

stayed dry for my run - 7.6 miles. Hard rain now so glad I missed it.

NW - I cat rolling in the road

DW - fox and hedgehog

26/09/2012 at 11:47

Day off work today so had a lay in and didn't get out till 7.30am.  NW was just dogs, with their owners, the real wild stuff had gone back into the woods.

PSC 70 miles is serious weekly mileage, but it is amazing when you hear runners on here that run 100+ and still hold down big jobs.

Haircut and opticians sorted this morning.

27/09/2012 at 05:47

Morning

Nice holiday thanks, came back witha  pile of running mags thanks to my Bro in Law. I even was handed a Triathlon Mag funny as I swim like a brick

Slept in yesterday then MissB on computer and I watched footie.

On my way driving back I overtook...a Kingsmill Lorry

NW: Ovett (the SOC owl) I swear gave me a dirty look as I ran past him this morning and looked at an imaginary stopwatch and tutted (hooted)

27/09/2012 at 06:03

Jake: Welcome

Younger son uses Stupid O Clock as an early morning term.  We left last Friday at 5:05 am ish to catch 10:15 am Ullapool Ferry.and he said 'So you're leaving at Stupid O Clock !. I was quite pleased,

27/09/2012 at 06:11

Good morning all

9 miles this morning raining for most of it

Nw, a few snails and a robin in the back garden as I warmed down.

Morning Birky glad you had a nice time.

27/09/2012 at 06:14

maths:I never realised you ran so early for your SOC runs. Every days is alearning day on here

My final day as a Civil Servant after 24.5 years in MoD tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow about whether I'm getting a  6mth extension in my current job. I get my redundancy pay off anyway.

27/09/2012 at 06:47

Morning all - 6.5 miles, 4 x OR and a Hovis van for birky, welcome back! Silly busy day again today so hopefully will catch up with you all later.

10,201 to 10,220 of 16,622 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.