Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,241 to 10,260 of 13,611 messages
14/08/2013 at 07:27

Morning all - 1K in the lake this morning, after a beautiful sunrise and all felt well with the world. Very dark in the mornings now though. Agreed, the laps are dull, but I did manage 11 last year on my 40 miler. My reasoning is I need the marathon for some confidence I'm still OK with the distance, and my plan on Saturday is early swim, performance test on the bike at the Uni then onto the race, tri simulation with very long transitions! MC, someone does the counting or I know I'd forget. Thanks for all the tips PSC, much appreciated, having a real dip with the cycling at the moment, fortunately a good track session last night has made me happier with my running. Must be inspired by the athletics. Happy hump day one and all.

15/08/2013 at 07:06

Morning all - 4 miles with my weighted backpack on, then plyometrics in the garage. NW 1 cat 1 slug, not a lot out there except some dark, grey and drizzle. The butterflies seem to be back this year after being washed out last summer birky, I've seen plenty when I've been out biking. The big smoke beckons today, then fins on for drills in the pool tonight.

15/08/2013 at 08:12

Kate - why are you running with a weighted backpack?

rest day for me - had a headache since yesterday

15/08/2013 at 08:14

Part of the training, supposed to give you more benefit in less time, my reasoning is I ran with it on Sunday then had a great track session on Tuesday, so hoping will help with the marathon. Hope the headache clears soon.

15/08/2013 at 08:16

I am pretty sure running with a weigted backpack would give me a sore back. Seems a bit military, but I guess it makes the session harder

16/08/2013 at 07:12

morning all - just a short run to stretch the legs for tomorrow, nothing to see out there. Happy Friday!

16/08/2013 at 08:51

morning 

still raining here, has been all night

taking another rest day as feeling a bit grotty but the headache has gone so tomorrow will be back to normal

good luck for tomorrow Kate

PSC    pirate
17/08/2013 at 08:32

Kate good luck.

morning everyone....

we are off to play in the camper van leaving not so junior in charge of the house!  

17/08/2013 at 08:43

morning everyone

still a bit headachy, think it is hayfever induced though. Anyway, stayed in bed and skipped the bike ride but will go to the club swimming session

PSC - have fun

Kate - good luck

17/08/2013 at 10:50

Good morning all

Park run and a few miles before and after this morning.

Good luck Kate and 5.30 on your Marathons

Birky,Not long now

Psc, So its a facebook style party at your house then

18/08/2013 at 08:08

morning all

lazy morning today, normal service will be resumed tomorrow. I did have a gym session yesterday evening which may account for the CBA this morning!

18/08/2013 at 14:08

Afternoon all - long day yesterday, in the lake for 4K at 6am, drove to Hatfield for an hour time trial on the bike in the lab, then on MK for the eternal laps round the lake. Not pleased with my 4.28 time, but I have plenty of excuses.... I did feel that I'd been out there so long it was November when I finished, so dark, wet and windy. Out on the bike this morning, tried to run afterwards but my legs reminded me they only stopped at 6.30pm last night. Home to catch up on the athletics, what a weekend! Hope the house is in one piece still PSC. You must be feeling pretty good in advance of next Saturday valis? Hope the marathon went well 5.30, I think you will beat me before the year is out.

18/08/2013 at 14:42

Kate - 4.28 is good after an early swim, a bike TT and the driving around that would have been involved too, so well done

18/08/2013 at 18:45

Good evening all

Did the Burnham Beeches half marathon today my previous course record there of 1.45.33 and my half PB of 1.42.51 were both beaten today and I'm still shocked at todays result. I thought I could beat my course record and knew if I could hold a sub 7.50 pace for more than 6 miles my PB could be beaten  but I didn't expect to do it by so much with a time of 1.38.50 avg pace of 7.31 

Kate, Yes, feeling good about next weekend. Your mara time considering the swim,bike trial and the mentally challenging course is good enough not to need any excuses. Will you be joining 5.30 and myself for a next weeks Thames meander leg stretcher ? No swim or bike ride required.

Birky, Good results for both Blues. McCreadie as boss relegated then handed the captaincy to 18 year old  wilkins promoted. then asked for a company car and was refused so resigned. The chairman then said sorry have the car and your job back the story goes McCreadie refused due to a sense of pride.

PSC    pirate
19/08/2013 at 06:44

Morning all,  the house was perfect and we had a great time. First visit to Blenheim for me. Wow!

valis, great PB, awesome!

kate, 4:28 this late in an IM training schedule is a good training run. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Top bombing....

morning peeps. 

19/08/2013 at 08:46

morning all

valis - great PB well doone

PSC - good to hear the house was perfect on yoru return

had an afternoon run yesterday followed by a tough swim session. Just having some breaky before a turbo session (can't get out on the bike because of the kids). I seem to be getting used to sleeping in, this had better stop or it will be a bit of a shock when I go back to work

having a deep tissue massage later that might hurt a bit!

19/08/2013 at 22:05

Valis, cracking time, well done, you must be really pleased. PSC, glad you had a good time away. MC, hope the massage helped. Birky, are you sad now the athletics is over? Hour on the bike followed by an hours run tonight, PW 2 cars, 1 with flashing blue lights.

20/08/2013 at 06:14

Good morning all

8 miles this morning and after last four weeks treading carefully on a couple of unlit roads I run, today I finally had to go out with the headtorch again to be able to see where I was going.

Nw 2 cats.

PSC    pirate
20/08/2013 at 07:03

The evenings are drawing in too. Better get the bike headlamp sorted!

how are your deep tissues Maths?

morning peeps

20/08/2013 at 07:31

Morning all - functional exercises in the garage again, agreed, it is bloomin dark out there now, had my bike lights on last night, was getting dark by 8pm. Track tonight, and maybe a little swim.

10,241 to 10,260 of 13,611 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.