Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,281 to 10,300 of 16,359 messages
02/10/2012 at 17:04

JF - I love The Wire

well, decided not to go to running club, got home a bit shattered and still a bit snotty, don't want the full blown cold to come back. So, an early night and up for a nice long soc tomorrow. We have just got series 4 of Breaking Bad on dvd so will watch that instead of running club tonight

03/10/2012 at 05:56

Emmy, if you want this bug I will happily give it to you! Went to track last night but had to bail out with stomach cramps, so ran 5 miles then walked 2 home feeling miserable, back to bed at 8.30pm and decided not to go out this morning. Maybe an NOC. I saw lots of frogs on my walk last night too JF, maybe it's the latest plague after the zombies earlier this year. Happy hump day.

03/10/2012 at 06:01

Moring Kate

Never managed on yesterday. Net playing up then busy with younger sons 17th Birthday.

NW: 1 owl, 1 KingsmillVan,  3BMWs (Ran past BMW corner), 1 cyclist, 1 cat, 1 fox.

03/10/2012 at 06:33

Sandy: Welcome to our madhouse.

Tommygun2    pirate
03/10/2012 at 06:43

Morning

6 miles run in the drizzly rain

NW 0, OR 4, 1 ninja cyclist

Edited: 03/10/2012 at 06:43
PSC    pirate
03/10/2012 at 07:10

resting here... well more like recovering as I fell off my bike yesterday - slipped over on a tight corner which I suspect had some diesel on it.  Anyway, went down like a sack of spuds and banged my left elbow heavily and road rashed my arm and left leg where I slid a bit!  Ouch.  These things happen I suppose.... the bike is fine and I wasn't run over - those are the main things!

My goodness did it rain last night..... woke me at 3:30 and again an hour later as it was torrential against the side of the house.....very glad to have been in bed.

Morning folks.  Happy birthday to Master Birky.

Edited: 03/10/2012 at 07:11
03/10/2012 at 07:57

morning

PSC - hope you are not too sore after the bike accident

Kate - you are probably better off having a couple of days rest

happy birthday to young birky

I managed 5 miles, very cold wind. Think I am not fully recovered from my lurgy as heart rate  higher than it normally is for the plod that I was doing.

happy hump day

03/10/2012 at 17:11

Me! Just started, I wake up at 5:30 in the morning and leave at about 6:15 am. It's the best time of day to do it I think. I still have time to get ready for school as well, so it works out better in all ways. 

03/10/2012 at 17:15

((Kate)) Get well soon!

03/10/2012 at 18:02

Evening L&G

Ouch PSC, at your pace that would have hurt.

10.5miles today. Tried out some shot bloks recommended by an esteemed triathlete. Nothing really improves my pace but they did taste good.

There have been several  flagrant breaches of my username  copyright recently. I'm considering instigating some penalties....

1st time offender.....10 press ups at the end of each mile

2nd  time........Run with a 5kg weight in a rucksack

3rd time......Hmmmmm it could be very nasty...

Have a good evening folks and enjoy your 5.31am SOCs.........

03/10/2012 at 20:36

Evening all - thanks for the good wishes, back out tonight, 6.5 miles very slow but not walking so an improvement. Managed a client lunch today as well so definitely on the mend. PSC, bicycling is dangerous, which is why you should go nice and slow, bad for training, good for staying upright. 5.30, if you want some advice on nutrition ask the pros here, I think shot bloks may even slow you down as they're so chewy, second only to malt loaf which gives miles of distraction as you pick it out of your teeth. MC, hope you're back on form tomorrow. Craigerrs, welcome along, but don't forget, 5.29am or 5.31am or you'll have copyright infringements issues. Happy birthday master birky. TG, are you into an IM training programme yet, you seem to be out there consistently at the moment. Have a good evening all, and fingers crossed an SOC beckons for me in the morning.

03/10/2012 at 21:14

Evening everyone .  Probably not the best time of day to introduce myself to your thread, as I'd imagine a lot of you will be getting early nights in preparation for an SOC.

But I'd love to make myself cosy here if that's okay?  I've been running since March and completely fallen in love with it.  I joined a club in June and did my first half marathon a few weeks ago.  I'm certainly not very fast but I love it anyway.  I've always run my midweek runs in the evenings, but I'm now at a point where I'm struggling to squeeze everything in.  So it looks as though SOC may be the answer.  I'm up early anyway for work (between 5:31 - 6am) so I'll have to get up really early to fit in a run.......but I see that lots of you manage it so I've been inspired to give it a go.

I won't be doing it everyday, but I'm going to aim for at least one SOC a week to begin with - starting tomorrow .

PSC    pirate
03/10/2012 at 21:57

Tiny welcome....  10pm is bedtime for me!

04/10/2012 at 04:22
Morning L&G

Welcome Tiny.

No SOC today and nothing now until Sunday's run. Finally, got the grip of hula-hooping last night. Kept it going for 10 mins. Missus keeps telling me it's good for the core, whatever that is. No it's not something I'll demonstrate in front of friends or in public!
04/10/2012 at 04:34
Oh and it was with a "weighted" hoop not one of those kiddie ones. Probably not available in Sports Direct....
04/10/2012 at 05:43

Mrning you lot

Morning 5:30 all the best for Sunday.

Tiny: Welcome

5M fartlek done. Cold when out  so wore gloves for 1st time this autumn.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Morrisons Van, 2 llamas,4 horses, 1 KingsmillVvan,1 cyclist, 1 person posting a letter, PW: 1 car.

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 05:43
04/10/2012 at 06:03

Craigerrs: Welcome to the madhouse . Good to have you on board.

PSC    pirate
04/10/2012 at 07:39

I would never have thought of hoola hooping as training, but hey, why not!

75 mins run this morning.  Only needed my torch once as I was running around a blind bend and could hear a car coming.  Still enough moon to see the road.  My hip was a bit stiff after my bump 2 days ago, but otherwise it was a nice steady plod.

Still warm down here.... no need for gloves just yet

Have fun folks.....

GOOD MORNING

04/10/2012 at 07:52

morning all

welcome timy - hope you managed to get out. I have to be back from my run by 6am to get ready for work, so often get up around 4am, 4:30 if I am lying in for my runs!

felt more back to normal today and 6.5 miles. Chilly but not gloves weather yet - I had better find them though ready for when I need them.

have a great day everyone

04/10/2012 at 07:53
Thanks! Just back from a run, seems a lot shorter than all of yours. 2.56 miles, Isn't too bad considering I've only started long distance runs! Although I'm having problems with stitches.
10,281 to 10,300 of 16,359 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.