Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,381 to 10,400 of 16,787 messages
09/10/2012 at 05:02

Good morning all

50 meters run this morning 5 minutes before leaving a pain in my back and then chest jolted me in to thinking that an old problem has decided to rear its ugly head. despite my fears I thought that I would still go. after 50 meters every breath hurt.

Now sitting here and the pain has increased somewhat and I believe at best I won't be going to work today and will getting a chest x-ray and some strong pain killers to mix at my discretion or I do not want to think about or.

So i will catch up with you all later

Good race report 5.30 enjoyed it very much and well done Emmy on your half

09/10/2012 at 07:51

morning all

valis - should you be calling an ambulance? Hope you are ok.

turno for me this morning, nice 40 minute session followed by some stretching

09/10/2012 at 08:02

Morning all.  Valis hope all is well, not sure what your old problem is but hope you can get it looked at quickly.

NOC for me last night with a late but leisurely 5 miler on my treadmill, + another episode of series 3 of The Wire.  Rest day today.

09/10/2012 at 09:20

Morning all,

Up at 6 to walk the dog, then a nice gentle jog into work for about 30 minutes, detour planned for the way home tonight which will be a steady run of about 40 minutes.

09/10/2012 at 09:42

I've been trying to go for a run this past few weeks before work and struggled to get out of bed and ended up avoiding going for the run altogether.  It has me wondering if I need to go to bed earlier.

So what time do you all go to bed at and what time to you go for your run at?

09/10/2012 at 10:09

pablo - I go to bed about 10 and get up around 4/4:30 depends how long I intend to run for.

09/10/2012 at 10:23

i go to bed at 11pm and get up at 6am most days, usually out runing by 7am after the dog walk. it helps to get out early as i have a young family and can spend more time at home with them in the evenings.

09/10/2012 at 11:00

Pablo, keep at it, it is worth it in the end. I go to bed any time between 10 and 11:30 and am up and out around 5am.

If you find it hard getting up, try going to bed half an hour earlier for a couple of nights and see if that helps. I di have the advantage of starting my SOC's in the summer so the first few times it was already light. Getting up and out in the dark does take some getting used to!

09/10/2012 at 12:02

pablo - you just have to get into a routine really, get your stuff ready the night before and as soon as the alarm goes get up and out before you have time to think about it.Once you are in the routine it is easy

09/10/2012 at 12:57

Yeah, I went to bed last night at 10pm and the alarm was set for 6.30am.  I sort of woke up around 4 or 5 and it feels like I dozed a bit.  When I know I need to get up early, I seem to struggle to sleep fully through until the alarm.  But then when it came to 6.30am I was just so tired and sleepy I stayed in bed.

Am wondering do I need to go to bed even earlier! 

09/10/2012 at 14:20

Pablo, nope you just need to be determined when that alarm goes off, don't snooze it, just roll out of bed and go get ready.

09/10/2012 at 19:37

Evening

Had a longer lie yesterday and couldn't get on 'net this morning. Need to catch up, It'sbeen cold the last 2 mornings up here.

10/10/2012 at 05:58

Morning and a cold one again up here.

Hat and gloves on. Clear sky too

NW:1 Owl, 1 fox, 1 cyclist, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 horses. lots of stars in sky

PW: 1 car.

Edited: 10/10/2012 at 05:59
10/10/2012 at 07:21

Morning all - 5 miles on tired post track legs, 2 x NX and 1 X PW, quite mild here but the gloves still stayed on as I was moving so slowly. Valis, I hope you are feeling a lot better this morning, sounds very nasty. Pablo, hope you made it up and out. Happy hump day to you all.

PSC    pirate
10/10/2012 at 07:41

Valis - hope you are OK...?

Morning to the newbie SOC'ers.  You've just got to JFDI..  Get your stuff ready and put the alarm beyond arms reach.  Once you are out you will love it... it's the getting out the door bit that is a bit daunting.  I don't even stop to pee - plenty of countryside to do that once you are out and awake!  And take a small drink with you so that's another job you don't need to do to delay you inside your nice warm heated house!

My ankle is tight, I wonder if my shoes are about all done in....?

Morning to the regular nutters Happy hump day indeed.

(and to the earlier question... I will be back in the pool regularly, well at least weekly, and I don't particularly enjoy it as it's so dull tramping up and down a lane)!

10/10/2012 at 07:51

morning all

good club session last night, although when I got back to my car I discovered my legs were covered with blood - I thought I had felt my shorts rubbing a bit, but have never had chafing so bad that it has made me bleed. No-one in the club had said anything so I hope it was just too dark and they hadn't noticed rather than thinking they were being discrete by not saying anything and that it was a women's problem

anyway, for some reason couldn't sleep last night so didn't run this morning, shame as it is a lovely morning and not too cold. Got to go to a parents evening tongiht, yawn. Maybe that will help me drop off!

Tommygun2    pirate
10/10/2012 at 08:49

Morning

Back to SOC and it felt good, nice clear skies so all the stars were really clear. Bit chilly but stil in t-shirt and shorts, no gloves yet

NW 1 x fox 2 x cats

OR x 2

Been swimming loads well twice this week so loads for me...

keep forgetting that beachy is only a couple of weeks away, been thinking that i might do the portsmouth coastal marathon on the 23rd december. anyone done this one ??

10/10/2012 at 08:54

I have Tommy, I think I'll do it this year as well, it's a bit bleak, and an out and back, but friendly and they can't stop giving you gels and jelly babies, good pre Christmas session!

Tommygun2    pirate
10/10/2012 at 08:57

Hi kateF it looks reasonably flat in fact it looks very flat. I guess if the wearther is fair it not to bad bad but on a stormy day it looks a bit exposed. oh well i might just enter it anyway. My mum live in fareham so coud be a good excuse to vist just before crimbo...

10/10/2012 at 09:42

Morning L&G

Tommy, I did the half back in February and it's well organised and sooo flat. It's a bit urban meets the sea. Not my favourite which is a shame as it's only a few miles down the road. I'll be missing the full, as I'll be on holiday somewhere hot. I even checked if there was a run I could enter during the holiday. There isn't!

At least it saves me from getting humiliated by Kate again....

10,381 to 10,400 of 16,787 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.