Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,421 to 10,440 of 13,606 messages
16/09/2013 at 08:08

morning

had trouble getting on the forum this morning!

well done Chris

4.5 miles this morning, lovely clear starry skies when I headed out, but it started raining just as I got back home

16/09/2013 at 09:08

Morning

Clear skies but chilly out this morning. Would have been a nice day for the triathlon!

16/09/2013 at 11:25

Good Morning L&G

#20 Farnham Pilgrims Marathon

Well what a load of old bollocks that was.

Met the affable and friendly Valis before kick-off. Obviously, it was going to be the last time I would see him. Everything ached before the race. What was I doing there. Appeals before the race for KateF, but not a whimper.

It was a gloriously crap race. I tend to hoard them. 1/2 hour slower than last years inadequate time.  Started slow and went slower. No real pain, just aches. Reached the finish before the real hard rain came down.

I don't think I had recovered from the Bacchus marathon last weekend, or even the Thames Meander before that.

I'll be at the New Forest marathon next Sunday. What a way to spend a birthday....

20 down 80 to go. Plenty of new levels of stupidity and ineptness to come I think...

PSC    pirate
16/09/2013 at 13:09

5:30... still, it's another finish!  Look on the bright side.

Valis, not so far off your time 2 years ago - good run!

Chris, racing again... impressive stuff.

Me - gardening!    Great form of stretching I've found.  On hols so packing in all of those silly jobs that don't normally get done!  That's why I haven't been on here - too shattered! LOL.

Son and heir into uni in 1 week!  Eek.  Beans on toast for another 4 years...

16/09/2013 at 21:21

5.30, did you not prepare with the requisite amount of ice cream? Well done on the tri Chris. PSC, nice cross training. Swim tonight with some fast sets (I say fast, arm flailing) then a spin class, sweated so much I was wet enough to still be swimming.

17/09/2013 at 07:11

Morning all - functional training in the garage this morning, track tonight. My car is saying 7 degrees. Birky, as I sank ankle deep in mud on Sunday as I stepped in what looked like an innocuous piece of path I was thinking the same thing about the roads.

17/09/2013 at 07:24

Morning all. My god I really need to start running in a morning. You lot sound nuts lol

Went to bed with all intentions of running this morning, and told SWMBO to wake me up when she gets up at 5:45 (I wanted to wake at 5:30 TBH). But as usually, she sneaks out of bed, and comes back around 5:55 with a nice big brew and flicks the TV on.

Where's the incentive to get out running when someone does that

17/09/2013 at 07:26

Oh, where abouts in the country are some of you running. Once I eventually start, I shall keep an eye out. Unlikely to see anyone though. In the 18months I've been out, I've only come across a handful of runners (maybe 5), excluding the running club I spotted around 16months ago, which I later joined

17/09/2013 at 08:20

Morning..

Yes, it's definitely getting cooler in the mornings, 8 degrees here.

Very quiet out on the common, just one dog walker in the distancer and a few crows.

RS, I run on the paths and trails around Farnham, mostly on the National Trust land at Frensham Common and the military training land at Hankley Common

17/09/2013 at 10:35

I've entered the Devil Run at Hindhead next weekend. 15k off road race at the Devil's Punchbowl. Looks good. Anyone else fancy it? Devil Run

17/09/2013 at 10:47

I'm thinking of doing the Bolsover 10k again this year. I ran it last year with a slight injury to my knee. Managed a 1:05~ by running, bit of walking, running again lol

PSC    pirate
17/09/2013 at 11:08

Chris, I would love to, but still on the bench.  Although I am already looking at the LDWA Punchbowl mara next year

RS, you've just got to ignore the telly and go for it.  I'm naturally an early bird so dawn running/training isn't so tough - sadly injury is keeping me in though.

LOL at your arm flailing Kate.  I seem to have 2 speeds.  Pool and OW.  They are clearly different, but both more diesel engine than turbo petrol!  If I increase the cadence of my arms my pace drops off!  Tantric swimmer, that's me!  Long and slow.

Morning peeps - I'm on leave and working!  WTF.  Mind you the alternative was the ironing.  ;)

17/09/2013 at 11:14

PSC: I know what you mean. I said yesterday evening that I need to be "up & out". No messing around otherwise I won't do it. Really must force myself to start running in a morning.

17/09/2013 at 11:57

RS, if your missus watches the same drivel as mine does in the morning you'd be up and out no problems mate!

I'm in Wales and its absolutely soaking at the minute (nothing like the sunny adventure race video you posted a few days ago Chris - thats either a very patient camera crew or some serious photoshopping!)

Nagging achilles keeping me from early mornings at the minute - though it does seem to loosen off enough to run after work

17/09/2013 at 12:01

BBC Breakfast..... Yawn! Although Susanna Reid is quiet pleasant on the eye in a morning lol.

17/09/2013 at 18:05

erm, evening all

work stopped me from posting this morning! Anyway, didn't do anything this morning and seeing as they physio has just done ultrasound and a bit of massage I think I better not do anything now! Anyway, she reckons I am starting to get to grips with it and has given me loads of work to strengthen quads and hamstrings

17/09/2013 at 18:14

me! Its the only guaranteed time - no other work/family committments.  No noise, cars, people, just me and my running shoes... and sometimes, my dog!

17/09/2013 at 18:14

RS - I am in Notts. Quite fancy the Bolsover 10k - what is it like in terms of organisation, parking etc? 

17/09/2013 at 18:30

Get there early for good parking. We parked at the old council offices last year. E running club I'm with organise it. Well marshalled and also have people guiding traffic for parking etc. 

The police also help well. 

Oh, I noticed today that it's a new route this year. 

All in all, well worth the run

17/09/2013 at 18:53

will have to check diary dates as it is close to xmas, but reckon I will give it a go! Hopefully I will be up to 10k by then!

10,421 to 10,440 of 13,606 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.