Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,461 to 10,480 of 16,530 messages
15/10/2012 at 07:44

Morning all - NOC for me today, chilly commute though, winter has arrived.

15/10/2012 at 07:49

morning

rest day for me too

15/10/2012 at 08:17

Morning all, NOC for me today as well, assuming the day goes as planned and I get home tonight

Tommygun2    pirate
15/10/2012 at 09:02

Morning

No SOC for me either, I'll run at NOC

15/10/2012 at 09:51

Morning all.

Many Congratulations for yesterday Birky.

Got out for 8.5 miles at 7am on Saturday morning. A bit nippy to start with but lovely and fresh, clear skies and just the slightest of breezes. Saw a couple of dog walkers and that was about it.

Hope to be going out again for an SOC tomorrow morning.

Beachy seems to be coming up very quickly now. Just hope I have done enough to finish it. Nerves and lots of doubts starting to creep in - not sure it was the best choice for my first marathon! Well it's too late now. If anyone doing Beachy (runners or marshalls) sees a lonely and nervous looking runer in a Royal Marsden running top please say hello as it will probably be me.

15/10/2012 at 12:43

Epic fail this am.  Set the alarm for 6.15am, it went off, I could barely open my eyes and I just said "F*** off" to the alarm, switched it off and went back to sleep

15/10/2012 at 20:33

Evening you lot

CR: Cheers mate.

pablo: We've all been there re alarm

16/10/2012 at 06:13

Morning you lot

5M Steady in pouring rain and it was cold.

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 1 cyclist, 1 dog. PW: 1 car, 1 German tourist coach.

16/10/2012 at 06:18

Morning birky - hope you're drying out. Slightly later session for me this morning at 8am as I'm seeing my man for some coaching again.

16/10/2012 at 06:20

Morning Kate: Yeah I'm drying out. Enjoy your session later. Hope its drier down where you are !

PSC    pirate
16/10/2012 at 07:04

morning team...

I'm being a bit idle here today; had a sports massage last night so good to have an extra day off!  Might do something later.  Racing at the weekend (duathlon) so s'pose I'm tapering.

Have fun peeps.

Tommygun2    pirate
16/10/2012 at 07:08

No run again this morning, didn't feel well last night and though I was comming down with cold again but I feel ok now so a good nights sleep was what I needed.

Laters

16/10/2012 at 07:50

morning all

no soc for me either as I felt like I needed more sleep. Don't think I'll make it to running club tonight as it is parents evening for the youngest, but hopefully I'll have time to sneak out for a little run

16/10/2012 at 07:58

Morning all, NOC for me last night, so late when I got home I just used the treadmill for a 5.7 miler, one episode of The Wire in terms of time.  Rest day today or perhaps row a few km this evening, SOC tomorrow morn.

Germans still in town Birky?  Dry and warm again today down here.

16/10/2012 at 09:43

TG2: hope you are feeling better soon.

PSC: good luck for the weekend.

I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a pair of trail shoes (Adidas Kanadia TR 4) for Beachy (hope i haven't left it too late). Went to try them out last night - on the local leisure centre's old cinder running track. Found them to be very comfortable.

Out by 5:15 for a quick 5.5 miles this morning in the trail shoes which still feel very comfortable. A bit nippy to start off but quickly warmed up and felt I could have gone a lot further  but had to get back and get ready for work.

Will have a quiet day tomorrow - no running but probably something in the gym at lunchtime and another SOC on Thursday.

16/10/2012 at 13:38

It's turned into a nice day here, enjoyed getting shouted at to run up some hills this morning, same at track later but on the flat I hope. Spotted this event if any of you Kent people fancy it or know anything about the route? http://www.copsecroydon.co.uk/copse2007/gatliffmarathon.php

16/10/2012 at 15:57

I didn't get out today again, Set the alarm for 7, instead of 5. But it's set for tomorrow and I'm going tonight to try make up for not going today! 

Tommygun2    pirate
16/10/2012 at 16:37
KateF wrote (see)

It's turned into a nice day here, enjoyed getting shouted at to run up some hills this morning, same at track later but on the flat I hope. Spotted this event if any of you Kent people fancy it or know anything about the route? http://www.copsecroydon.co.uk/copse2007/gatliffmarathon.php

Hi KateF thats just up the road from me, I cycle around that area alot. Its quite hilly with some steep bits up to the greensands ridge. But it very nice countryside and looks like a good route. I might even do this one myself.  

Edited: 16/10/2012 at 16:38
16/10/2012 at 16:44

wow you guys with your 5am runs! Seriously in awe. I consider myself committed because I'm running my 5mi commute to work, leaving at 7:30am. At 5am I'm still hoverboarding around with Monica Belluci and space giraffes.

I need a solid 8 hours sleep to feel properly human, so I'd either have to go without or be asleep by 9pm. I guess Roy Castle was right; dedication IS what you need!

17/10/2012 at 06:11

Morning you lot

4.5M Steady. Cold, dry, no wind. Okay run.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Morrisons Van, 2 cyclists (at different parts of run) 1 horse PW : 1 car. 3 For Sale House Signs.

AgentGinger: Good to have you with us.

JF: Yeah there's  ahotel I run past thats popular with tourists. Never noticed German bus there today

10,461 to 10,480 of 16,530 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.