Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,521 to 10,540 of 13,611 messages
30/09/2013 at 07:56

Kate - when are you heading off to Barcelona?

nice 4 miles this morning, very warm, upped the runnning sections to 5 mins - building up slowly

30/09/2013 at 09:20

Morning - 3 miles for me, spin and swim tonight. It's a short visit out there MC, Friday to Monday.

30/09/2013 at 23:13

4 miles this morning and another 5.5 this afternoon. I'm hopelessly behind in my training for Snowdonia Marathon in 4 weeks time (due to concentrating on Triathlons)  so will have to increase my mileage dramatically in the days ahead. Just hope I can avoid over-use injuries.

Had a bit of fun on this afternoon's run by strapping my garmin to Rusty's dog collar. He ran 6.5 miles to my 5.5 and had a max speed of 3.25 minute/mile! 

Edited: 30/09/2013 at 23:14
01/10/2013 at 05:55

Morning all - functional training done, hot yoga next and track tonight. Chris, I know Snowdonia is going to be hilly, but is it all a gradual incline or a few short, sharp shocks? Can I strap my timing chip to Rusty? Has the laptop had a mysterious incident yet MC?

PSC    pirate
01/10/2013 at 06:28
5 runs last week. All short and sensibly paced, but it was nice to be out there, running. We were in Corfu hence the heat; 33 degrees was our hottest day. Albeit very end of season, we had a fabulous time. I now dread going into the office after 2 weeks off.

Morning all, I saw that nobody is resting on their laurels.
01/10/2013 at 06:30

Good morning all

8 miles this morning.

Nw 2 cats Lost 1 driver gave directions to the studios,

Been a busy week rushing to job agency and then two days later to an inteview, Got the job. They wanted immediate start but my boss wants me to work out my noticeas they a a rival company and because he got the arse as I turned down his two offers of more money. Last night at home  got a call from my new Md to assure me they are prepared to wait and wanted my address to send me a contract to sign. Anyone would think I am a mover and shaker but no just a warehouse manger.

Birky.A small win for Gers at the weekend.

Psc, Good to see your back running.

Chris, You'll be able to see were he gets to when he disappears off in to the undergrowth. was that were his extra mile came from or just running ahead of you then back again.

Kate, in case I don't get back on in the next couple of days all the best for the weekend. Has the race got live tracking?.

Maths,I'm building my new computer (slowly buying the bits) at the moment. I would advise buying a external hard drive to back up as PSC suggested. It's always handy in the future with a new  computer to have everything stored on a separate drive in case the worst happens.

01/10/2013 at 07:50

Valis, a man in demand! There is live tracking for my snails pace progress. PSC, 33 degrees, lovely, glad the running is back on track, more than 1 week off does mean it's hard going coming back.

01/10/2013 at 07:51

morning all

On strike today so I haven't done an early morning anything. Mind you, I need to decide whether today is going to be a rest day or tomorrow! My hip feels like it needs a good foam roller session so will do that once I have taken youngest to school - his school is open, wonder if his teachers are in a different union or have decided not to stike.

Valis - congratulations on the new job.

PSC - never been to Corfu but it looks nice in pictures

OH has done something to the laptop and it is now working much better than before and hasn't crashed once. I might follow the backing up on external hard drive advice though as there is loads of stuff saved on this laptop.

Kate - shame you haven't got more time to spend in Barcelona, it is a great city

01/10/2013 at 10:44

Thats a cracking idea with the garmin/dog collar Chris, I'm onto that if I can rig my phone to a dog. 4 miles yesterday - just horses and birds on view. Hopefully new shoes tonight, so shal be taking those for a spin if its not pitch black.

02/10/2013 at 05:54

Good morning all

6 miles this morning warm and raining here.

02/10/2013 at 07:00

Morning all - hard track session last night so have been sensible this morning and done nothing, spin and swim tonight. Raining here too, the M25 was a delight as always. MC, agreed, Barcelona is great, we're about 50KM north so hopefully a much cleaner sea.

PSC    pirate
02/10/2013 at 07:21

still dry here.... and muggy too.  Just back in from a 3 miler and feeling surprisingly warm although the outside temp is only showing 12 degrees.

Nike Free report.... oddly, as I am now back onto familiar tarmac my old pace and running style woke up with me this morning.  It was only as I turned out of our lane onto the first long stretch that I realised I was not running very well and had to slow down and recalibrate everything.  My left shin is feeling a bit bashed and my ankles are tight generally, but otherwise I am not suffering with the catastrophic calf and achillies problems that you are meant to get by switching to more minimal shoes.  I do think that sometimes we are suckered in by the advertising/marketing guff that we see.

Whippets - sounds like you need a good torch.  Daylight/no daylight should not deter a SOC runner.

Kate, shouldn't you be tapering?  (hashtagjustsaying)

Well I had better run off to the shower.. toodle pip folks, have a good one.

02/10/2013 at 07:23

PSC, I am, no run this morning!

PSC    pirate
02/10/2013 at 07:28

lol.... no more hard sessions then, you are only 4 days out.  You need to recoil that spring and be fresh and raring to go on race day.  

02/10/2013 at 07:29

I am recoiling!!

02/10/2013 at 08:01

morning

warm and rainy here too - the drive to work was awful

still feeling a bit under the weather so nothing this morning, shame because it is the kind of rain I enjoy running in

Kate - I'll have to check out the bike course route, I know the area pretty well

02/10/2013 at 08:03
02/10/2013 at 10:02

Morning all

grey old morning here but still quite mild. Had a nice ow swim last night but it was dark by the time we'd finished. Spotted 3 other swimmers  who I'm guessing were from Farnham Tri Club. And a creepy guy in a van drove past slowly as we were getting changed in the car park and took photos of us! Maybe he was a a disgruntled fisherman collecting evidence to show that unautherised swimming is taking place in the lake. 

Kate - looks like a nice flat bike course and great that you'll be next to the sea. Re Snowdonia Marathon - the hills are mostly gradual apart from the slog over the pass at 22 miles which is quite steep and not many people run up it. For me the worst part of the run is a long climb out of Beddgelert at 12/13 miles - it seems to go on forever!

02/10/2013 at 10:19

PSC - Yep good torch is next on the list. I've just switched out of Nike Free's by the way, never had any issues with my calves etc that I can put down to the shoes, (OK I've some achillies niggles, but that I think is down to the hilly terrain around where I live and was there years ago when I ran in chunky asics) I dabble with a bit of barefoot when the weather/surface allows - just as a check to try and keep my form light as I've a dodgy knee, and purchasing the Free's was a progression from that really. All in all I found them a great shoe - only thing I found is that they wear pretty soon, not so much the sole grip but the cushioning seems pretty shot on mine.

Lashing down in Wales, but warm enough

02/10/2013 at 16:57

Kate - very flat bike course! Shame considering all the beautiful mountains round there really. 

10,521 to 10,540 of 13,611 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.