Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,581 to 10,600 of 16,338 messages
25/10/2012 at 07:15

Oh PSC I am painting the wrong picture, a day of dull awaits!

PSC    pirate
25/10/2012 at 07:20

LOL.....  

25/10/2012 at 08:29

morning

4 slow miles this morning, niggly but not painful, although was getting there towards the end

PSC - thanks for the stretch, I'll do that one in the gym later. The physio did show me 3 stretches, she said they difficult thing is that you can't actually feel the stretch like when you stretch a muscle. Anyway, possibly the easiest one is lying on a sofa on your side, bend bottom leg slightly and let top leg hang over the side. Stay like that for 5 mins then swap sides. One is a bit of a yoga move, which seems to require slightly more balance than I could manage when I got back from my run.

Kate - have fun

25/10/2012 at 09:21

Morning all.

Last run before Beachy done. Nice gentle 5 miles in light drizzle - no-one else around at all his morning. I think the plan for today and tomorrow is early nights and lots of pasta!

Maths: hope your ITB settles down soon.

Tommy: Guess I may see you on Saturday then?

Tommygun2    pirate
25/10/2012 at 09:27

Hi Celtic You may see me there, as the weather is due to turn cold I may have to review what top I will wear. I'll let you know on Friday night. I seem to have bit of a snotty cold at the moment but should still be good to go on Saturday. I try not to over do the pasta thing the day before a marathon as I find it can make me feel heavy and lathargic. I tend to have a pasta lunch and then a pizza in the evening, porridge for breakfast of the morning of the race, but each to thier own.

25/10/2012 at 09:27
I played it safe this morning and just went for a long walk. It didn't hurt at all, so I'm deffo running tomorrow!
25/10/2012 at 20:36

Evening and the griters were out on the roads here when I walked Geordie about an hour ago.

25/10/2012 at 23:11

gritters

forecast here for tomorrow is pretty cold - time to get the tights and long sleeves out then

26/10/2012 at 05:48

Morning you lot

Cold one up here. Gloves and hat on when out. Brrr

4 Easy Miles. legs stiff today.

NW: 1 owl, 2 rabbits, 2 horses, 1 cat 1 Kingsmill Van, 1  ' Boy Racer  type driver giving it lots of revs...

PSC    pirate
26/10/2012 at 06:25
Morning gang! Going in early today so I can go to Skyfall tonight. Can't wait.
26/10/2012 at 08:14
I finally ran Well, I did 100m & long jump a lot this morning, I'm joining an athletic club next week so I'm trying to polish of my events.
26/10/2012 at 08:49

Morning all, cooler here this morning so did go for the long sleeve tshirt and gloves.  9 miles in total, about 5 along the trail which was so easy today with no fog and then added a bit round town.  Apart from annoying an owl who hooted his annoyance didn't see a thing along the trail.  Four other runners round town and two dog walkers. PSC what is Skyfall?  Good luck at Beachy over the weekend guys, anyone else got a race?

Who has seen the Sweatshop catalogue in this month's Runners World.  There is a head torch in there for £160.  You could get a set of headlights for less surely!

26/10/2012 at 09:05

Morning all

Couple of days rest Hopefully I will do park run tomorrow although at a very slow pace.

Good luck to Tommy and Celtic Runner for Beachy

Kate, Good luck, sure your doing something this weekend although I can't remember what.

Jf50, Skyfall = 007

26/10/2012 at 09:24

morning all

had a bit of a late night as I went to the pub after the tri club swim. We did a 400m time trial (after about 45 minutes other swimming) and I was faster than last time so happy, however, struggled to get up this morning (and I don't drink so not due to alcohol) - how come I feel more tired at the end of half term than at the beginning??

PSC - enjoy Skyfall, not my kind of thing though

good luck to those at Beachy Head this weekend, and to Chris at Snowdon (although he hasn't posted here for a while)

I will do some stretches etc and have a run at some point later in the day

26/10/2012 at 11:00
valisgonzozen wrote (see)

Jf50, Skyfall = 007

Doh, I thought it was a race I hadn't heard of

26/10/2012 at 12:13

Ps. Does anyone know how to get more flexible? I can't touch my toes, I can just about touch under my knees. It's very embarrassing stretching  in public when I look stupid.

26/10/2012 at 16:29

why would you want to touch your toes?

tried running and it was painful so walked back. Very cold out there

26/10/2012 at 16:37
To be more flexible and be better at streatching, I can't stretch anything really in my back because touching your toes is the main one.
26/10/2012 at 16:39

I think touching toes is not a recommended stretch as it can hurt and cause damage. Not sure where I read that. There are better stretches to do. Don't think I would be very good explaining them on here, I'll try to find some on the internet to link to...

26/10/2012 at 16:41
10,581 to 10,600 of 16,338 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.