Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,861 to 10,880 of 15,577 messages
18/11/2012 at 22:59

Evening all, 10k running this morning followed by two hours spent planting a beech hedge and then a couple of hours walking around Frensham Pond with Rusty. 

Everyone and their dog seemed to be out today (including lots of people with dogs) -  NW horses, dogs, swans, ducks, cyclists, other runners and squaddies. 

19/11/2012 at 06:03

Morning from a very wet West of Scotland.

Pouring down, soaked.

nw: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van,1 Morrisons Van, Lots of blue recycle  bin bags

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 06:03
PSC    pirate
19/11/2012 at 06:22
Cold and dry here. Well that's the forecast anyway. I wouldn't actually know as I haven't been outside yet! Rest day.

Morning peeps.
19/11/2012 at 06:42

Morning psc.Certainly not dry here. Enjoy your rest day.

19/11/2012 at 08:20
Does 6:40am count as silly o'clock? If so I did my first SOC run this morning! 3.4 miles, nothing more exciting than cats dogs and birds on the nature front. Felt great running as the sun came up though. Hope to make it a regular thing over winter...
19/11/2012 at 08:33

I've been a very poor SOCer lately although did gt up at 7am Sat and Sun for parkrun and early morning swim. Does that count as it was the weekend? I agree with nottsgriff that running when the sun comes up is great. Gets me out of bed if I  know the sunrise is going to be a good one so a bit of a weather geek.

19/11/2012 at 08:36

morning all

rest day, not that I have a lot to rest from, but I am still going to have one

nottsgriff and becky - welcome

physio again later, housework needs to be done though. Going back to work this week - hopefully my knee will cope with me standing/pacing around the classroom the 6 hours a day again. Not back till Thursday though

19/11/2012 at 08:55

Morning all, NOC day for me today.  Finished the week yesterday with a 14 miler in bright, sunny but frosty conditions.  It still was when I finished and it still is this morning, though I can see clouds starting to cover the sky now.  Lots of other runners out yesterday.

Welcome nottsgriff and becky.  Have a good week all.

19/11/2012 at 09:18

I'm an early morning runner: by 4:30am I'm usually out and putting in the miles but today was different - I'm guessing the winter blues is setting in because even though I woke up on time this morning I couldn't for the life of me drag myself out of bed to run. OMG! Now I owe 3 miles!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone.

19/11/2012 at 11:58

Morning all - SOC yoga, then a coached session, tonight NOC gym, spin and run, day off today so I am making the most of it. Becky and NR, you still qualify, the weekends are allowed to be later, and as long as normal people consider it to be a stupid o clock time to me out it counts in my book. Rusty seems to be settling in well Chris, any deer legs yet? Birky, keep the rain up there, lovely morning again here. Good luck at the physio MC.

20/11/2012 at 05:40

Good morning all

6 miles this very wet and windy morning. A pity it was so cloudy as I missed the chance to see the International.Space Station go over head.

Nw 2 cats and 1 mouse lucky for the mouse not all in the same place.

My mothers 75th birthday today well more like a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

Third party have sent me a cheque for my bike( write off) they are not being clear what the amount is for exactly, so before cashing and running out to get a new one my insurers and I are going to ask for a bit more clarification.

Welcome to the mad house Ini,Notts,Becky.

Birky, A big one tonight but I'll be on birthday dutiesso might miss it.

20/11/2012 at 05:56

Morning, dry here today

Welcome to nottsgriff and Becky

valis: it sure is mate. Booked my place in front of TV Happy Birthday to your mum

NW: 1 owl, 2 llamas, 2 cats, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Morrisons Van

20/11/2012 at 05:57

Welcome Ini too, missed you out.

Tommygun2    pirate
20/11/2012 at 06:28

Morning

Part two of the come back

4 miles in the wind and rain this morning, but it is very mild out.

NW 1 fox.

After last weeks one and only run,( I was ill the rest of the week), I am deterined to get back on the road to full fitness by the end of the month.

20/11/2012 at 06:34

Morning Tommy: All the best with your comeback.

PSC    pirate
20/11/2012 at 06:45
Good one TG. Morning Team.

Welcome indeed to the mad house Ini, Notts, Becky.

Chris, I agree, it sounds as if Rusty and you have clicked. Does that apply to the whole family?

Not sleeping very well so had a lay in. Will run later..... All being well.

Valis, that's quick for a payout. Lets hope it's an interim payment and there is more to come.
20/11/2012 at 06:47

morning

happy birthday to your mum valis

well, physio told me to go for a fast walk yesterday, so I did, 2.4 miles covered in just over 30 mins almost as fast as my slow run pace

will be biking (inside) and swimming today

20/11/2012 at 06:51

Morning psc and maths

Maths: Thats good fast walking

PSC    pirate
20/11/2012 at 06:54
Morning Birky.

Well done Maths. Sounds like progress. Don't rush at the return though for fear of a relapse. Take it easy.
20/11/2012 at 06:55

PSC - I am going to do what the physio says religiously

10,861 to 10,880 of 15,577 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.