Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,861 to 10,880 of 13,606 messages
22/11/2013 at 10:27

morning all

Kate - how are you finding the T25? I am wondering whether it is worth splashing the money out on it. Would it be weird to ask for it for xmas?

nothing this morning because I needed to sleep! Running on the track at school again at the end of the day though

23/11/2013 at 08:04

morning

no spinning or swimming today as I have to take my son's trumpet to be fixed.... mind you I feel really tired and yesterday OH said I looked like an extra from The Walking Dead so maybe just as well to take it easy, if lugging a trumpet around Nottingham counts as taking it easy

23/11/2013 at 12:03

Morning all - T25, 6 mile run and 2 spin classes so far today. No trumpets though.

PSC    pirate
23/11/2013 at 12:10

no trumpets here either, although I think a little fanfare would be in order as I've spent the last 4 hours preparing the garden for winter.  Leaves in, chopped up a pallet for kindling, garden furniture wrapped up in a waterproof(ish) cover, etc.  Rather pleased with myself!  I've even found some nuts for the birds which are now hanging outside the shed.  

Despite the air temperature being only 4 degrees it feels a lot warmer in the sun.

Kate, at this rate you will be qualifying for Kona next year.  Is there a plan you are working to, or have you just got the bug good and proper?

Birky - way too early for Christmas trees - what are they thinking?  I chuckled yesterday when the DJ on the radio announced that Christmas songs are still banned from the on-air play list.  Thank heavens for that!!

Morning everyone, or is it afternoon.... Off to see the second Hunger Games film later. Whoop whoop.

23/11/2013 at 13:07

Good morning /midday to all 

18 miles this morning including Park run. One of my nephews is having his 21st birthday party tonight so I might not be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning to do my lsr,so got a few extra in today.

Maths, How did he break it and what did he break as I wouldn't of thought there was much to break on a trumpet.

Psc The nuts or the birds, boom boom. Waiting for the first one to come on to sky ,have a good time.

Kate,  Reading your list of today's exercise  despite my own efforts, makes me feel proper lazy and question myself as to whether I am becoming a couch potato. I don't know how you do it but well done.

Birky,Hopefully I watch the game today but it's a late start and a party to get to, oh well he does support Arsenal so I guess we'll leave for the party once the game is over.

23/11/2013 at 14:07

well, he has admitted that he dropped the trumpet! The first valve was stuck and in the shop they said that the valve slide was also stuck and that it was obviously caused by a bump (he didn't admit to the dropping till we got back from the repairers). They have done what they can for now but it isn't perfect - if it keeps sticking then we have to go back and have a more expensive fix where they use a very fine polish on the inside of the valve. They haven't charged us for what they did this morning though which is good of them

Kate - a kona slot would be amazing, I think you should target that!

23/11/2013 at 15:47

Yes, a Kona slot would be amazing, but I need to wait until I get into the 80-85 age category based on current performance!

23/11/2013 at 18:28

Evening

10k this morning. Sunny but cold. NW 4 dog walkers + 1 dog runner (who proved the theory that people look like their dogs - the resemblance was amazing!), 12 army cadets running( + 2 NCOs shouting at them), 1 squirrel, no trumpets.

Swim at Frensham this afternoon. NW 2 herons (or it could have been the same one seen twice), 2 swans, dozens of little sailing boats going round in random looking loops, 2 dory's, 2 frozen hands, 2 frozen feet, 1 frozen face! 1 nice sunset and red sky, no trumpets!

Nice hot bath and mug of cocoa to warm up afterwards.

PSC - well done with your garden chores - I must get some leaf sweeping done tomorrow.

24/11/2013 at 08:52

morning!

another day off for me to try and get over this fatigue I have. 

Chris - must be freezing when you get out of the water - I imagine the water might be warmer than the air at the moment though

PSC - well done on the chores, which I could get some housework done or get any of the other 3 people living in the house to do them!

son is at a rehearsal all day which should test out whether the trumpet is ok or whether it needs to go back to the repairers! 

24/11/2013 at 13:39

Afternoon - 12 miles on the North Downs this morning, big breakfast then pool, yoga and pub this afternoon, plenty of yan to my yin. Mr F is currently with the locksmith breaking into our garage after locking the keys in there when he went for his bike ridw, 65 quid of numpty. Chris, are you planning a Christmas day swim with all the other nutcases you see at the seaside? valis, I need to get some long runs in, I am going to scout around for a marathon next weekend I think.

24/11/2013 at 23:50

Evening

11.5 miles this morning followed by an hour of log splitting. NW: 12 friendly ramblers, 2 dirt bikers, several dog walkers, 2 Shetland ponies, 3 proper horses, 1 robin, 8 pigs, 1 Volkswagen Beetle on a muddy byway, 3 fishermen, 1 flock of sheep, 2 other runners.

Maths - the water is definitely much colder than the air. Kate - of course!

25/11/2013 at 09:48

Morning

Spotted some Taliban fighters on Hankley Common this morning! Probably soldiers dressed up to make the training exercise more realistic! Also nearly collided with a leaping deer that Rusty had flushed out! Interesting start to the week!!

25/11/2013 at 13:08

Afternoon - 4.5 miles this morning then into London to the new job, all good so far. Nothing exciting to see this morning, you must have had quite a surprise Chris.

25/11/2013 at 20:02

evening

nothing today as still recovering but feeling fine now, have skipped swimming tonight to get an early night but will be back to normal with a cold run tomorrow

Chris - far too much excitement for me! 

Kate - hope the new job goes well

25/11/2013 at 21:45

T25 and a swim for me tonight, was a good girl and stayed in the office a little later but missed spin. T25 and track tomorrow, will remember my key after forgetting this morning and having to throw stones at the bedroom window at 5.30 to wake Mr F. He was delighted.

26/11/2013 at 07:43

Morning all - T25 completed and back to my spiritual home on the 6.15 train this morning. Chilly out, big gloves ready for track later, if I make it past the pub next door to my new office selling mulled wine, yum.

26/11/2013 at 13:27

Good day all

8 miles this morning cold but it got even colder after my run

Nw 1 cat

Birky good result last night and maybe a few records broken by Christmas at this rate. Fingers crossed for a point or more tonight.

Kate, My next race will be C2C I am planning to increase (I hope)next months mileage restart the T25 which I haven't done since my chest played up. Have you had any luck finding a marathon.  

26/11/2013 at 19:34

evening

very frosty this morning, and I turboed, about time I put more time into the bike

work seems to be taking up too much time lately!

what is the verdict on T25? Is it worth doing/worth the cost?

26/11/2013 at 21:32

I'm liking the T25 so far, I am going to crank it up to the beta workout soon so I can be even more sweaty prancing in the garage. Track tonight was hard, 2 x 5 mins, 3 x 3 mins, 4 x 2 mins, 4 x 1 mins, 7.5 miles total. T25 again in the morning, run, swim lesson and yoga tomorrow night.

26/11/2013 at 22:41

Evening -

I could have sworn I posted here this morning but it's disappeared or maybe I forgot to hit the 'submit reply' button. Anyway, all I can remember from this morning's run is that it was cold and I saw a bat! NW 1 bat.

Went for a swim this afternoon. Debated long and hard with myself on whether to go to Frensham or try out the 50m pool at Guildford. It was such a nice afternoon that I almost went for the OW option but changed my mind at the last minute and headed over to the Surrey Sports Park for a 1500m pool swim. Probably a good thing I did because I got really bad cramp in my left thigh at about 1000m and in my right thigh at 1500m. Don't know why that happened but it would have been a major problem if I'd been out in the middle of the lake!

Kate - have you found yourself a marathon for next weekend? I'm thinking of doing the Dorking - Farnham NDW the following weekend if you fancy that. Train from Guildford to Dorking and then run back to Farnham. I've done it a couple of times before and I think it's about 22 miles.

10,861 to 10,880 of 13,606 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.