Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,881 to 10,900 of 15,579 messages
PSC    pirate
20/11/2012 at 07:07
Don't be afraid to be cautious. The Physio can't listen to how your body is reacting mid walk/run in the same way you can.

Anyway, I'm probably nagging the bleeding obvious.
20/11/2012 at 07:11

yeah, I will be careful. Although the phsio thinks I am overcautious sometimes

20/11/2012 at 07:16

Morning all! Well done everyone who's already been out. Two in two days for me, this is almost starting to be habit forming! 3.5 miles again at 6:30am on a wet but surprisingly warm-ish morning. Nature watch - slugs and snails and (1 - attached to its alive and well body) puppy dog tails, everything else had more sense to stay out of the wet.

20/11/2012 at 08:23

Morning all, rest day for me.  That is a quick walk MC, bet the kids don't like shopping with you!  Quick payout Valis, as you say worth clarifying what it is for.

20/11/2012 at 10:50

Morning all, took a different route again this morning to avoid the forestry work so added an extra hill and some deep sandy stretches. Rusty's fitting in well with the family and loves his runs with us. He's not so sure about going in water though, which is strange for a springer spaniel!

MC, hope the recovery continues apace but agree with PSC that you don't want to rush things too much. Sounds like you're being sensible though. 

NW this morning - several crows, a jay and a skylark!

20/11/2012 at 13:42

Afternoon all - 6 miles for me on tired legs after yesterday's exercise extravaganza, 2 x OR, 1 Kingsmill van and a dog. Ironman study briefing this evening at Hatfield Uni, excited and scared in equal measures. Happy birthday Mrs V Snr. Welcome all the new folk, and well done on the comeback TG. Chris, Rusty sounds sensible, it's freezing out there, forget getting in the water. MC, perhaps the Rio power walk 50K in 2016 for you?

21/11/2012 at 04:43

Good morning all

Got up, got ready then just came over a bit apathetic so back to bed now for an hour.

Strange.

Tommy, Mrs V is down at Hever tomorrow do you know any reputable cab numbers as she needs one to take her from the station to the castle and then later to accomadation she has booked.

Happy hump day everyone.

21/11/2012 at 06:06

Morning you lot

5M Steadily done. Cold, dry. No wind

Valis: Poor esult for Blue slast night.

Chris: Glad Rusty is settling in.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 horses. 1 Large Christmas Tree in shopping area.

21/11/2012 at 06:53

morning

no soc as yet, a bit achy as I did a lot in the gym yesterday, may go on the turbo later but first a physio appointment

valis - hope you got out in the end

Tommygun2    pirate
21/11/2012 at 07:01

Morning,

No SOC today as I going to take it easy getting back. The plus point is that it is peeing down this orning so I missed that.

Hey Valis, depends on which Station she is arriving at, if its edenbridge then I don't know. If its tobridge I know a few.

21/11/2012 at 08:10
Morning all - 5 miles in the rain, 1 OR and that was it. Ironman briefing last night was good, and scary, training starts 21 Jan, it is going to be very hard to scale back the running but I'm sure my body will enjoy it, so just 2 months to thrash out as much as I can. Happy hump day folks.
21/11/2012 at 08:12

Got up early this morning not for a run but to cook dinner for tonight so that I can go for a 3-5 miler tonight with the local club and get back to some nice grub.

All in the name of running so still SOC eh!

21/11/2012 at 08:18

Out of the door at 5.15am for a just short of 7 miler, NW was one lost rabbit on the industrial estate.  Got stopped by a guy lost in Hadleigh looking for the industrial estate, a lot happens at 6 in the morning on that place

Valis, no run but still a very early post.  Hope all is well. Good running Birky and Kate, Becky I assume it's a slow roast!  We'll all come round.

21/11/2012 at 08:55

Tommy,Turns out lingfield as she has to book in at hotel first.

JF50, Normal time I'm up at or awake at is 3.30ish can stay in bed but find that I just get more uncomfortable and just drift in and out of sleep.

Birky, Indeed  very poor.

21/11/2012 at 09:34

No SOC this morning due to a poorly little boy keeping us awake all night with his coughing. Back on it tomorrow though. Well done those who've made it out if the weather where you are is anything like it was here - cold, windy and chucking it down with rain. May go out for an afternoon run if the weather improves and I can summon the energy...

Tommygun2    pirate
21/11/2012 at 09:41

Hi Valis sorry can't help with Lingfield, to far West of me.

21/11/2012 at 10:29

Hello everyone,

Couple of rest days recently, Monday because I had an early start to travel to a meeting in Peterborough and because I didn't get home until gone 11pm I had a little lay in yesterday, so back SOCing today with a 5.15am 6miler in the drizzle.  The cat followed me for about 100meters then turned back!

When I saw the sports massage guy last week he suggested Epsom Salts in a bath after running, so I got some off the internet and gave that a try today - leg feels good but a soak in tha bath rather than a shower before work means I am feeling ever so slightly sleepy  

Nottsgriff, SOC running does become habit quite quickly - I'm new to it this month, I've always ran of an evening but decided to give morning running a go for November and see if it works for me.... So far, it is!

21/11/2012 at 13:34

Afternoon all,

Wet and windy out this morning and very muddy in places but quite mild. I've bought one of those flashing dog collars for Rusty so that I can keep an eye on him when he decides to run off somewhere. At least he comes back when I shout or whistle  although it'll be interesting to see how he responds when he spots his first deer!

NW: several crows

Off to see Skyfall tonight - can't wait to see how they used the footage shot on Hankley  Common.

21/11/2012 at 15:09

Chris, it's amazing, you'll enjoy it, although they have made it look nicely Scottish.

22/11/2012 at 06:07

Morning

5M Fartlek. Not a bad run

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 2 llamas, 4 horses,1 large Christmas Tree, 1 Kingsmill Van,

Christmas Decorations/Lights: 1st one spotted

valis: A shock with change of manager again at Blues. Gers won Tax case against HMRC.

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 06:07
10,881 to 10,900 of 15,579 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.