Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,881 to 10,900 of 13,609 messages
27/11/2013 at 07:47

Morning all - T25 this morning, AKA the garage prancercise. Chris, I've still not been to the sports park, they seem to have the 50m pool open late and sometimes shut it at the last minute if they have an event. I am on the waiting list for the Saxon Shore this weekend, if not I might be up for a bit of NDW action, are you doing the Hog's Back as well? Happy hump day all.

27/11/2013 at 10:00

Good Morning L&G

Have a quick peruse every now and then just to see how the pros are getting on.

Since last time, completed Clarendon, Beachy Head and A20 marathons. Up to 24.

Kate I'm second on the waiting list for Saxon Shore, so hopeful. How about you?

27/11/2013 at 15:05

Afternoon

Not much to report on this morning's run. Heard some distant gunfire and shouting and came across a big pile of spent flares so the army must have had a busy night.

Not planning to do the Hog's Back this year - have entered the Knacker Cracker though, so it'll be the usual trip to Box Hill on New Year's Day.

Planning to go out later for an evening road run around Farnham.

27/11/2013 at 20:15

evening

birky - I am surprised geordie didn't get you up!

I stayed in bed this morning too as I had been awake half the night, no idea why

went out for a run this evening though and for the first time in god knows when actually ran continuously, no walk breaks getting my run fitness back

5:30 - good to hear from you, 24, wow!

27/11/2013 at 21:45

5.30, you're on fire! Not sure where I am on the waiting list, I haven't done well recently so it may be the NDW with Chris.

PSC    pirate
27/11/2013 at 22:28

LOL Birky - I've had a few mornings like that recently.  Had every intention of going out today, even got changed - then sat working from home in running kit for 12 hours!  Lovely meal out with a spot of late night shopping this evening.  I'm running the 10 miles to the hospital tomorrow for my hernia gram.  Hopefully by doing that they will be able to see the symptoms in full glorious painful technicolour!  And as I've left my car in the centre of town this evening I have no option but to get my trainers on in the morning.  

I would love to join you on the ND this weekend but have a very busy weekend visiting junior in uni and the infamous LDWA Christmas Lunch (Kent Branch)!!

28/11/2013 at 07:56

morning

birky -wish my kids would sleep in when I do

turbo this morning. I too have had too many mornings lately when the alarm has gone off and I have ignored it! OH is getting fed up so I forced myself to get up this morning

28/11/2013 at 08:18

Respect the willpower in this thread! I count myself as quite stubborn and determined but a pre-work run (5am) is always easier said than done. Any tips on hauling yourself out of bed?

28/11/2013 at 09:31

LSH: exactly what Birky said!

8.5 miles this morning and a bit muddy in places. NW: 1 deer, 1 horse, 6 or 7 cows, 2 other runners, several dog walkers.

PSC - it's not this weekend but the following (7th/8th Dec) that I'd planned to do the NDW run.

PSC    pirate
28/11/2013 at 13:21

hernia update.  There is no hernia.  

I don't know if that is good news or bad news..... anyway, I had a lovely run this morning of just under 10 miles and made the radiologist chuckle when I turned up in muddy lycra!  

5 years on and no closer to knowing why I hurt.  I bet it is my psoas....  back to that Yin Yoga then.

LSH - yep, fall out of bed straight into kit and go.  I sometimes take a bottle belt so that I don't even have to pause for a drink.

28/11/2013 at 13:27

Afternoon all - T25, 6 miles and a very short spin this morning. Looks like I'm in for a marathon this weekend, just seen how far away Deal is though. PSC, shame you're not finding the reasons for the pain, but got a good run out of it.

28/11/2013 at 16:34

PSC - good news it isn't a hernia but bad that you are no further forward in knowing what is the cause

LSH - what they all said!! I take a bottle of water with me because I know I wake up dehydrated

PSC    pirate
28/11/2013 at 18:11

it's all that red wine the night before Maths

28/11/2013 at 20:13

Good Evening L&G

PSC, nothing wrong with red wine sir.

KateF, Saxon Shore begins at 8am so very early start for you. I'm confirmed for the weekend festivities, so I've booked myself into some accommodation for a couple of nights.

Sat 8am: Saxon Shore Marathon 1

Sun 8am: Saxon Shore Marathon 2

Going to be a very tired drive home.

Edited: 28/11/2013 at 20:17
28/11/2013 at 21:22

PSC - hope you find out one day what's ailing you.

530am - you're mad!!

28/11/2013 at 21:37

Mr Oco, I know Frensham Pond.....you're bonkers mad!

29/11/2013 at 07:52

morning all

5:30 - good luck for the weekend! That'll make 26? Is that just for this year or total since you started?

PSC - I don't drink actually. Having pickled myself in my 20s alcohol seems to now produce a weird allergic reaction - just a sip and my face feels like it is on fire. Ah well, life is cheaper this way and no hangovers! I probably just sweat a lot in bed

29/11/2013 at 09:06

Good Morning L&G

Thanks birky and maths. Feeling a bit nervous! A successful weekend (two completions, time is irrelevant), will mean 18 marathons this year plus the 8 last to make 26. Maybe I'll finish off the year with 0.2 marathon  to make it all symmetrical!

24 minimum planned for next year to get to 50. 

29/11/2013 at 09:13

Morning

just a shorty this morning and weights session. NW 1 owl hooting, 1 pack of noisy dogs

Good luck Kate and 5:30

Maths - plus one for getting pickled in their 20's!!

29/11/2013 at 13:33

Afternoon - T25 and just 4 miles, last minute taper! 5.30, yes very early start but prefer that so I still have some Sunday, respect to you for doing the double.

10,881 to 10,900 of 13,609 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.