Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,901 to 10,920 of 13,609 messages
29/11/2013 at 17:32

KateF, I'm in Deal. Watch out for some lengthy roadworks on the M25. However, unlikely to be any traffic delays at your time of travel!

Just thought running a double is a perfect opportunity to run some atrocious times.

Now I'm so tempted to nip downstairs to the Hotel bar.....no....no......maybe....

PSC    pirate
29/11/2013 at 18:00

Oooo you are relatively speaking just down the road.  I would come and watch you all run tomorrow but will be heading off early to see junior at his uni (I have a new PS4 for him) so race strong you both and good luck with the double 5:30.  I'm sure a shandy won't hurt!  

Maths, well that's ruined my theory if you don't drink!    Didn't we all get pickled in our 20's - it's a right of passage to your 30's!  Can't do it now - I hate that morning after feeling and the sheer waste of time recovering!  I am rather partial to a glass or two of red though.

Medical update - I am seeing a consultant rheumatologist on Thursday.  Maybe he will hold the key to this problem.  Groan!

Has anyone else been hooked by Amazons Black Friday deals... I saved lots of money on a GoPro Hero3 earlier today - well chuffed!  Beans on toast for a month though to pay for it!  

29/11/2013 at 19:34

Not yet PSC but I am about to log on! Good luck in the morning 5.30.

29/11/2013 at 19:50

PSC - Jenny (my OH) had years of unknown symptoms and visited several physios, a chiropractor, and an osteopath as well as our GP, for all sorts of different treatments - traction, manipulation, ultra-sound etc and it wasn't until she was referred to a consultant rheumatologist that she was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia. There was no treatment available but he advised her that the best course of action she could take to alleviate the symptoms was to exercise every day! It worked within a week and she's free of symptoms now - unless she misses a few days of running and then the old aches and pains return. Not that I'm suggesting you have the same condition but just saying that by seeing a consultant you'll get expert advice and hopefully find a way to fix the problem.

PSC    pirate
29/11/2013 at 23:40
Thanks for the thoughts Chris. I've seen a number of consultants already and so far they seem to be baffled. I won't give in though.
30/11/2013 at 07:50

morning all

good luck to 5:30 and Kate (not sure which day you are doing Kate)

spinning and swimming for me this morning, then the kids are staying at the in-laws so we are going out for a meal. Won't be a late night though as I have the Edwinstowe 10k tomorrow - a trail run round Robin Hood's woods complete with the Major Oak en route I think

30/11/2013 at 11:06

Good morning all 

12 miles this morning inc Park run. lots of winter walkers so tried a few different trail paths for a change. 

Good luck in your races Kate, Maths, and 5.30 .

Psc, I am sure your get it fixed in the end and look forward to trying to keep up with you at Brighton.

Birky, I hope today is a vast improvement on our mid week lack of effort.

30/11/2013 at 14:36

Great training valis.

Saxon Shore completed in a little over 5 hours in blustery conditions. It's all fun!

Stuff it until 8am tomorrow. I'm off to the pub.

See you in the morning Kate. Have a safe journey.

30/11/2013 at 17:30

well done 5:30, hope you fuel up well for tomorrow!

30/11/2013 at 17:50

Evening all - 4 mile run, spin, swim and T25 this morning, almost resting for tomorrow. 5.30, I will pack my windbreak, well done today and see you in the morning. Enjoy dinner and the 10K MC.

PSC    pirate
01/12/2013 at 08:39

Valis... I like the challenge!   I will be there and in no worse shape than last year.  But last year I was eating pain kullers like smarties at the 20 mile point!  Not good!  I know the mara is meant to hurt but not like it did...

About to power the house down and do some electrical work.  If I dont come back on here  by midday could someone call an ambulance!   Thanks xx

01/12/2013 at 11:00

Good morning all

16 miles this morning mostly on a new route.

Birky , Been quite busy so far this weekend will take a look at the goals a bit later somewhere between returning from doing chores for my mother and sitting down to watch the blues this afternoon . Agree terrible turn of events Friday night. 

Psc Hope all went well with the electrical work.

PSC    pirate
01/12/2013 at 12:37

everything works.. and I'm alive! 

01/12/2013 at 12:57

glad you are still alive PSC!

well I did it, had to walk a few times - though not sure how much that is mental, and my hip was hurting from about 4 miles. Not a personal worst either, so for the lack of running this year and all the problems I have had I am happy good start to the month

01/12/2013 at 14:57

Afternoon - a lovely day out for me, chuffed with 4.03 with the complete lack of any taper, nice to see 5.30 looking good despite yesterday's race, really nice little event. PSC, have you covered your house in masses of Christmas lights and had to bring in a generator? Valid, the back to backs are going well, and good run MC. One of my club mates was running today training for MdS, in his 5kg rucksack was the Next directory and an Argos catalogue! Christmas shopping on the go. Off to yin yoga to stretch out then a pint of cider from my goodie bag, along with a massive toblerone, crisps and all sorts, very welcome.

01/12/2013 at 16:26

well done Kate, sounds like a good goodie bag. My race was a no goodie bag but nice t-shirt and brilliant marshals one

swimming tonight

01/12/2013 at 17:32

Good Evening L&G

Saxon Shore II

What a great weekend. Two nights away on my own, with just marathon buddies. One hour slower than Kate and an agonising one minute slower than yesterday!

26 done now, eight behind Kate?

01/12/2013 at 18:45

only one minute slower on day two is pretty good going 5:30 well done!

01/12/2013 at 18:54

Gosh no idea, will have to count it up, this Ironman business has put paid to numerous marathons, see you in Portsmouth?

01/12/2013 at 19:08
Kate, in Barbados for Portsmouth marathon, but will be doing Viking double in Jan, also organised by Traviss.

Thanks maths, pretty happy considering I don't train!
Edited: 01/12/2013 at 19:11
10,901 to 10,920 of 13,609 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.