Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,921 to 10,940 of 17,239 messages
23/11/2012 at 20:32

Maths: No problem.

23/11/2012 at 20:41

Ha, watch out MC, birky has his eye on you!

24/11/2012 at 07:38

well, gym opens at 8:30 so I have had brekki and am getting ready to be there for when they open the doors!

24/11/2012 at 07:47

Morning MC - have fun at the gym. 

24/11/2012 at 10:06

Morning SOCers,

Today was my first SOC(ish) run that wasn't so early that it was dark throughout and wasn't so late that it was already light, but that perfect time when you start dark (confirming you are a special, dedicated runner lol) but you get to see the suncome up and light the world a little more with every step.

Denver was lovely this morning, cold and frosty, but no wind or rain.

7 Miles tempo this morning, which felt great as I've only done easy (almost sluggish) 4-5.5 milers this week.  Cobwebs well and truely blown away.

Enjoy Saturday everyone

24/11/2012 at 10:18

At least you are up early MC, didn't realise Birky was checking our mileage

Working day for me, home match.  Rest day as well and am running the Hadleigh 10 mile tomorrow.  Be rude not to,the start is 400 yards from my house.  11am gun so can have a lay in, a leisurely breakfast, last toilet stop in my house and then just wander over to the start  Forecast looks like bright but windy.

24/11/2012 at 11:44

I get up at stupid o clock to run, oh absolutely! As a full-time bus driver doing 12 hour shifts 6 days/nights a week, usually not getting back to the garage to clock out until 1 am I can't always stick to a regular walking/running time but I'll only do it in the early hours on one particular local route, I refuse point blank to change routes as I feel reasonably safe on this one, just me & the moon/stars & wildlife, pitch black with just my high viz & torch, it's lovely!

Sometimes my beloved 18 year old son, also a bus driver, who is also a walker, joins me, but other than him I'll only do it on my own. He walks between 7-14 miles in one go (both ways to/from his house) & I'll do 11 to/from mine in one go & depending what time I get home from work in the early hours I'll leave at 2.15 am & get back home at 5.45.

I HATE running in the day, far too many people & traffic but in the middle of the night, just me ... & sometimes son ...it's brilliant!

My job entails loads of stress, anger, frustration from passengers, motorists, work mates so running/walking for hours & 11 miles helps to get it out of me before starting another exhausting shift! 

Anyone here thinking of doing early mornings ... just go for it!

24/11/2012 at 16:29

Afternoon all - usual Saturday SOC run, boot camp and spin this morning OR x 1, Warburtons van and PW1 riot van which I thought was a bit OTT for the Godalming Christmas market and light switch on. Should really have rested with a 15 miler tomorrow, but I think it is going to be a complete mud fest, depending on wine consumption tonight I might feel a wussing out coming on.... Philippa, along, you sound hugely committed. Birky, who is in the naughty corner for slacking off today then?

24/11/2012 at 17:08

JF: Yeah going into Coach Birky mode

Phillipa : Welcome.

24/11/2012 at 18:23

Evening all,

10k run this morning - very wet and muddy but at least we made it back before the worst of the rain arrived. Quite busy out there with the usual weekend assortment of dog walkers, mountain bikers, ruuners etc plus lots of military activity. 

Sounds like the police are expecting some dodgy characters at the Godalming light switch on. Farnham lights are switched on today too - shame it's such crap weather for it.

PSC    pirate
24/11/2012 at 20:54

I hope this rain eases off...  heading off up the wooden hill and hoping for a dry day tomorrow.  

25/11/2012 at 07:11

Good luck for today PSC,. In bed at 1am for me, full of red wine and cheese so today's race is going to be tougher than normal I think...

25/11/2012 at 08:18

Well, I am flabergasted, flabergasted I tell you! I finished my bus shift at 12 last night, anyone here in the UK knows about the torrential rain, flooding etc and I was SO looking forward to pounding the roads for an 18 mile run/walk in it as I love doing it in the rain, cold etc but driving home was dogdy because of the flooding.

It has flooded the only route I do! Been rather tearful & stressy on duty & NEED to beat it from me with 18 milers! Will be forced to hang on for a few days until it receeds. In the mean time I shall occupy myself with learning the internal workings of the 42217 buses and the Alexcars coaches, both of which are magnificent vehicles!

25/11/2012 at 08:56

morning all

welcome phillippa

loads of flooding round here too, but I was safe on my turbo

stay stafe anyone who is racing today

25/11/2012 at 09:25

Thank you, mathchick! I hope you all have a really good day whatever you're doing.

Phil. X (I HATE being called Phillippa!) Just Phil to everyone! 

25/11/2012 at 10:02

Morning all

Yesterday 8 miles inc park run today i got up but due to the high winds , lots of airborne missiles by the sound of it thought it would be safer inside. Hire bike went back yesterday could be a week or month till I see the right bike so from tomorrow I am going to run it some days and cycle it on others. To run to work does involve an extra two miles as I do not fancy running along the dual carriage way especially at night when there is no lighting.

Psc , Good luck today

Phil, Welcome

Chris,Kate , Hope your Christmas tree switch on's went by with out riots taking place . Good luck today Kate.

25/11/2012 at 15:16

Afternoon all - Molehills went OK, 2.26 for 15 miles which isn't bad over some pretty steep climbs and Box Hill steps, my friend won it in 1.35, ridiculous! valis, you will be at work nice and early if you're setting out at your usual time. No riots as far as I'm aware but will check the Surrey Advertiser in case someone dropped a crisp packet or something. Phil, hope concentrating on your internal workings does the trick. Couple of hours of work then on usual Sunday roast duty.

PSC    pirate
26/11/2012 at 06:30
Well done Kate.

Gatliff was daft. The muddiest event I have ever done and apparently the hardest Gatlff in its 25 year history. I finished but it was a yomp not a run. And it wasn't 30 miles either. It was 38. I had a bit of a SOH at one point with the mud, my shoes, my hurty feet, the weather, etc. And, boy, was I glad to finish.

Phil, change your name on here to something else. Welcome to the thread.

Morning Team.
26/11/2012 at 07:00

Morning all - well done PSC, 8 miles out on distance, ouch. 6 miles for me this morning 2 OR and that was it. Raining again, I hope we don't start sinking soon. Monday morning again, off we go.

26/11/2012 at 08:07

morning all

well done PSC

rest day for me

hope you have all avoided flooding, we have quite a bit in our area, but I have been able to get work

10,921 to 10,940 of 17,239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.