Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,941 to 10,960 of 16,232 messages
26/11/2012 at 08:19

Morning everyone,

Did 5 miles at 11am yesterday, after a bottle of wine the night before and a full english for breakfast.  Needless to say, the run was not my quickest!

Only 4 miles for me this morning.  Everything from my eyes to my feet felt (and still feel!) tired, so tomorrow will be a lay in and a rest day.

Be glad when this grotty weather passes

26/11/2012 at 08:35

Morning all, NOC for me today.

Ran the Hadleigh 10 mile yesterday, really bright sunshine though the roads were covered in puddles and/or mud for most of it, still a strong wind.  Enjoyable race though and finished in a bit under 1.18 so happy with that.  Not planning anymore races before Xmas.

26/11/2012 at 13:57

Good afternoon all

Left for work at 8.30 ,am I still in the s.o.c ? ran the 6 miles to work in just over 50 min with rucksack weighing just under 5 kilo. This has amused me as the last couple of weeks I have been running that distance with out the weight between 48-53 mins.

I guess it was the joy of going to work on a wet Monday with the whole week ahead that spurred me on

Good to see everyone getting out despite the odd spots of rain falling here and there fine efforts from JF50,Psc, Kate.

Dinner now before the 6.30 run home .Can anyone tell me what those funny tin things parked up for mile after mile with angry people inside were that I saw this morning.

26/11/2012 at 15:05

Missed the couple of runs from Kate and PSC, my 10 miles seems a bit of a Sunday stroll in comparison, well done guys.  Good miles for you today Valis.

26/11/2012 at 15:26

Valis - I was in one of those tin things this morning - I wasn't one of the angry people though, in fact I was quite chilled after my run in the rain on Hankley Common. I was a solo dog-less runner this morning though. Rusty came to the front door, took one look at the rain and darkness, turned around and went back inside again! What a wimp!!

As for running to work, I'd love to but 2 ultras a day for 5 days a week would probably take it's toll pretty quickly!

Well done PSC and Kate. Must have been the worst weekend of the year to be racing but I bet it was fun!!

26/11/2012 at 18:51

Evening Believe it or not its cold and dry here.

Easy run earlier so now need to fully catch up.

26/11/2012 at 20:26

Chris - Very amusing that Rusty wimped out (or maybe just sensible???)

NOC run again, only 3 miles, need to start my marathon training plan soon.  Any tips on how to keep running when you're on holiday?  Am off to Australia for all of January, can;t be taking a month off running when I'm back into it!!

Have a good evening all!

26/11/2012 at 20:38

Could i just get some advice from someone?  I ran my first ever marathon last year, it wasn't organised, it was just something I wanted to do.  I followed RW Ultimate marathon schedule sub 4:15.  I missed a couple of long runs and also mid week runs as I was too busy trying to organise my wedding but still managed to run it in 4:12.  I now want to follow the same plan.  Do people think I could attempt sub 3:45 or is that pushing it?  Should I just try sub 4:00?

Sorry to use this thread, any honest opinions welcome

I'm not delusional, just trying to get the best out of my first official marathon and was surprised by my time when running it on my way home from work on a friday night

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks x

27/11/2012 at 05:53

Mornig you lot

Dry and cold up here

NW: 1 owl, 2 large Christmas Trees, 4 Christmas Decorations showing in houses, 4 horses, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Robin Redbreast on fence.

PSC    pirate
27/11/2012 at 06:30
Morning Birky.... Morning gang!

I still ache so will rest and stretch today.

Dobster, my advice would be train for 3:45 and then see what happens. If you give the training the attention it needs you will likely smash 4 hours. But it's a fickle distance. The difference between a good day and a bad one is about half an hour! Go for it.

How to run on holiday.... Take your running kit and get up early to run. Keep distances down so you don't shred yourself and ruin the holiday. Get practical. Run to the bakers to buy the bread each day. Don't forget that you are on holiday. Ts good to take a break from running too occasionally.
27/11/2012 at 06:41

Mornng psc.

27/11/2012 at 08:11

morning all

soc turbo session for me today

loads more rain overnight

27/11/2012 at 08:13

Morning all - SOC yoga for me today so a few cobras and downward dogs on NW, track later. Dobster, agree with all of PSC's advice, do a half marathon around Feb time as well to judge your pace, there are calculators somewhere on this site to give an indication of what this would convert to for the full. I'm a big fan of the holiday run, up and out, beat the heat and generally back before anyone is out of bed. Go short and fast, then enjoy an afternoon snooze in the sun. PSC, what state are your shoes in, mine have none of their original colour visible. You may be dry now birky, but apparently the freezing cold weather is on its way in.

27/11/2012 at 17:33

Newbie to the forum - just reading your posts & I get SOC but what is NW ?

I do 3 x SOC each week and 1 evening, so am hoping the cold weather doesn't come (North West), as I'm a wuss when it comes to ice/frost!

27/11/2012 at 18:08

hi Adri - NW is nature watch

you just have to wrap up for the cold and move a bit faster!

27/11/2012 at 18:27

Thanks mathschick, I don't mind the cold - just the ice/frost underfoot!

27/11/2012 at 20:35

Adri: Welcome: NW is Nature Watch.This is what you see when you're out running. I always  seem to see an Owl ( we nicknamed him Ovett ! ) and a Kingsmill Bread Van.

You'll pick up our madness

27/11/2012 at 20:36

Kate: It was cold today. I much prefer cold to the rain.

27/11/2012 at 21:18

Thanks birkmyre - was the Kingsmill Bread van a particularly special species?!

27/11/2012 at 21:20

Welcome Adri. Getting cold here now, 10 miles tonight with a track session in the middle, 5 x 5 minute efforts plus a run up there and back. Stopped raining but blowing a gale as we're on top of a hill. My car heating has packed up so have to get that sorted soon! MC, what turbo have you got, need to start thinking about bicycling!

10,941 to 10,960 of 16,232 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.