Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,981 to 11,000 of 17,234 messages
30/11/2012 at 07:41

morning all

no soc, but gym later

day off today, but my kids also have a day off so busy busy with haircuts and other appoiintments

30/11/2012 at 09:20

Happy Friday!

No SOC until tomorrow, but did a SOC indoor Bootcamp class (Mon, Weds Friday) STILL no NW, eyes peeled tomorrow!

30/11/2012 at 12:13

Out for an 11 miler this morning, almost sensible start time though of 7am.  Ran part on roads part on trail, not sure which was the hardest surface.  Very cold so the lycra leggings did take a bow this morning plus a jacket.  NW field of shetland ponies, must be 10 or so in there, rabbits x many.  Where do the hares go in winter?

Hi Dobster, Sianz (get some thicker gloves?) and Adri.

Good weekend all

30/11/2012 at 13:00

Sianz , try buffalo mitts from racekit and go one size up from normal hand size.

30/11/2012 at 19:29

Evening all,

GRIM Challenge tomorrow. Looks like a cold one! Will file a report afterwards.

30/11/2012 at 20:59

Evening

Just in for a nosey.

Kate: Thanks.

30/11/2012 at 21:22
valisgonzozen wrote (see)

Sianz , try buffalo mitts from racekit and go one size up from normal hand size.

Ooo noted thanks!

I couldn't get an early in this morning because of ice! Had to endure treadmil instead. Boo. 

01/12/2012 at 11:07

Did a more reasonable Saturday 6.30 SOC this morning; glad to see the frost & fog gone, but half way through the 10 miles, got absolutely soaked, which wasn't too bad, but by mile 7, when it had stopped, my thighs were soaked, cold & heavy.

However despite that, felt a really comfortable run ...... STILL no NW - think they have hibernated, that or we were talking too much!

01/12/2012 at 11:26

morning

don't know what had happened to the site - I couldn't get on earlier

anyway, i hour of run 2mins walk 4 mins on treadmill done as per physio's instructions and felt ok there is light at the end of the tunnel

Chris - have fun at the GRIM

01/12/2012 at 17:36

Afternoon SOCers - 4 miles, boot camp and spin this morning, did not enjoy press ups on the frozen grass, Chris, you are a complete nutjob doing Grim. Valis, I'm going to look up the glove recommendations too. MC, glad you're making progress. Hog's Back 7.5 mile race in the morning, Mr F is at Twickenham today, I am imagining I will have rather a bad night's sleep as he staggers in later.

01/12/2012 at 23:52

Evening all,

Did the Grim in 1:13:25 for the 8.3m course. Very wet and muddy as expected but at least the sun was shining and it didn't rain. Most of the water sections were iced over but the lead runners did a good job of breaking the ice for us lot to run through without too many problems. However I did see plenty of falls and a number of injured runners being taken care of buy the marshalls and first aiders. 

Kate, good luck at the Hog's Back. I was going to do that one but decided that I wouldn't do it justice the day after the Grim. 

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

02/12/2012 at 08:13

Just off out again for a frosty run and  here's a video I made of yesterday's Grim race.

Grim Challenge

02/12/2012 at 08:49

Chris - well done yesterday. I'll have to try the video later, it doesn't want to play, probably something to do with the fact that the kids have set up a minecraft server using our internet router....

didn't sleep well so ignoring the turbo in the middle of the room and stayed in bed a bit longer - although I didn't actually get back to sleep so that only achieved the nice warm staying in bed feeling!

looks lovely but cold out there

have a great day everyone

02/12/2012 at 14:21

Chris, why oh why!! On a warm day I'd still struggle to see the appeal. Nice mud free, but icy, Hogs Back for me today, new route so can't tell if I've improved. My stomach bug almost threatened to get the better of me and make it a DNS, but after 11 trips to the loo and a 2 mile test run at 6am I made it without embarrassing myself! Super strong sprint finish to the portaloo though. Beautiful day again, but so cold, am on the case for the buffalo mitts. Sunday roast time soon.

02/12/2012 at 16:55

Afternoon all

5miles this morning to my mothers to get her Xmas dec's out the loft and 5 miles home. As for buffalo mits best twenty pounds Ive spent on gloves, today minus 2 and my hands were sweaty and again not too much of a problem as they wick the moisture away. Only down side I have found do not work so well when cycling

Yesterday 7 miles putting out and collecting the park run direction signs and km markers.

running to work for the next couple of days then cycling. New motorbike 3 weeks away deposit down on a GSXR 1000 k4(2004) however in its Oldham so paper work  and little finance  paper work being posted down signed posted back then arrange delivery. A plus on the deal with the shop is balance on bike not paid till delivered and once I have checked it over .only kink seems to be despite signing my forms and having a voting card sent every election They told me they couln't find me on the electoral roll after 2005. Mrs V is getting on to that one tomorrow.

this isn't the bike but the same year and colours and only 10 k on the clock

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/510108/gallery/gsxr.jpg?width=350

When it arrives I'm wrapping it up putting a bow on it and pretending its Christmas day (can you tell how excited I am)been waliking round with a grin on my face since Friday morning

Chris, Great video and soundtrack What head cam were you using as I have been thinking of getting one for when I am cycling or motorbiking.

Maths, Good to see you are on the mend.

Birky, At least I have been distracted the last couple of weeks hopefully the FSW as you might of seen him called on the shed forum could be sacked in the next couple of weeks if results like yesterday continue.

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 17:10
02/12/2012 at 22:30

Nice bike Valis! I used to ride a Suzuki GS 750 many years ago. The head cam is a Go Pro - brilliant piece of kit. 

Just a short run/jog/dog walk this morning and then back to Aldershot to watch my son and his girlfriend doing the Grim. Nice to watch someone else getting wet and muddy for a change!

03/12/2012 at 05:44

Morning - no SOC for me, early train instead, trip to the docs this afternoon to get the stomach sorted then run, gym spin later. Am expecting festive levels to be cranked up even higher now we're into the first week of December...

03/12/2012 at 05:57

Morning from a snowy West of Scotland. The snow fell last night

Morning Kate: Hope your trip to docs goes okay

valis: Yeah He ain't too popular on The Shed Forum is he. But surely not Avram Grant back ?!

03/12/2012 at 05:59

Opps. Pressed wrong button.

NW: Lots of snow. Great runing in the freshly thick snow. 1 owl, 4 horses, 2 llamas, 1 fox, 2 Large Christmas Trees. NO KIngsmill Van this morning. Lots of cars gingerly driving.

Need to catch up now. Back later.

03/12/2012 at 06:31

Chris: Well done on the race It does sound challenging.

valis: Nice bike mate.

10,981 to 11,000 of 17,234 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.