Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

10,981 to 11,000 of 13,608 messages
09/12/2013 at 22:39
Well said PSC
09/12/2013 at 22:48

Good work PSC.

Any 2014 targets for all you SoCers?

I have one, OK possibly two. The first is to get up to  50 completed marathons next year. The harder one is to run a sub-4hr marathon. I have three at 4h 28 so I need to move up to prancercise level, then possibly to T25.

If only I had a garage......

PSC    pirate
09/12/2013 at 22:53
Forget the garage and get some old blue carpet. Sorted!
10/12/2013 at 00:37

Morning all (just endured a 3 hour train journey from Waterloo - thanks South West Trains)

My target is also to get under 4 hours (for the first time since 1982 London Marathon) and I'm told that if I get enough votes from fellow runners I should be able to achieve this. So please vote for me and spread the word to everyone else you know and ask them to vote for me also.

Thanks fellow runners.

PSC    pirate
10/12/2013 at 02:50
:P
10/12/2013 at 06:38

good morning all

10 miles this morning a slow one as  fog made seeing where I was going a bit of a chore.

NW I'm sure there was some out there somewhere.

Kate's right I too am doing T 25 to get a bikini body just can't let the wife catch me in my bikini. Garages , conservatories as training rooms what you need is my multi room front room/ office/gym /kitchen diner all neatly packaged in one small flat.

Chris,I will vote for you but first I need to see you do the tango or warble you way through a song or ice skate while telling me your give it 110%

10/12/2013 at 06:44
Good Morning All

I ain't voting for you Chris. You're already a prancerciser and T25 wannabe. Also I now have competiton for sub 4. I may have to finally succumb to a training schedule.

I'm going to vote for Valis, just because I've met him and he's a decidedly decent chap.
10/12/2013 at 06:56
I have voted for one person and that is because forum wise(fetch really) I do know him and know that he is not afraid to train.

In other news I didn't train today, I race track in Newport on a Tuesday so I have a lie in(6am alarm) and have an easy day ahead of tonight.

Have fun
10/12/2013 at 07:23

Morning all - 7 miles in the ice and T25 on the blue carpet, perhaps if it was a red carpet I could win a trip to Paris. Chris, I want a bit more feeling in your appeal, you have to tell us it's all you've ever wanted and it's such an amazing journey for you. 5.30, I think you may need some time out with your mentor and work on your issues with garages and prancercise. Good luck with the racing Gobi. Swim lesson for me tonight, might sink as I have a client lunch today.

10/12/2013 at 09:44

It's all I've ever wanted and it's such an amazing journey for me. Hope I can count on your vote now Kate.

Out this morning in the fog and frost. NW loads of dogs and an unidentified beast which ran across the path in front of us. It was quite large so could have been a deer or yeti. To foggy to tell.

10/12/2013 at 09:58

morning all

throat starting to feel less sore so will be back out tomorrow

for next year I want my 13 year old to stop being such an idiot - is it too much to ask??? It is all I have ever wanted since he started being an idiot and would be amazing

However, for myself, I want to smash the Outlaw Half and actually complete a marathon without any major injuries preventing this as I haven't had a good track record so far on that distance! I don't care what time I get!! I will never be fast and that really doesn't bother me

Anyway, idiot son is playing in a big concert at the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham tonight so will be a proud moment. Unfortunately the youngest also has his school play tonight which we are having to miss, but my dad is going to watch him and he is being very gracious about it all

10/12/2013 at 21:35

Oops wine won over water so swimming cancelled

11/12/2013 at 07:42

Morning everyone. After a few months of being lazy and running at 7am i'm back out at Stupid O clock with the dog running before work. Do 3.30 alarms ever feel normal?

How has everyone been?

Kate - was lovely to see you a few weeks ago at Saxon Shore!

11/12/2013 at 08:18

Morning all - 6 miles in the fog and ice to rid myself of the hangover. Emmy, it was good to see you flying along with the new running partner, when are you giving him the rum of the full distance?

11/12/2013 at 09:15

Good Morning L&G

Hey Emmy, the way your marathon times are diving you're very quickly (like the pun?) becoming the female Traviss! I noticed your second day at Saxon Shore was significantly quicker than the first. Well done.

11/12/2013 at 09:25

morning all

well, the concert was brilliant but it ended up being a very late night so I stayed in bed - not sure why because I was awake. The SOC gods will be after me

I will turbo tonight to make up for it

11/12/2013 at 09:32

Hi Kate - he'll be with me for this weekend's christmas enigma and doing 15& 20 miles in preparation for his first full distance in January at the winter enigma. He loves running (as you saw). After we finished Saxon he had a rest whilst i finished my last lap and then was ready to go again!

5.30 - thank you! I'm not sure that i'm anyway in Traviss's league but I'm hoping that with some good quality training - I can get closer to my 3.45 goal. Saxon Shore was a funny one. Day 1 was so windy and I had just had a car crash so wasnt really in the right frame of mind to run but day 2 just seemed to fall into place and I had such a good time!

Mathschick - You need to make up for a lie in? I feel very lazy!

11/12/2013 at 09:42
This coming out of retirement is interesting.

Out at 5.15 this morning in Alpha Male mode(shorts and tshirt) with 7 friends for my first 10 miler of 2013. It was like the old days as 3 of us in the group go way back to when I was competing. Seems strange to think of 10 miles as a long run when it used to be a standard start to a day. After about 75 mins I was asking myself why am I still running? I'm a cyclist don't you know!!

Importantly the time on feet was longer than I plan to run the half so at least I now know I can run long enough, all I need now is to be fast enough :??)

Pace for HR was good though so all pretty promising for my return to "pacing" on Jan19th before I retire again on Feb 9th.

Can I ask who Traviss is ? I knew one a few years back who collected marathons without really training or racing any.
11/12/2013 at 09:45

Gobi - Traviss is a legend in the UK (and world) marathons and ultra world. He held the World record for the most marathons done in the world in one calendar year. He's also the RD for a few races and generally an all round lovely bloke who's so encouraging and friendly to newbies and always willing to give advice. This year he has stepped completely up to the 100mile distance and done 3 in 4 weeks or something crazy like that!

11/12/2013 at 09:48

Hi Gobi,

Traviss Willcox  completed 0-100 marathons in under 2 years (world record). His times have gone from over 5 hours last year to sub 3:30!

He also organises 3 double marathon weekends.

10,981 to 11,000 of 13,608 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.