Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,001 to 11,020 of 16,809 messages
PSC    pirate
03/12/2012 at 07:45

struggling to get out at the moment... but it's been good to rest too!

Valis, nice bike.  I was more a honda VFR man (I had 3 of them),

Chris, great vid.  And good bit of Bjork too.

Kate, well done on your racing. 

My race was to the chocolate drawer - and judging by the fact that it's now empty, I won! Or maybe not... I suspect the scales in the bathroom are going to tell me to foxtrot oscar in a minute when I go and have a shower/weigh-in!!

Morning peeps

03/12/2012 at 07:49

morning all

no soc but will be at the gym later

valis - nice bike

03/12/2012 at 09:10

Good racing Chris and Kate

8.5 miles this morning in the pouring rain, at least it had warmed up a couple of degrees.  NW could see the silhouettes of a few shetland ponies, too dark and wet for other life to venture out!

03/12/2012 at 09:51

Sianz , try buffalo mitts from racekit and go one size up from normal hand size.

03/12/2012 at 09:56

Wow just got to work, took a look at the forum and its reposted my post from Friday.

04/12/2012 at 05:54

Morning from a frosty West of Scotland.The snow has frozen. So feet crunching through the frozen snow this morning. Very slippy in places. Ran off road mostly.

NW: 1 owl, 6 horses, 3 large Christmas Trees. 1 Kingsmill Van and 1 Morrisons Van

Tommygun2    pirate
04/12/2012 at 06:27

Morning

Well I ran today for the first time in a week. 4 miles plodded. legs felt a bit creaky.

Very frosty with slippery roads this morning.

NW 0 No Christmas lights yet

I seem to be on a run once a week program at the moment, a combination of illness knee trouble and work have all conspired against me recently. So I'll see if I can do more this week/

04/12/2012 at 06:36

Morning Tommy.

Tommygun2    pirate
04/12/2012 at 06:39

Morning Birky, its good to be back outon the road again.Must catch up with what everyone is upto

PSC    pirate
04/12/2012 at 06:58

Another barren week ended here too...  the top of my feet are still bruised, which serves me right for wearing round elastic laces on a 38 mile muddy ultra... DOH!  But otherwise the legs are fine.  I had physio last night on a 6 month long chronic back problem - apparently I am a bit twisted!  Just want you want to hear when you are stood in your undies after a long and tough day at work!  Anyway, within half an hour she had worked some magic and I felt a million times better....  she has introduced me to what she calls "sports pilates".  ???

Anyhooo... morning Birky, Morning Tommy.  Anyone else up yet? 

Saw a shooting star this morning.  Frosty underfoot but only icy in patches in Kent.  No silly Christmas lights yet.  And the moon is still so bright... it's waned to about half way but no need for a torch although I did flick it on for the 2 cars I met.

04/12/2012 at 07:39

Morning - oh I am jealous of all the SOCing in the frost and moonlight, another early commute, and track tonight. Sports pilates eh PSC, show us your moves.... Have a good days folks.

04/12/2012 at 08:14

morning all

did my treadmill run/walk last night, would love to be running outside though

felt rough when the alarm went off for my turbo session this morning so stayed in bed instead. Long day ahead as I have to go to a student teacher mentor thing at Nottingham University this evening, groan

04/12/2012 at 09:15

I did a 6 mile in the stop/start rain - took my hat & waterproof off about 3 times, as I get too warm, but don't want to get wet, then cold ..... still a NW virgin!

04/12/2012 at 12:32

Afternoon all,

Slightly overcast down our way so couldn't take advantage of the moonlight so it was on with the headtorches for us and the flashing lights collar for Rusty! 

Maths, say hello to my son if you see him at Nottingham Uni. He's about six foot and has brown hair so you can't miss him.

Birky, watch out for that frozen snow - it can be lethal!

PSC    pirate
04/12/2012 at 19:05

six foot and brown hair - can't miss him.... LOL - probaly accounts for about 40% of the student body!  

I love running in snow - get some aggressive trail shoes and you are laughing.  It's the crunch crunch crunch that really appeals to me.

Kate - LOL, I've been told not to share my moves as this is a 1 on 1 physio/patient thing.  Sounds a bit wierd if you ask me!!  Actually they are like advanced stretches. The best one though is to knee on a exercise ball without hanging on to anything.  So far I have nearly pulled the telly off the wall, nearly broken my desk, and have bruises all over from falling off the pigging thing!!  I WILL WIN THOUGH 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJKbP3GaVORZCW-M69EkS8VtGPdMBErmqOAyoIc_p5Jpr-yWPLrQ

04/12/2012 at 20:07

PSC - that sounds dangerous and looks impossible! you need to be surrounded by soft play stuff so you don't get hurt!

04/12/2012 at 21:29

Chirs: Was sliding on it when walking Geordie earlier this evening.

PSC    pirate
04/12/2012 at 22:09

cracked it....  bloomin hard work though!

05/12/2012 at 00:04
10k at 5.30am didn't feel cold!
05/12/2012 at 05:55

Morning you lot. 5M on the snow. Freezing again. Slippy on the pathways so ran most on the gras.

NW: Usual, 1 owl, 1 Kingsway Van, 2 llamas, 5 horses, 3 Large Christmas Trees.

PW:  1 car.

11,001 to 11,020 of 16,809 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.