Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,081 to 11,100 of 16,622 messages
10/12/2012 at 22:55

Evening everyone

Lunchtime run for me today, slowly building up the miles again.

NW - three sheepdogs being trained, I've seen them a few times now, they are lush!

Very exciting news (well for me anyway!) - a small group of us may be starting a running club in my home town!  We have our first meet on Monday to chat about logistics and get to meet people.  I hope it takes off, it will mean being able to be part of a club but still be close to home

Anways, night all!

11/12/2012 at 05:55

Morning from a very cold and frosty West of Scotland.

Couldn't ger logged on yesterday morninga t normal time.Later it was then a combination of going Christmas shopping and then e Christmas shopping ...

Anyway 5M Steadily done and thawing out.

NW: 1 owl who tutted away at me 3 Large Christmas Trees whose lights were looking very bright in frost. 1 Kingsmill Van (of course) 4 horses.

Catch up time now

PSC    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:21

brrrrrr... just up and too cold!  Anyway had physio and sports massage yesterday so feeling a bit bruised!

That is good news Dobster, its hard work running a small club, but I am sure very rewarding.

Hows the elbow Valis..?

Chris, could you pop round with some logs..I am running a bit low  The 2 axe set up is definitely the best.  For the bigger logs you need some wedges to split them too.

Morning everyone...    I'm heading back to bed I think with a large cuppa!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 06:21
11/12/2012 at 06:22

Morning psc:Yeah its very cold.

PSC    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:27

might take some kit to work... you never know, I might find a slot during the day.

11/12/2012 at 06:29

Dobster: Sounds 'a cunning plan' forming your own running club in your town.

Sills: You do seem to be enjoying SOC runs.

11/12/2012 at 07:23

Morning all - 4 miles again this morning, another short one as track tonight. Looks like tomorrow's marathon is off, I've had a bit of a dodgy ankle for a while but now there is a lump on it which is so visible I noticed it in the mirror at the gym . Would rather not risk it when it's not an important race. PSC, it's worth getting out there, lovely and fresh. Birky, all Christmas presents sorted then? Chris, I was thinking how quickly the moon has gone from full to a thin crescent, time is slipping away... Dobster, your own club sounds good, hope it all works out. Buffalo mitts get their first outing tonight, I shall report back.

11/12/2012 at 08:11

morning all

no soc for me today, feeling a bit stressed by everything this week so decided that sleep would be good, although I have come to work wound up so on balance the exercise might have been a better choice!

Kate - shame about tomorrow but look after your ankle

dobster - sounds good, I think the Run England website might be useful - I think they have help/advice for people setting up running groups. They might run courses for people to be run leaders as well. I miss going to my running group since I injured myself, don't want to go back until I feel a bit more confident about my knee though, I am hoping by new year I will be back to somewhere near where I was....although building up the mileage again is going to be tough and slow I think. I am wondering whether I will manage that April marathon after all, but can always change to the half marathon

11/12/2012 at 08:16

Morning all. 

A slow and steady 7miles xc this morning, the first time out with a head torch. Was great seeing the sky slowly light up, really did feel like I had the whole wolrd to myself

Have a good day everyone

11/12/2012 at 08:35

Good morning all

No run this morning as I wanted to be ready for delivery of my bike at 8 , good thing as well as I looked out the window at 6.45 to see van driver looking for  the door number he left Oldham at 2 in the morning and had already done 1 drop.

Kate, Look forward to your report, especially as I have championed them ,feel slightly nervous.

Psc, Graze no problem  but arm sore and bruised.

Dobster,Good luck hope you get your new club up and running 

11/12/2012 at 20:08

Evening

Cold all day as temp wasn't much above freezing.

Kate: Nope, but 2 boys now sorted. Going again tomorrow. Be careful with your ankle. 

sills: I've never run with a head torch.

11/12/2012 at 20:59

Evening all - valis, rest easy, the mitts are amazing. Completely surreal track session in the freezing fog with no lights, even the lights from the gym disappeared so were guided just by the track lines for 3 x 10 min reps. Got home and my hair was in icicles and shoes laces frozen but hands still warm. MC, it's hard when you have got out of your routine, it's a bad time of year to try and get back to normal. Birky, Jess Ennis book for Miss B?

11/12/2012 at 21:17

Kate: Sure is, along with T-shirt, poster, picture. She's wanting running trainers now too

11/12/2012 at 23:08

PSC - thanks for the heads up on the log splitting wedge thing; feel free to help yourself to some logs, I've got them coming out of my ears!!

Very cold out this morning but strangely there were several other headtorch wearing runners and dog walkers out on Hankley Common. Looks like it's going to be even colder tomorrow!

PSC    pirate
12/12/2012 at 05:50
Brrrrrrrr

Let's see what it's like out there.....
12/12/2012 at 06:05

Morning psc.I can tell you its very cold up here. I think about Minus 4. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

4M Steady as legs a bit tight. been clearing out old files etc at work most of last few days and continue till end of week

NW: 1owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 6 horses, 1 fox sprinting across a field. 2 llamas,

PW :1car.

12/12/2012 at 07:36

Morning all - 6.6 miles, 1 Hovis van 1 dog, and 2 sets of frozen eyelashes again. Apparently warm weather will be back for Friday. Off to the o2 tonight to see the Black Keys, so will be a SOC struggle tomorrow. Happy hump day.

PSC    pirate
12/12/2012 at 07:50

-6 here... brrrr (according to my patio thermometer anyway)!  8 miles done!  Beautiful out there... I saw millions of diamonds carpeting the road the verges, sparkling back at my torch light!    Woolly hat and gloves properly deployed!  No problem.

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 07:50
12/12/2012 at 07:56

morning

minus 3 and freezing fog here. The pavements were so icy when I was out last night I did soc turbo this morning instead of run, didn't really want to slip over and aggravate my knee just when I am starting back, will run on Friday when it will be raining instead

12/12/2012 at 08:19

Morning all, been away for a couple of days on software meetings

Treadmilled 6 yesterday, 7 today, -4.5 driving this morning brrrrr

11,081 to 11,100 of 16,622 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.