Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,101 to 11,120 of 15,598 messages
12/12/2012 at 08:19

Morning all, been away for a couple of days on software meetings

Treadmilled 6 yesterday, 7 today, -4.5 driving this morning brrrrr

12/12/2012 at 10:53

Morning all!

Thanks for the words of adviceand pleasantries about the running club, will let you know how we get on!

4.5M last night, stupidly got my other half to drop me off on the way home, thought the roads would be busier and the cars would light up the paths. Nope!  It was pretty much pitch black and I had no light.  I don;t consider myself to be a dumb blonde but that was the most stupid thing I have ever done!  Have added more high vis jackets and lights etc to my xmas list

3M this morning, it was -5, no NW but a beautiful morning!

How do you guys cope with icy pavements?

12/12/2012 at 12:36

I cope with icy pavements by not running on them. 90% of my runs are done off road so it's not a problem. 

Out this morning and it was -6c according to the car outside temp reading. NW zero but much evidence of spiders with hundreds of frozen cobwebs all over the heathland. 

12/12/2012 at 12:46

the pavements aren't normally a big problem - although for some reason they did seem very icy last night/this morning so I didn't run, but then, I am being overly cautious because of a knee injury. I can't remember many days last year when I didn't run due to ice. A bit of frost isn't normally slippy so not a problem.

for compacted snow you can get yaktraks which go on the bottom of your shoes, although I haven't actually used them

12/12/2012 at 13:24

It's hard to run off road around where I am, I am a bit of a wuss and amd too scared to run through the country when it's dark!

13/12/2012 at 05:35

Good morning all

6miles this morning,  -3c helped keep the pace up, a warm one after yesterdays lows

Nw nil guess all the creatures are trying to keeps warm.

Kate, Glad you like the mitts.

Dobster, Very carefully however never found icy paths to be a problem even going up and down hill.

Birky, Spotted a bread van this morning, it was a Heathrow bakeries lorry. I worked opposite their bakery from some years ago hence why I think I noticed it this morning.

Hi to all keep warm.

13/12/2012 at 06:19

Morning you lot

Been snowing lightly up here. So my usual Thurs fartlek done. Quite a decent run actually. No bread vans today unusually !

NW: 1 owl,5 horses, 1 fox, 2 llamas, 1 dog and 3 Large Christmas Trees ,

PW: 1 car,

Geordie is enjoying the cold and particularly the snow.

13/12/2012 at 08:05

morning all

minus 6 and more freezing fog, brr. No soc as it was a late night and another late night tonight and I am feeling very hassled and stressed. Need the exercise but I think sleep comes first at the moment to try to keep me sane.

smoke from a tanker fire mixed in with the fog this morning made for a scary drive to work

13/12/2012 at 08:11

Morning all, 7 miles completed by 6.20am today, bloomin cold, pretty as the light started to come up and not too icy.  No NW either for me, all life still wrapped up

13/12/2012 at 08:36

Morning all - no SOC for me, very late night and slept through the alarm. Big day for me today, handing my notice in after 7 years in my job - not quite as long as you birky - so will hopefully be on garden leave by this afternoon, yipee! Mild weather apparently back tomorrow so hopefully some NW for JF and not so slippy for Dobster. MC, was that the chemical tanker which shut the M6?

13/12/2012 at 08:40

no, some kind of tanker that shut the A617 near Mansfield - not quite as glamorous as the M6!

13/12/2012 at 10:41

No SOC for me but off for a mere 3.5M in a bit (early lunch).  It's cold out there today but still very pretty.  In 2 weeks I will be battling the heat in Australia for a month on a belated honeymoon.  Think I would prefer to run in the cold, although am excited about running along some beaches!! 

13/12/2012 at 13:29
Dobster wrote (see)

Think I would prefer to run in the cold, although am excited about running along some beaches!! 

I know where I'd rather be!

13/12/2012 at 15:33
Dobster wrote (see)

Think I would prefer to run in the cold, although am excited about running along some beaches!! 

Yes it will be a bugger having to run on hot sand

13/12/2012 at 15:38
Dobster wrote (see)

-4c in Farnham this morning although forecast to rise to a balmy 9 degrees tomorrow!

Edited: 13/12/2012 at 15:39
13/12/2012 at 16:04
Chris Oco wrote (see)
Dobster wrote (see)

-4c in Farnham this morning although forecast to rise to a balmy 9 degrees tomorrow!

Yes it's up to freezing already here

13/12/2012 at 17:19

dobster - australia will be amazing

looking forward to some warmer weather - my house has been totally freezing all week because we are having the windows done - the new windows look brill though

14/12/2012 at 06:23

Morning no SOC run as legs are very tight. Combination of Fartlek and clearing out lots of old files/paper at work. Was on my feet from 9-4 yesterday ! We've had so far, 50 full bags of old files thrown out !

Best shoes for grip in icy conditions I've ever had were a pair of Saucony Jazz 4000s and 5000s.

14/12/2012 at 06:24

Ops

Dobster: Enjoy Australia. 'Good Call' in the words of a certain Aussie Beer TV advert

PSC    pirate
14/12/2012 at 06:48
I hope you are recycling that paper Birky

Still in bed. Might run later. Work is dominating at the moment as we try to get stuff closed down for Christmas so I am looking forward to leave over the Christmas week.

Wet today (later). Deep joy!

Apparently there is a heat wave in Aus!
11,101 to 11,120 of 15,598 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.