Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,181 to 11,200 of 13,611 messages
02/01/2014 at 15:42

Sorry to hear that Kate ! What a nightmare start to your day .... hope it has got better.

Just did nice slow 5K+ with dog - off road plenty mud and water, both had a great time. Now must clean my shoes ready for tomorrow ... I'm trying to get back into a routine.

debrag - I try to run 4 times a week with one long run - if I get more it's great but I have to fit it in around work.

02/01/2014 at 16:25
Sorry to hear that Kate

is 7 days the wrong answer? I pretty much run or ride every single day and sometimes do both.
02/01/2014 at 16:31

kate - hope you are ok. What a horrible thing to happen

4 miles done, and gym session too. 

debrag - depends really, you don't want to overdo it and injure yourself, but less than 3 times a week wouldn't be enough to maintain/improve fitness really and you could end up demotivated. I guess it depends what your goals are too

02/01/2014 at 17:47

I'm with Gobi - 7 days for me!

03/01/2014 at 07:17

Sorry to hear the bad news Kate. Hope the shoulder is not too bad. 

PSC    pirate
03/01/2014 at 07:23

the lengths some people will go to to get a new laptop!!  No, seriously, I hope you are OK Kate.  Was anything else pinched as well?  My laptop bag has got everything in it (wallet, keys, family heirlooms, phone, ipad etc)!  I would be in real trouble if it was pinched.

debrag - run for fun and don't make it a task.  Nobody wants to go out after as long day at work.... Make 3 runs a week quality rather than junk miles and that will be more than enough.  If you can do everyday, then great, if you can't ... hang loose! 

Off to the dentist later - serious maddening toothache.   I've had it now for 2 nights and am tired!!  

Have a good one peeps..

Christmas all packed up in our house.  We don't like overdoing these things!

Edited: 03/01/2014 at 07:24
03/01/2014 at 07:53
I ran TWICE yesterday, must remember not to push myself too hard as I break :??)

Hr on the turbo at 0515 today, listening to the rain on the conservatory I was happy indoors watching England play cricket.(Not sure Cricket, England and happy belong in the same sentence)
PSC    pirate
03/01/2014 at 08:26
Lol. But we all know that the Dark Lord is a machine.
03/01/2014 at 08:27

Morning all - 4.5 hilly miles this morning, after 8 miles last night it feels like 6 weeks rather than 6 days I haven't run for, the price to pay for a ski break. Fortunately most of the important stuff was in my handbag, except the umbrella which means I got a proper soaking this morning. 7 days a week for me to, ideally twice a day.... PSC, ouch, hope it gets sorted. Chris, Godalming looks like it's a seaside town at the moment. Birky, how are you feeling working shifts, getting used to it yet?

PSC    pirate
03/01/2014 at 08:34
That was lucky. Perhaps I should get a man bag. No! Perhaps not!

Raining cats and dogs here. Sitting in M&S waiting for Halfords to open (it's next door) drinking tea. I'm getting some snow socks for the car. Not used them before but I'm too they are nearly as good as chains and much easier to put on and takeoff.
03/01/2014 at 08:49

Morning

just a few miles around the Bourne Woods this morning. Light rain and a bit windy but not too bad. Muddy though.

This was at the start of the Knacker Cracker on Wednesday...

Video

03/01/2014 at 08:52

morning all

PSC - hope your dentist can sort your out - not much in life is worse than toothache

are you expecting snow? I am hoping the mild weather is going to continue, yes the rain is a pain and the flooding awful, but I really don't like ice and snow

nothing yet - I have 2 hours later then the kids are fencing so I will go to the gym/for a run then. If I feel like it and the weather isn't too horrendous then there is a good hill behind the leisure centre I can run up and down

birky - how is the job going - is it permanent?

03/01/2014 at 11:55

Hi all,

((Kate)) Really sorry to hear about your attack

8 miles at NOC today. It was a glorious day but crickey - how many dogs were out there

Mathschick - well done on the 4 miler and the cross training!!

03/01/2014 at 13:35

I can't believe people in here are running 7 days a week, especially twice a day...is there a secret that people have to enjoying running or do you all hate it as much as i do?

03/01/2014 at 13:53

That's the problem Simon, we love it and now we're addicted....

03/01/2014 at 14:29

Going to start some morning runs, hope i enjoy them as much as most of you seen to! will let you know if i do.

Training for Edinburgh Marathon 2014.

03/01/2014 at 14:39
running/riding/gym - I will often train 3 or 4 times a day
03/01/2014 at 16:07

simon - I love it even though I am rubbish at it, it keeps me sane and helps me deal with stress (work/kids/husband...) I always feel better for having run...I often train more than once a day too...but not as much as gobi.... I will often run in the morning then swim training in the evening or turbo/bike/gym in the evening

04/01/2014 at 08:22

morning

those are long hours you are working birky

off to spinning then swimming this morning

it is still really dark outside

04/01/2014 at 10:15

Good morning all 

10 miles inc park run, a little damp out today. 

11,181 to 11,200 of 13,611 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.