Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,221 to 11,240 of 16,783 messages
25/12/2012 at 07:26
Good morning all
7 miles in the pouring rain avoiding items left strewn about by last nights revellers such as road cones, road traffic signs and a mattress .
NW 1 fox. OR 2 swapped merry Christmases .
Hope you all have a good day and you get all you want .
25/12/2012 at 07:31

Morning you lot and a Merry Christmas

valis: Merry Christmas Great win for Blues on Sunday  8-0 eh

Loaded with cold so no run, just walked Geordie

25/12/2012 at 07:33

Merry Christmas to you too psc

25/12/2012 at 07:38

Morning all.

I'm off out for a 22+miler this morning,why did I enter a winder marathon at the end of Januray!! Last long run before it tho, but not looking foward to 3-4h in the rain tho.

Still chirtmas dinner afterwards should get me though it, waiting for a bit more light, my planed route runs out of streetlights after 45mins.

Happy you all have a good hristmans and enjoy any runs your doing.

25/12/2012 at 07:48

Morning phil: Merry Christmas and have  a good long run and enjoy your Christmas dinner.

25/12/2012 at 08:11
Morning BIrky 8-0 early Xmas present . Hope your cold doesn't spoil your day.
25/12/2012 at 09:44

morning all

didn't want to get up earlier than the kids, as I bet they were both lying awake waiting for sounds of life so they could get up! So I'll have a rest day today and run tomorrow.

Have a great Christmas everyone

25/12/2012 at 20:14

Merry Christmas all.

Wasn't going to run this morning but Rusty had to go out for his exercise and it was chucking it down so I decided that it would be easier and more economical on the clothes drying front to grab my running kit and do a quick 4  miles before present unwrapping. Not surprisingly, I was the only one out on Hankley Common - NW 1 deer, 1 crow, lots of puddles!

25/12/2012 at 20:47

Evening all - Happy Christmas. 6 miles for me in the biblical conditions, amazing storm. Hope you all have a great day, I don't think I'll be in Hindhead Chris as I can't persuade my brother, he has forgotten his trainers on purpose.

25/12/2012 at 20:52

I won't be there either, Kate. Going for an extended hike with Jenny and Rusty and then back home for more festivities! 

26/12/2012 at 08:41

morning

decided to save my run for this afternoon - was enjoying the feeling of just lying in bed and will also need a break from the family by this afternoon!

27/12/2012 at 08:55

morning

I got my evening run yesterday

no soc again today, but am going to the gym later and will probably swim tonight

27/12/2012 at 08:58

Good morning all, well done to all of you who got out on Xmas Day.  I waited till Boxing Day for an early sneak out without waking anybody, 10 miles at general aerobic pace, about 8.20ish miling for me.  Felt rubbish when I started through definitely over  indulging Xmas Day, but felt great a couple of miles in.

27/12/2012 at 09:34

Morning.still not running as still got this lurgy.

Got Seb Coe autobiorgraphy and MissB has had a Jess Ennis Christmas.  Book Framed autographed photo and T-Shirt, She got her first pair of  'proper' running shoes too.

Hope you're all good.

Edited: 27/12/2012 at 09:35
PSC    pirate
27/12/2012 at 09:35

snuck out at 7ish for a sneaky 12 miler.   As predicted it rained at 8am.  I got wet!  God I hate it when the forecast is correct!!!  Comfy pace on a mostly hilly run (with a bit off road just to see how a muddy mile would feel in roadies - oddly enough, zero grip!  Who would have thought it...

I'm on a campaign to lose 10% or my body weight in as short a time as I can bear...  the cakes and chocolate have all gone in the bin. 

Physio later. I wonder if my hip has rotated back into the correct allignment.

Morning gang...

27/12/2012 at 09:35

Morning psc.

27/12/2012 at 09:39

birky - hope you are feeling better soon

PSC - hmm, I need to lose an extra stone or two. Two would put me at my ideal racing weight, one would leave me looking good but still slightly heavy. Not prepared to be too drastic though as I know I woudn't stick to it

wondering whether a half marathon in Feb would be a good idea. I had already put in for a marathon in April - I guess if I can manage the feb half it will be an indication of whether I will manage the april marathon or whether I'll have to drop back to the half in April

27/12/2012 at 09:42

Maths: Cheers

PSC    pirate
27/12/2012 at 10:02
Birky, sorry xposted with you. Hope you get over that lurgy quickly.

Maths, a half in Feb would be a great idea if you have a mara in April. And maybe even a 20 in late feb/early march.
27/12/2012 at 13:18

had thought about a 20 miler -there is one at Ashby in Leicestershire that is popular (might have sold out) but I need to be careful about not pushing too much with the knee I think. I'll check out the date of the Ashby one and see if there are still places.

I think the cycling i am doing should really help, I know it is not run specific but I should notice an increase in my overall fitness and lose some lard which will all help

11,221 to 11,240 of 16,783 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.