Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,241 to 11,260 of 16,626 messages
27/12/2012 at 15:28

Hi all, did a quick-ish 10k road run with my son last night so took it easy this morning and had an easy 5 mile jog around the MOD at Hankley. Lost Rusty at one point and then noticed him way off in the distance, a good half mile away, running along behind another runner! Lots of shouting and blowing of the whistle and eventually he spotted me and found his way back! Stupid dog!!!

28/12/2012 at 08:20

Morning all, are you all sleeping in?

Gentle 5 miler this morning, very polite start to the day, NW 3 cats.

28/12/2012 at 08:43

morning

rest day, unless taking the kids to a pool with slides and wave machine counts for anything!

28/12/2012 at 08:51

MC I am assuming you are doing this later, deep respect if you  have got the kids to the pool already

28/12/2012 at 08:52

it doesn't open till 10, the fight will be to get them dressed - they were up at 7 playing on the PS3 - it would probably be earlier but there is a strict 'not before 7' rule

28/12/2012 at 08:56

SOC PS3 

28/12/2012 at 09:12

Morning

I'm still loaded with this cold.

28/12/2012 at 11:18

Hi All, hope you all had a great Christmas!

I haven't done any SOC runs for a while - they have all been lunch/evening runs. Plan to get back to SOC runs again in the New Year especially as I was given a very nice lightweight high vis jacket and back light for Christmas.

Just go to get some reaces booked up for 2013 to provide the added incentive.

29/12/2012 at 07:58
Morning L&G

5 miles barefoot along the beach. Splashing through the gentle waves on Pangkor Island.

Definitely overdid it. Feel decidedly queasy!
29/12/2012 at 08:58

5:30 - sounds like a lovely run

totally failed to get up and out for parkrun due to not sleeping much last night, but am planning gym and turbo for later

29/12/2012 at 10:52

Morning you lot

29/12/2012 at 11:17

Morning!

Very windy here this morning but less muddy than of late. Legs were a bit heavy today after a double session yesterday with hill reps in the afternoon at the Devil's Jumps. Looking forward to the Knacker Cracker on NY's day but can't decide on fancy dress - might have to dig out the gorilla suit again!!

30/12/2012 at 08:30

Good morning all

14 miles this morning  a clear skies here which made made it nice and fresh this morning. Yesterday 7 miles inc Park Run.

Good to see everyone is still circulating despite the festive fare which is so abundant at the moment. For thiose intrested in motorbikes or the TT one of my presents was a dvd  of Closer to the edge which I am hoping to watch maybe later today depending on kick off times. Features the colourful Guy Martin who you might of seen on the boat that guy built or how britain worked. the trailers not bad either

closer to the edge

Have a good one everyone.

30/12/2012 at 09:41

morning all

beautiful morning here, timed it just right when I went out to see the full moon and also the sunrise

5.25 miles, knee not very happy though

30/12/2012 at 20:45

Hi all,

Run/bike/row today. Feeling pleasantly tired and about to have a curry and watch 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' DVD. 

Valis - just watched the trailer - looks like an awesome film. Those guys must be crazy!! Have you seen Senna?

Maths - take it easy on that knee.

31/12/2012 at 08:01

Morning from a very wet and windy West of Scotland.

Lurgy is beinning to  lift, at last !

Just out walking geordie and saw a Kingsmill Van

PSC    pirate
31/12/2012 at 08:19
Morning Birky.... Good news on the virus! Don't rush back though and relapse.

I did a tad over 12 yesterday in the sun and am thinking " off road" today.

Valis, cool looking film. I never made it to the IOM but am amazed by the bravery of the guys that rude there.

We watched "looking for the Sugarman" last night. Amazing. Worth a watch.

Chris, you are defo a bit nuts.

Maths, look after that knee. I'm curious. Which knee us it and what is your normal running surface?

Morning gang.
Edited: 31/12/2012 at 08:21
31/12/2012 at 08:46

morning

valis - just watched the trailer, does look like a good film. I am not into motorbikes (too much of a scaredy cat), but can understand why people would be!

PSC - it is my left knee and I generally run on pavement at this time of year - too dark for me to go off road most of the time. I have a physio appointment on Wednesday anyway so I'll talk to him about it. I'll probably try a shorter run tomorrow. MIght just do a gentle spin in the gym today - got to be there for an hour while younger son is doing pedal go-karting anyway. 

PSC    pirate
31/12/2012 at 09:14

I was wondering whether the camber of running along the side of a road might be a contributer.  Pavement, FWIW is the worst sort of running surface.  It is so hard... hope the physio can help you with answers.

I have new off roaders and it's muddy out there...  see ya all later

31/12/2012 at 09:24

the pavement here is mainly asphelt so not as bad as concrete I am guessing. Could be the camber isn't good. 

tomorrow I'll probably go a little later so I can go on a trail instead, OH will be off work so can look after the kids

I still feel very unfit when I try to run

11,241 to 11,260 of 16,626 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.