Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,261 to 11,280 of 16,787 messages
31/12/2012 at 13:53

Out this morning for an invigourating run in gale force winds and cold, stinging rain! Certainly blew away the cobwebs!

And just finished watching the 'Closer to the Edge' film. Excellent film-making and great characters so worth a watch even if you're not into bikes.

Not sure what to do for the rest of the day...

Edited: 31/12/2012 at 15:55
PSC    pirate
31/12/2012 at 19:09

Maths, good idea doing a trial session.  Leave the tech at home and just run comfortably.  Pace is not relevant when off road.  The softer ground will cause less impact to you, but you need to be cautious of the twisting... so take it nice and easy and just enjoy the mud.

Chris, I am into bikes so am keen to watch that.  I did watch Bicycle Dreams over Christmas - a chilling insight into the race across America!

01/01/2013 at 08:34

Morning all and a Happy New Year, working day for me today but a rest for the legs after consecutive 13 miles and 10 miles over the last two days, all at NOC.  Will be an SOC recovery run tomorrow.

01/01/2013 at 08:42

Happy New Year to all SOCers

Morning JF and a Happy New Year to you

Need to catch up on events. Lurgy just about gone(hopefully). Wet and windy again when walking Geordie.

01/01/2013 at 08:45

Morning Birky glad to hear you are on the repair.  Bright and sunny down here today.  I think a few less miles run of late over the last week or so from most of the SOCers, some will still be crazy things though.

01/01/2013 at 08:47

Morning JF: Cheers, yeah been frustrated not running due to this lurgy ! Defo not sunny up here unfortunately.

PSC    pirate
01/01/2013 at 09:09

Happy New Year folks... feeling a bit bleary eyed here... and have an itchy throat.  Grrrrrrrrr

01/01/2013 at 10:39

Good morning and Happy New Year to you all

8 miles this morning inc park run.

Chris, Glad you enjoyed Closer to the edge, Haven't seen senna yet but aim to.

Birky, hope you your back  to full health soon

Psc ,hope that does not develop in to something worse

Maths, Careful with that knee.

01/01/2013 at 10:48

Happy New Year psc and valis.

01/01/2013 at 12:18
SOC run for me this morning at 5.30 which was cut short at 5.5 miles due to the number of drunken people still staggering about. I felt a bit vulnerable to say the least lol. Silly idea to run at that time on New Years day i suppose!
01/01/2013 at 13:43

Happy New Year to you all

4 mile run this morning, knee not too bad. Couldn't go proper;ly off road because the fields are like swamps, so restricted to the trail that is a disused railway. Followed that with a family walk in Sherwood Forest. Lovely morning

birky - glad to hear you are on the mend. PSC - hope you aren't getting the lurgy now

01/01/2013 at 13:51

Oooh, mathschick, I'm not far from Sherwood Forest!  I go to Sherwood Pines quite a lot on the MTB.  Love it

01/01/2013 at 13:53

oh you must live fairly close then! We were planning on taking the bikes to Sherwood Pines today, but in the end thought the mud might be too bad - not just to bike in but to clean off the car and the kids afterwards None of us are technical mountain bikers, so we would probably be all over the place

01/01/2013 at 13:55

I'm definitely not technical lol.  Just love having fun on the trails, am very much a beginner at that as well.  Nice cycle route from Vicar Water through to Clumber Park that me, hubby and son have done a few times too.  Bet it's nice for a run around those trails.

01/01/2013 at 13:58

is that along the cycle route 6? I quite fancy cycling a portion of that one day. 

01/01/2013 at 14:01

Yes that's the one.  I don't live far from Vicar Water and we get onto the route from there, just near the bridge.  Very nice scenic route on fire roads with only a couple of roads to cross the whole way to Clumber.  I think it's about 10 miles or so from Vicar Water.

01/01/2013 at 14:04

sounds like a good route, and the cafe at Clumber is a good way to tempt the kids. Need to get them into training, we are all going to do the Great Notts bike ride 25 mile option in the summer. Youngest is only 8 so I think we need to build him up to it!

01/01/2013 at 14:06

My lad is 15 and needs a lot of dragging away from the Playstation just get him out on the bike ha ha!

I've plucked up the courage to enter myself in the RW Trailblazer 10k at Clumber this year.  Never done a race before and it was one of my New Year resolutions, so just got to get over the nerves and get there now.

01/01/2013 at 14:08

I did it last year and it was great - I am pretty slow, but as you all set off in waves it didn't really matter. Well organised and loads of freebies. Not sure how it falls with the other things I am doing this year, but I might do it again

01/01/2013 at 14:08

Oooh, sounds good.  Hopefully you will get there then!  Am doing it solo so I really do need to get my courage up lol.

11,261 to 11,280 of 16,787 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.