Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,321 to 11,340 of 16,784 messages
06/01/2013 at 11:45

Morning - 11 slow miles for me, lots of OR out there keeping up the new year's resolutions here too. Debating a swim later, did 1K last night for the first time, a lot more improvement to go.

06/01/2013 at 22:06
Hi all! Only just managing to get on the Internet out here in Oz. haven't got much time so can't read through what you have all been up to, apologies if this post comes across a bit all about 'me me me'!

Am doing far better than I thought with the running here. Have been out here for 13 days and ran evey day for the first 6 days. In the last week I have managed to complete the first week of my marathon training plan without fail. It's really surprised me! Getting out and running has given me opportunities to see more places and also sometimes to get out and suss the local area before my OH gets up!

NW - can't do it for each separate run but so far I have seen cockatoos, kangaroos, seagulls, kookaburras and lots more! No snakes to report as yet, thank god! Went for a beautiful long run yesterday for 8 miles along a beach that runs for 17 km apparently. Can't upload the photos I took but will try to when I get home. It's a place called Robe in South Australia if anyone is interested!

Anyways just wanted to say thanks to those who gave support when I was questioning how I could run on holidays. Also happy new year to you all, I hope your running goes from strength to strength this year. I look forward to getting home in a couple of weeks and being able to check in here more regularly.

Xx
06/01/2013 at 22:11

not jealous at all

06/01/2013 at 23:16

nor me!!

07/01/2013 at 06:22

Morning, 3 easy miles.

First run in over 2 weeks.Cold/lurgy just about away.

Good to be back out again. NW: 1 owl who tutted away at me (well hooted ) 1 KingsmilVan, 2 cyclists, 3 Large Christmas Trees which I reckon will be gone today/tomorrow.

Need to catch up. Back to work today...

Tommygun2    pirate
07/01/2013 at 06:37

Morning

First run of the year first SOC of the year.

So Happy New Year to everyone.

I haven't run for about five weeks due to a coupe of things, first I had bit of an injury I could not shake off, secondy my wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer just before christmas. This has turn our live upside down and running was the last thing on my mind, we seem to have come to terms with the situation a bit now and after talking to the consultnats and doctors we feel a bit better about the situation. Mu wife is keeping a very brave face on about it especially with the children.

She has surgery next week so once that is done it is al about recovery.

07/01/2013 at 06:57

Morning all - not running until 8.30 as I have a coaching session this morning. Dobster, put me on the jealous list. TG, what difficult news for you and Mrs TG to deal with. I hope everything goes well with the surgery next week and she is on the road to recovery soon.

PSC    pirate
07/01/2013 at 07:28

nice little recovery run done in the mist/dark!

Thoughts and prayers go to Mrs TG.  Have fun later Kate.

Dobster, that trip sounds horrible! Would rather be home in the cold and wet

Good to be back Birky....

Morning everyone

07/01/2013 at 07:51

morning all

rest day, and first day back at work

Tommy -sorry to hear the news, difficult times ahead, but hopefully she will come through it all well.

bet it is good to be back birky

07/01/2013 at 08:20

Sorry to hear your sad news, best thoughts and wishes to Mrs T and yourself.

07/01/2013 at 09:17

Morning all,

Sorry to hear your news TG.  Thought are with you both.

Dobster, that sound terrific - but why isn't your text coming through upside down?

This weekends runs consisted of 3.5miles Saturday, with a mile out and a mile back in at 5k pace; Then Sunday was a 10miler - now, I thought I was listening to Run Free (Audiofuel mid intensity workout), only to find after an hour "that concludes the first hour of your high intensity long run...." - I'd put the wrong tracks on my iPod, hence finding it such hard work and why I did 10miles averaging 7.25m/mi.  That meant today's recovery run was only 2.8miles not 4 and a leasurely 8.48min/mi

07/01/2013 at 09:41

TG so sorry to hear your news, hoping for a full and speedy solution.

Chris O good weekend miles.  Dobster that NW is way too exotic, what's wrong with squirrels and pigeons? Birky good to get those first miles in. PSC consistent and persistent training. Enjoy your later session Kate. Hi Valis.

Weekend saw my year clock tickover one more year, to 59, think I might be the oldest on this thread? Celebrated yesterday with a 14 miler medium long run, pace pretty much where my programme wants it.  Did go out for lunch afterwards, very nice restaurant in Colchester.

Have a good week all.

07/01/2013 at 16:15

Tommy - sorry to hear the news. Hoping your wife makes a full and speedy recovery.

Shortish run for me this morning. Dark and misty. NW 1 owl, one mouse. 

Happy Birthday JF50. 

08/01/2013 at 06:18

Morning another 3 miles done in smiry rain.

TG: Sorry to hear of your news.

JF50: Belated Happy Birthday.

Back at work yesterday and we're on countdown to finishing up on 31st March !

Dobster: Enjoy 'Down Under' as I'm sure you are.

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 06:18
08/01/2013 at 06:35

Good Morning all

10 miles this morning very warm and dry, it felt like a hard slog today ,still a little achey from Sunday. plenty to see this morning though.

Nw 1 fox ,2 rabbits cuaght in my head light beam, 2 dogs with owner OR 1 PW 1 van. 2 cyclists 1 of which ninja

JF50, Happy birthday.

08/01/2013 at 06:44

Morning valis. Good win at Southampton on Sat

PSC    pirate
08/01/2013 at 07:22

more birthday wishes to JF50..

Went out for a little plod but stabby pain in R knee.  Must have slept badly on it as I don't think that I've knocked or twisted it.  Will rest a bit and see what happens.

Morning Team.

08/01/2013 at 07:30

morning Birky ands Psc

Psc, hope knee is ok

Birky,yes good win and good start for Ba, getting tickets today or tomorrow for wigan game taking my youngest nephew as his xmas present.

V4D
08/01/2013 at 07:32

Hi,

Can anyone join in? 

I much prefer getting up at 5.30 and running than going out at any other time. I'm lucky enough to like by a lake so there's always loads to see and hear in the morning. Just a nice easy 2 miles today, it was lovely out .

08/01/2013 at 07:40

V4d welcome

11,321 to 11,340 of 16,784 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.