Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,361 to 11,380 of 13,609 messages
20/01/2014 at 12:22

birkmyre: He's a tan and white coloured border collie.  I take him with me when I run in Southampton common but I can't run with him on the lead round the streets because he pulls and hurts my back - it would be ok if I could run 30 mile per hour!!

20/01/2014 at 14:15

Jo - he must love running if he's a collie! Do you have a picture to share (same question to Birky).

Have you looked into a harnass and elasticated lead? we have one for our husky and it works a treat

20/01/2014 at 15:32

Emmy - having trouble with pictures, will try and put a couple on later.  I do use a harness for him but he still pulls, I have tried all sorts to stop him pulling, he's just so excited to be going out (no matter how many times we take him out in 1 day) he is always the same!!   I'm not sure an elastic lead would be a good idea for him, I could see us getting into all sorts of tangles!!

20/01/2014 at 16:56

evening

nothing for me this morning, but swimming tonight - haven't managed to get to a Monday night since before xmas so I am making a special effort to get there tonight

Emmy - well done and the weekend and that is a good goodie bag

5:30 - well done to you too

20/01/2014 at 23:53

Rusty!!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/img_5009.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/img_3956.jpg?width=350

21/01/2014 at 06:07

Morning all - particularly the late night SOCers, T25 done, now working out whether I have time for a swim before heading to TG and PSC's part of the world in Kent.

21/01/2014 at 06:29

Good morning all 

10 miles this morning cold and foggy could be worse.

Nw 2 foxes, 3 cats 

Kate, Sundays run was hard ,still a little tired and tender in the legs but want to keep the mileage up. Was going to start the T25 yesterday but still a little stiff so hopefully next week.

Birky ,Cheers but still quantity rather than quality at the moment, good win last night in your neck of the woods too. 

Chris good pictures.

Tommygun2    pirate
21/01/2014 at 07:13

Morning  Foggy 4.45  miles run done.

Saw one other runner but no wildlife....

I have been out of the loop for a while so no idea what you are all up to

21/01/2014 at 08:28

Chris - what a lovely dog! He looks adorable!

Mathschick - thank you! How are you getting on?

Valis - well done on the run. I think a few of us struggle with quantity over quality.

Kate F - Have fun in Kent!

Birky - Yes please!

Jo -I have issues sometimes as well posting pictures. It's a real pain the picture feature isnt easier to use

6 miles this morning for me. Legs are still a little tender after this weekends double but feeling back to normal "ish" 

21/01/2014 at 08:41
Nothing for me today as I ride track tonight

Still up at 0545 mind you
21/01/2014 at 12:00

Morning all

Chris - Rusty is gorgeous.

Was out at 6.30 this morning ran 4m, saw 3 other joggers and dustman.

I know this is probably a stupid question but what does NW: and T25 stand for, please excuse my ignorance!!

21/01/2014 at 12:54

Jo - NW stands for Nature Watch so generally any wildlife spotted while out running but this has been extended to other include non-nature spots such as bread vans(?) ninja cyclists (dressed in black and no lights), post office vans etc (just about anything of interest!). DW stands for Dead Watch so any dead thing - birds, foxes, squirrels etc
There's also PW - Plod Watch, ZW - Zombie Watch (which I suppose might also come under DW) and some others that  I can't remember.

Anyway..

Out this morning in the fog and came across a film crew setting up for some filming on the same location as the Skyfall set. They looked freezing and quite surprised to see a couple of runners and a dog emerging from the mist! 

NW - nothing as it was too misty!

21/01/2014 at 13:16

Jo PW is the police type of plod, not a slow runner. T25 is an American workout DVD that valis has got me hooked on, 25 minutes of jumping and prancing around in my garage (other venues are allowed).

21/01/2014 at 17:53

evening all

nothing this morning as although I set my alarm I had forgotten to change the time of the alarm - it was on 6:30 from Sunday still. Oh well, off to running club tonight despite the cold and the feeling I would rather be on the sofa!

swimming last night was good,, specially as I didn't feel like going and the Monday one is my least favourite of the week

PSC    pirate
22/01/2014 at 07:32
Morning all.... Am I the first up? It's piddling down so lazy start to the day and run later if I can manage it.

Did you enjoy your trip south Kate?
22/01/2014 at 07:42

Morning all - I was up at 4.30 PSC despite being on holiday today, Gran Canaria here I come. T25, 4 miles recovery after a hard track session last night, bit of packing then off for a swimming lesson. Kent was very foggy and I didn't explore much further than 200 yards from the station! Happy hump day all.

22/01/2014 at 07:43
LOL PSC I don't post before my run but 11 miles done before 6.45 including a steady effort at one of the local climbs just because I can.

The only thing of note I saw on my run was the pretty girl we see every Wednesday :??)

I don't do nature
22/01/2014 at 09:24

Kate - have a great holiday! (not at all jealous)

Gobi - were you the devilshly handsome cyclist that i saw at 5am this morning

Mathschick - well done on getting out there!

Out for 6 miles this morning.

NW: 1 dog, 2 donkeys, 5 cyclists (and i'm sure one was Gobi).

22/01/2014 at 11:46

Hi all, not posted on this thread before... copied post from another thread (sorry). 

What do you earlybirds think about my plan of starting at 0345 on Sunday to complete 2:15 before 6am when wife goes to work and I am the parent.  Not sure it's sensible but I could do with trying it this week before the next 11! 

Also poor weather forecast for Sun PM so it should be win/win by getting it done early and avoiding the rain and by the time she returns it will be at least 1600 maybe 1700 when I can never muster any enthusiasm to run.. thoughts please!

22/01/2014 at 14:08

Chris, KateF: Thanks for clarifying the abbreviations for me.

KateF: Enjoy your holiday, lucky you some winter sun!!

Birkmyre: Owls are so cute, what colour is he?

11,361 to 11,380 of 13,609 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.