Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,361 to 11,380 of 16,416 messages
09/01/2013 at 08:29
Morning folks - 6 miles with some off road muddy bits with the head torch. 1 Hovis van 1 Warburtons van 1 dog 1 x OR. PSC, 30 mins of lunches, my kind of exercise. Valis, prepping the legs for another pb at park run? What early morning class is at your gym v4d, we only have one early spin class a week. MC, your knee probably appreciated the rest. Happy hump day all, I shall see whether the owl responds to being called Rupert later.
09/01/2013 at 08:34

Morning all.  Busy day V4D even if the bed seems too attractive this morning.  Pace turning back up Birky.  Yes that is consistently early Valis and good 5 miles. PSC I think you might mean lunges, lunches so early is just wrong!  Good session last night Kate.

8 and a bit miles for me this morning with 10 x 100metre sprints.  Good time to run them, not too many people wondering what that crazy old guy is doing.  Think I surprised just one paper boy as I "flew" past him.

NW two cats one shetland pony, 2 x dog walkers.. Enjoy the day

09/01/2013 at 10:50

No early morning for me today - for the 1st time I've got someone looking at/helping me out with my training and he's setting me a week by week plan (for the Blackpool marathon) which didn't have me down to run this morning!  

So what events have folks got lined up?

09/01/2013 at 13:19

I find it much easier and quieter to go out arounf 5.30-6am, currently building up to GMM in April, just a shame that winter prevents the runs along the canal towpath

Have tried running in evenings but feel less motivated after a day at work

I do feel tired sometimes getting up at the "crack of" to go for run 4 times a week but on the other hand I get back from the run ready for the day ahead. I treat myself to a "lie in" on a Saturday and go for my shortest run of the week around 7.30

Ironically if I go out at lunchtime, I run much faster times but I guess that's down to the pressure of having to be changed,out,showered and back in, within a fixed amount of time, so that I don't get in trouble at work

Also trying to shake off a cold that I've had for the last couple of weeks that seems to have affected performance and times somewhat

PSC    pirate
09/01/2013 at 18:30
PSC wrote (see)
30 mins of lunches

did i really say that?

09/01/2013 at 20:55

5.30am 11k, found it easy but I was slow!

V4D
09/01/2013 at 21:19
Well I managed a killer class called Dream Body Workout which should be renamed Demon Bloody Workout. I literally felt sick when I finished but also managed a 5k run with Sweatshop group after work.
Rest day tomorrow so half hour lie in .

Happy running.
10/01/2013 at 06:05

Mornnig

4M Steadily done. Gradual progress. Dry, cold no wind when out. Just looke dout window and its suddenly very foggy !

NW: 1 owl, 3 large Christmas Trees, 1 Kingsmill Van1 digger, 1 roller (to roll tarmac) . 4 horses,

PW: 1 car

Welcome rockinrobin

10/01/2013 at 07:52

morning

welcome rockinrobin and thesianz

frosty and very foggy here. I think the cold made me speed up a bit. Did 4.3 miles, and tried doing it as a structured run/walk to give my knee a bit of a break and foam rollered when I got back

10/01/2013 at 08:27

Morning all - 7.5 miles for me this morning with the headtorch dusted off again. NW 3 dogs and a Hovis van. No owls called Rupert or otherwise. Welcome along Robin. John, we did have a race list for last year, we'll have to kick another one off. Spin class later this morning then first round of ironman testing tomorrow, so no SOC as I need to be rested. Have a good day everyone.

10/01/2013 at 14:49

Love an early morning  run, the india cricket tour that england have just been on has been extra motivation!

about to go on a afternoon run after first week back at school- feeling tired, hopefully the brief cycle home and change will spur me on!

11/01/2013 at 05:53

Morning you lot

4M Steadily done. Dry and cold. No fog, mind you it lasted most of day here yesterday.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 horses, 1 cyclist.

11/01/2013 at 06:21

Morning birky - no SOC for me as resting before my day of testing today.

11/01/2013 at 06:32
Morning L&G

Will restart my running on Sunday. Jarred my left knee on a parasail landing last week. Finally recovered.

Tommygun, you and your wife have my best wishes. My wife had cancer 15 years ago (in her 20s) and fully recovered. The Doctors will win the medical battle but just as important is to stay strong mentally. Good Luck.
11/01/2013 at 06:43

Morning Kate and 5.30.

PSC    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:48

morning all.... 

Running later so heading into work now.  Had a brilliant session with the Fiz last night and think we might be getting somewhere with my back.  Right hand Psoas is almost certainly to blame along with a long standing instability of the hips... in particular on the left causing lower back pain on the left hand side.  It doesn't affect my running but does limit bike mobility and power.

5:30... you and I need to pass on some of this quick knee healing abilty to Maths.  Mine is sorted too, but her knee has troubled her for ages. 

Kate - good luck with your tests...

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 06:51
11/01/2013 at 07:46
PSC, I've been using some Jointace gel which I had leftover from a previous injury. It's very good. Oh, and cod liver oil capsules.

The secret's out!
11/01/2013 at 07:55

morning

jointace gel? never heard of it but I will try it - can you get it in boots? cod liver oil too?

no soc for me as I seemed unable to sleep and have a full hectic day at school. Not that I spent the time between 5 and 6 am sleeping but never mind

welcome David

11/01/2013 at 08:03
Maths, I bought it from Lloyds pharmacy, so probably available in Boots.
11/01/2013 at 08:20

thanks, I'll have a look this week - worth trying

11,361 to 11,380 of 16,416 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.