Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,401 to 11,420 of 15,577 messages
V4D
13/01/2013 at 14:04

Test all sound really interesting Kate - I love stuff like that.

How much snow have you had mathschick? We just had a quick flurry with nothing staying on the ground.

8.2 miles yesterday morning in the light snow - my longest run since my knee injury last year so all good so far. A quick 1.5m in the frost this morning - boy was it cold but beautiful out. Loads of wildlife on the lake, far to may to list and most of whose name I don't know. I'll need to take my bird book next time

13/01/2013 at 14:13

not much snow really, more forecast for tonight, but I doubt whether it will be enough to close the schools (damn)

13/01/2013 at 15:16
Afternoon all, 16 miles for me, no snow but brrrrrr. You must have been chilly yesterday valis. Chris, pub shut, outrageous! V4D, why not go the whole hog and camoflague yourself in a hide, might slow you down a bit. TG, where are you off to next, can you bring back some warm weather?
13/01/2013 at 16:44

Late to this discussion, but getting up early this morning in the frost for a long run was just lovely. So so pretty. People do look at you like you're mad being out early in this weather but it's just so pretty and peaceful!

13/01/2013 at 18:20

Evening..

Out for about 6 mile this morning and a biting easterly wind to blow away the cobwebs. Loads of squaddies lurking in the woods and down in the valley where the Skyfall house was. Also.. 2 horses, 4 other runners, several dog walkers and a gold medal winning Paralympian with her dog Whisper!! 

14/01/2013 at 06:02

Morning, lots to catch up on I see.

4M Steadily done in the rain.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Beer Keg, 1 cyclist

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 06:04
PSC    pirate
14/01/2013 at 07:11

morning Birky..

Fresh snow falling in Kent with about an inch settled up where we are on the North Downs. Had roadies on so was a bit slippy and therefore just did a couple of miles.  Might have another plod at lunchtime to get the old blood going for the week and a sports massage this evening.  Not a soul in our village up at this hour   

Morning peeps.  I need to read back as well.

PSC    pirate
14/01/2013 at 07:18

sounds like lots going on..

I got some joint ace as a freebee after a race, but never did use it.  I might go and look for it! 

Kate, I did a load of testing 2 years ago as part of a uni study.  Different circumstances, i was one of the guinnea pigs, but I did benefit from free testing and analysis -BUT, I really struggled knowing how to make best use of the data and as a consequence prbably carried on doing all the wrong things!

Definitely agree about the marshalling comment - it's exhausting!

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 07:18
14/01/2013 at 08:08

morning all

rest day for me

snow here, enough to make driving to work difficult but not enough for school to be closed, damn!! More expected this morning, so getting home might be very difficult, I hate this weather!

14/01/2013 at 08:15

Morning..

Out for an hour on the trails this morning but spent 20 minutes searching for the dog in the dark and snow. Reckon he must have got disorientated and run off in the wrong direction. He finally turned up after lots of shouting and whistling and standing around getting cold in shorts and t-shirt. Only just starting to warm up now!

14/01/2013 at 08:31

Morning all - just 5 miles this morning as I'm going out for a run with my brother tonight, I think it will be his first training run pre Brighton marathon this year. Forgot to mention my DW yesterday, a very fancy looking chicken. Chris, shorts and t shirt, you are hardcore. PSC and MC, you have more snow than me, just a small dusting here.

14/01/2013 at 08:59

Phew a busy weekend for all.  I shifted my long run to Saturday, 15 miles all went to plan and pace, though the slow first 5 miles was hard keeping it slow enough.  Sunday had a great lunch cooked by one of my girls and an afternoon of fun with my grandchildren, I'm sure your kids will do the same MC. Chris that was a full weekend, plenty of miles, one lot of them pretty late or the pubs shut early where you are, and shorts and t shirts is hard core.   Good long run Kate and be intesting to see how the results you get from the tests can help you in the future.  Valis hope all is well with you.  MC and V4D good to get out first in the  snow.  Good 17 miler Adrian 

14/01/2013 at 09:23

Morning People,

Started the day today at 4am!

Just did a cheeky miler, shower and then travelled to work.

I find it easier to get up and go out running early, Sometimes when Im at work Im revved up for training all day.........Then I get in the car about 6pm to start my long traffic jam filled drive home, This puts me on a real downer, I end up getting home at 7.30 - 8.00pm and not training.

After a morning session however, I feel great and set for the day!!

Cheers

14/01/2013 at 09:38

Luke, agreed, it's a lot easier to get out and get it over and done with in the morning, I'm very good at talking myself out of an evening run. JF, I wish I had problems going slow enough, completely the opposite with me, I am going to start forcing myself into tempo runs again whilst there aren't any races on to try and speed me up.

14/01/2013 at 09:44

Kate I think it is because it is unnaturally slow, for the first 5 miles of my long runs I am aiming to go 20% slower than MP. It just feels too slow to be able to run a good rythym at first.

Welcome Luke

14/01/2013 at 14:01

And here's the little fella who had me freezing my nuts off for 20 minutes in the middle of nowhere this morning while he sorted out his navigational skills!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/img_5789.jpg?width=350

14/01/2013 at 15:07

Kate,

Yep, Thats exactly it, The more the day goes on the more excuses seem to come out! I do prefer the mornings tho, Its nice and quiet, No hassle, No cars!

JF50

Thanks for the welcome, Really enjoy this forum, Infact maybe too much, I should actually be out on site now but instead im in the office on the forum

14/01/2013 at 15:14

He looks so innocent Chris!

14/01/2013 at 15:15

He does look lost though

14/01/2013 at 16:53

welcome Luke

love the photo Chris - looks like he is wondering what all the fuss is about!

with the snow and the temperatures due to plument tonight I think it will be a turbo session in the morning

11,401 to 11,420 of 15,577 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.