Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,421 to 11,440 of 16,523 messages
14/01/2013 at 17:10

Good luck!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/snow.png?width=350

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 18:50
15/01/2013 at 06:11

4m Steady on a cold and frosty morning. Brrr.

Okay run. Much better than in wind and rain.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 horses, 2 cyclists. 1 Ford Capri, PW: 1 car.

15/01/2013 at 06:32

Good morning all

Morning Birky, ford Capri don't see many of them these days one of my sisters boyfriends many years ago had a 3 liter version.

10 miles this morning a bit of a plod though.

Nw 2 dogs walking their owner 1 cat     OR ,1 

Sunday felt sick all day and had a headache all day as well ,Unfortunately felt well enough yesterday to go to work through the snow and ice.

Maths, I did have one of those where do I know you from moments on Saturday It wasn't till she had gone that I thought it might of been Gemma.

Kate, not as cold as you would think, being busy topping up people bottles and reservoirs kept me moving and warm. It was only as we were waiting for the tail enders that I began to fill the cold.

15/01/2013 at 06:52

Morning valis. Good win away on Sat for blues. No don't see many Ford Capris thats why I mentioned it. Haven't seen one on road in ages

PSC    pirate
15/01/2013 at 07:26

it's the wind that's cold this morning.. but more snow overnight so went out on the trails.  Mud mud mud... the gound is squelshy wet.  Not looking forward to Sevenoaks Circular this weekend.

Morning nutters..

V4D
15/01/2013 at 07:40

No run this morning - rest day . It was extremely icy when I walked the dog so care needed when running. Have a good day.

15/01/2013 at 07:55
Resting my poorly knee so no run - Missus also reports ice on dog walk. Careful boys and girls....
15/01/2013 at 08:10

morning all

ford capri! When I was 15 my boyfriend at the time dreamed of having a capri

ridiculous ice here today

didn't get up to turbo as I felt headachy when the alarm went off. Maybe it is dehydration, all this central heating

valis - hope you are feeling better now.

going to get to the gym and do a treadmill run later, if there are any free treadmills, probably going to be busy with all the new year people

15/01/2013 at 10:26

Morning..

A cold wind blowing this morning but at least no snow and no lost dogs. Nothing much to report on the nature watch front apart from a few small birds and a blackbird.

15/01/2013 at 10:29

Morning all - late night for me, after winning the pub quiz with my brother, you get to choose from 3 envelopes for your prize, and unfortunately I got the booby prize,  pickled eggs. 1 mile swim for me this morning and track tonight, I don't think the temperature is changing much from day to night. Opel Manta was my 15 year old boyfriend's dream car, haven't seen one in ages. Perhaps this could be the new NW whilst we're all on the roads in the dark.

15/01/2013 at 10:59

Morning all, no SOC for me today, treadmill run late last night.  The snow wasn't too heavy in our bit of East Anglia but the pavements were a mess and really icy so ran a 9 miler with 5 at HM pace on my treadmill.  9 miles is hard work on a treadmill even watching the TV and I think the tempo part is tough as well at such a totally consistent pace.

Never had a Capri as a lad, always envied my mates with one.  I had a Cortina though.  I don't know why I didn't buy a Capri thinking about it now

15/01/2013 at 11:11

pickled eggs

worst thing about the treadmill I find is that it is really warm in the gym where I go so I just find it hard because of the heat and lack of air movement. Then there is the boredom.... but I am not risking running on this crazy ice where I live - I struggled to get from my front door to the car!

16/01/2013 at 06:02

Morning from a cold and frosty West of Scotland.

4 miles done again. No wind which was nice. No Ford Capri either. Yeah I admit that I too I wanted one back in my later teens.(late 1980s). But never got one.

NW: 1 owl,1 Kingsmill Van, 1 cat,1 beer Keg, 4 horses, 3 BMws as ran past BMW corner.

Picked eggs..

16/01/2013 at 06:10

Good morning all

6 miles this morning -2 and foggy still the paths and roads are snow and ice free.

Adrian, Hope your knee is ok.

Martin, a belatted  well done on your park run Pb ,I'm still trying to get below the 21 minute mark. one day though I should get there.

Birky, Yes a good win but need a bit more consistency and another win tonight would help. Waiting now for the postman to pop wigan at home tickets through the door not sure who is more excited me or my nephew.

16/01/2013 at 06:45

Morning everyone.

Only 4 miles this morning instead of the planned 5.2, but it is -4degrees out there, paths are still snowy and icey, so I'm claiming it as a moral victory against the elements!  I so wish I had a treadmill!  Hmmmm, anyone know if you generally have to be a member of a gym or sports centre or can you just turn up and pay for a bit of treadmill time??

Thanks Valisgonzoznen, due to my wifes work diary and a trip to Euro Disney in a couple of weeks that will probably be my last Parkrun until mid Feb, I'm gutted, as I've been really enjoying them.

Hope everyone is ok and keeping safe in any snow you might have

PSC    pirate
16/01/2013 at 06:58

bugger that, too cold! 

Forgot to set an alarm last night so, although I woke up on time, I couldn't bear pulling on layers of lycra to fend off the elements and the dark.  I have packed my kit and will run in daylight.  I am now feeling very indulgent sitting here with a large mug of tea and breakfast eaten.  Oh, indulgent and warm!

Morning peeps..

16/01/2013 at 07:57

morning

turbo for me today, it was hot and sweaty

martin - depends, the gym I go to is local council run and there is an option to just pay per session rather than a monthly fee.

V4D
16/01/2013 at 07:58

Morning - no run this morning but the deadly circuits class instead and I'll run later. -3 here and so foggy I couldn't have seen any wildlife unless I ran over it

16/01/2013 at 08:42

Morning all, some good miles going on considering the weather.  Martin I do have a treadmill and it is just worth it's weight at the moment, you need to pay a reasonable amount if you do get one otherwise it just won't survive the bashing that a guy can give it running fast miles.  More gyms are adopting pay as you go so worth asking.

-8 on my car to work this morning and I have heard -10 at work overnight from the ground staff here, anxiously trying to keep a pitch warm enough for a match on Saturday, so decision easy when I felt the ice underfoot and used my treadmill for 5 miles recovery.  Have a 10 miler tomorrow so will try to run that outside but in daylight, it's too far on a treadie unless really desperate. I'm quite determined to keep to my plan and not drop any runs.

16/01/2013 at 08:45
Morning - a very brrrrr 6.3 miles 1 x OR, Hovis van, Warburtons van DW was a very frozen squirrel, looked like it had been stuffed. Last night was 8 x 3 minutes with 1.30minutes at 5k pace and 1.30 at faster pace, I think I need a balaclava to keep warm though. Body pump, spin and swim later. I think we've got quite a few more days of chilly to come. Happy hump day.
11,421 to 11,440 of 16,523 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.