Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,461 to 11,480 of 16,247 messages
V4D
19/01/2013 at 07:29

I'm off to do a double parkrun as some running club friends are doing a 24 parkrun challenge to raise mney for Whizzkidz. I did a lap last night and it was ok running in the snow but I'm guessing it may be icy this morning.

PSC    pirate
19/01/2013 at 07:37

trail shoes will help if you've got them.... take it easy.

19/01/2013 at 08:27

Morning all, work for me today followed by a 16 miler tomorrow.  Snow here is just a couple of extra light dustings on top of the snow we had last week, so not too bad and feels warmer this morning so some will melt.  Forecast is more snow in the east though so will try to get out  fairly sharpish tomorrow to beat it's "forecast" arrival time, which will be wrong.  V4D enjoy those Park Runs.  Running out of days PSC, can see a fine coming!!

19/01/2013 at 09:35

morning all

stayed in bed as it seemed silly to get up early when I am going to be stranded here most of the day! I am going to ring and see if the gym is open though - it is about a mile and a half walk so I can do a nice power walk in my boots to get there if it is open. Kids want to go sledgeing so I have left that up to OH to organise - we don't have a sledge though!

V4D
19/01/2013 at 11:07

Lovely out and very few icy patches

19/01/2013 at 11:28

Good morning all

8 miles this morning inc park run. only a minute and a half slower than last week but due to those who stayed away a much better placing..

19/01/2013 at 11:56
Morning all - 6 miles for me, wasn't brave enough for boot camp but got a spin class in. PSC, good luck if you do a tomorrow, I am smug as tax returns all done. I think tomorrow's run will be more time on feet than distance, I'm very slow mincing around in the snow. Off to The Shard today to view a snowy London. Have a good and slipping and sliding free weekend.
19/01/2013 at 12:46

A'noon,

We've got another Black Labrador staying with us this week as its owners are on holsin Spain !

Easy run at 8;15 today. In daylight ! NW: 4 horses, 4 diggers, 2 planes, 1 volleyball, 1 cat,

Snow just not lomg started up here

19/01/2013 at 12:47

craigers: Nice to have you back with us.

19/01/2013 at 21:26

Hi - newcomer here, though I've lurked for ages. Try and get a run in at 6.45 most days, totally addicted to the early starts (with a bit of a kick up the arse by reading this thread when required), but shortly moving to Manchester so will need to plan new routes and find a new club. 8.00 this morning, just a 4 miler, needed the yak trax tho.

PSC    pirate
20/01/2013 at 08:02
Winters tanners cancelled so heading out with M in an hour or so for a long trot. Having said that it looks pretty wintery out there at the mo.

Take care folks.

Welcome to the madhouse indiegirl.
20/01/2013 at 08:46

Morning..

Snowing here again!

Just had some hot porridge and shortly to head out into the snow. Will walk for a couple of hours with Jenny and Rusty and then they'll take the car back and I'll run home via footpaths and bridleways. Same as we did yesterday. Here are some photos of yesterday's run and walk...
photos 

Welcome indiegirl.

20/01/2013 at 09:30

morning all

welcome indiegirl

nothing for me today, turned round yesterday and got a really sharp apin in my knee that is still there. Think I am going to the dr tomorrow

Chris - great pictures

20/01/2013 at 10:49

Morning all- 10 miles for me, wanted to go longer but as I was running in the middle of the main road most of the time I gave up when it got busy. PW 1 and 1 Warburtons van. Chris, I say again, get some gloves! MC, not good news, hopefully the doc can sort you out. PSC, not surprised re the cancellation, most events have been called off this weekend. Hi Indiegirl, welcome along. Birky, opening a kennels part time?

20/01/2013 at 11:05

Very impressed at the distances and stamina of all of you. Thanks for the welcome. Out at 8.15 this morning for my penultimate South Liverpool run: 5.5 miles, more mud than snow but has started snowing again  Glad of my porridge after, should have had more rice and curry last night, legs were a bit shaky. MC, fingers crossed, I've been there, horrible.

20/01/2013 at 12:13

Good morning all

14 miles this morning opted for the multiple laps of Black park as i did not fancy going from ice to snow to clear paths with my yak trax on and and 6.30 till about 8am I had the whole place to myself.

Good to see everyone getting out in snow for fun and games ,looks  like I will be walking to work and back this week .

Maths , good luck at the doctors.

Kate, Not all things have been called off, a footie game of interest to Birky and myself should be getting underway in a hour or so fingers crossed.

Chris , Buffalo gloves are the way forward hands nice and toastie this morning.

Indiegirl welcome

Birky, I hope today is the day for a home win.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/510108/gallery/063.jpg?width=350

The Black park cafe not open when I called in this morning

PSC    pirate
20/01/2013 at 12:21

LOL, that looks distinctly closed!  Are buffallo gloves really warm.  My OH has very cold hands and we can't find gloves that work in low temperatures.  Even Seal Skinz didn't cut the mustard this morning and she had very cold hands today.

We ran together for just over 9 miles this morning and loved it.  A could of hours of gentle running.  Just what the snowman ordered!

Maths - sounds like a tendon injury giving you instability.  I would suggest (caveat - no qualified opinoin coming up) that you need it scanned for a proper diagnosis.

Right the shower is free - laters folks.

20/01/2013 at 12:53

PSC - if the dr doesn't offer I am going to ask to be referred for a scan - this has been going on for far too long

20/01/2013 at 12:57

I should earn commission for the amount of people I have told about these.

Today minus one my hands were warm. the last couple of years I have worn two pairs of gloves and still not been a happy runner. they look simple ,their cheap but I can't believe how well they work, also unless the temp is below 2c I do not wear them as they make my hands too warm.

I think Kate will also champion them now she has had time to give them a good try out . or Ill look like a chump

V4D
20/01/2013 at 13:12

Buffalo gloves sound interesting - where do you get them from? My hubby has Rynauds and always has cold hands.

11,461 to 11,480 of 16,247 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.