Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,501 to 11,520 of 15,585 messages
PSC    pirate
22/01/2013 at 07:23

morning all...

Maths, good luck.

Might run at lunchtime - all a bit too crunchy this morning so stayed in bed and caught up with FB etc!

22/01/2013 at 08:45

Morning all, ran 8 miles last night with 10x100m strides, the 4 inches of extra snow we had on Sunday made the location easy, my treadmill.  Will SOC tomorrow morning but again likely to be treadmill as the area is still pretty dodgy for running in the dark

Noticed at work on Saturday a noticeable change in the amount of light, deep joy.  Changes by 3 minutes a day in this location, more where you are Birky.

Hi Indiegirl.

22/01/2013 at 09:10

A nice 6am 5 miler for me this morning (11th 6am run so far this year) after a couple of days of not been able to get out at 6am on account of a very late (& very rare) night out on Saturday (club presentation) with a few (equally as rare) beers - it has taken me a couple of days to recover - thankfully not hungover, just tired - last few beers until after my spring marathon me thinks!

22/01/2013 at 09:14

Morning all - 6.7 miles for me, wanted to do a decent session as track is cancelled tonight but no chance, so off to the treadmill later, first time in an age, I shall think of you for inspiration JF. Good luck today MC. Indiegirl, I agree with PSC, if you want to do another run find yourself somewhere nice and undulating off road, with a few hills you might have to walk to slow things down a bit. John, big commitment to the marathon! Birky, hope the dog hotel is going well. Blood test and carpet shopping today, probably not the most exciting day of my garden leave.

22/01/2013 at 22:35
7 miler offroad this morning, long run for me - lovely snowy sunrise over the river, kept it slow and so hoping I'll be able to get back out tomorrow. Thanks for the wise words KateF, hope the ironman training is enjoyable.
23/01/2013 at 03:52

to run or not to run or just return to bed beaten by a bit of snow and ice and wait for the horrible stuff to disappear.

23/01/2013 at 05:26

Valis, ouch that is early. No more snow here but no run either, it feels very odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it, and when I'm back at work I'll have to swim early. Pleased with myself for swimming 2K last night, but technique was pretty awful, so drills today, with a body pump and spin class as well. Happy hump day all, we must get the race list going so we can imagine what the world will be like without snow and ice.

23/01/2013 at 06:34

Morning you lot

Dog walking again in snow. 'Ovett' is not chuffed at me not running

LNW (Labrador Nature Watch): Snow falling, 1 cyclist - respect mate, 1 Royal Mail Van, 1 cat - which quickly disappeared.

23/01/2013 at 07:58

morning everyone

valis - guessing you went back to bed?

no soc for me, but hopefully going to turbo a bit later, knee still sore but hoping that turbo won't upset it

I miss running outside, but not going to run this week, give my knee a bit of a chance

23/01/2013 at 08:41

Morning all, still cold, still icy, still using the treadmill.  5 miles recovery run started at 5.15am, final episode of series 4 of The Wire watched, just the final series to go.

Take care, forecasts looking better round this way over the weekend so hoping all the ice will be gone, though I do have series 5 to watch

23/01/2013 at 12:19
3.5m tempo for me at 6.50 with lightly falling snow before heading back to greet removals people coming to pack up stuff for my house move on Fri. Made sure yak trax and trainers weren't packed as we're predicted ice and then more snow. Slushy and cloudy here so sunrise the only time it looks really picturesque - gd SOC motivator!
All best for turbo MC. Birkmyre I love the dog's name, laughed out loud and woke my partner (but it was 8am, he deserved it).
PSC    pirate
23/01/2013 at 18:34

tempo for me this morning too, but on the dreadie....  3.1 miles hard.  My legs ache now having spent all day in the office.  Must stretch later.  Day off tomorrow - woohooo

23/01/2013 at 18:58

Hi everyone.

Isn't it funny how if you have a couple of days enforced rest it seems like you have not run in ages? 

The snow fall Sunday evening through to Monday morning meant there was no way I could get out, it was nowhere near clear enough Tuesday, so no SOC yesterday and I had to bring some work home last night as i had to prepare a presentation to do Quarterly briefings at work today - the first ones at 6am, so again chance to run before work, some lunchtime and more tonight for the night shift at 10 and 11 pm.  So I'll be home late tonight and have a meeting offsite tomorrow, so I'd be in very little fit state to run tomorrow to - That's potentially 4 days of no running, then I'm taking the family to Euro Disney at the weekend until Wednesday, so all of a sudden I'm in a panic thinking I'm going to lose all my fitness, right in the middle of my training for Reading Half!

23/01/2013 at 20:31

Evening

indie: 'Ovett' is the nickname I gave to the owl I see every morning. My dogs name is Geordie

23/01/2013 at 20:34

Martin, just look at it as your cut back week, still plenty of time before Reading.

23/01/2013 at 20:37

Evening Kate

valis; That was an early start today !

23/01/2013 at 21:41

evening all,

another covering of snow this morning made the trails across hankley common slightly less hazardous and slippy... heard some automatic fire coming from the across the hill so assume the  army were out there training in the snow - first evidence of their prescence since before christmas. other than that we had the place to ourselves. lots of deer and fox tracks in the snow though

kate - will you be doing the spring ballbuster as part of your ironman training?

23/01/2013 at 22:02
Birkmyre: Best name in the world (I'm from the Toon). I'm only posting to get myself in the mood to run tomorrow as feeling bit tired in the legs and the weather's turgid here: slush, ice, mud...going to do 5 miles tomorrow tho, iv said it now.
24/01/2013 at 08:07

morning all

nothing yet today but will be swimming later

24/01/2013 at 08:39

Mornnig

Day off work today. But 45mins brisk walk with the two Black Labs.

11,501 to 11,520 of 15,585 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.