Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,521 to 11,540 of 16,810 messages
PSC    pirate
24/01/2013 at 09:25

another one with a day off here....

So far it's been a dream... 2 hour lie in.  Just logging in for a few hours to complete some notes that I have been struggling with for a week, but doing it at my pace with Eric Clapton blaring out of the speakers and a big mug of tea in front of me - can't do that at work!!

I am going to turbo later (bike) as I have just realised that I am only 4 weeks away from my first sportiff of the season, and it isn't called Hell of The Ashdown for nothing.  It's a lumpy unforgiving and tough 80 mile route.... which will be even tougher if I don't do a modicum of preparation!  

Physio later too.... it's all go here I tell you!  

24/01/2013 at 10:00

Morning all - 7 miles for me, was planning to do 3 miles on the treadmill at the end of it but as soon as I started my shin started to niggle, and that was all the excuse I needed to pack it in. Was considering a swim but the pool was full of aquaerobians. I won't be doing the Ballbuster Chris as I'm doing the Surrey Spitfire 20 miler the next day, and I'm not that iron yet. Have a good day off PSC and birky. I'm heading back to the motherland, Wiltshire today, so a nice rural run tomorrow morning.

PSC    pirate
24/01/2013 at 10:16

cheers....

Have fun in Wiltshire - I suspect that its still a bit snowy down there isn't it!

Ballbuster isn't that Iron  If you are reasonably fit you should be able to do it in about the same time as you run a road mara....  people are put off by going up Box Hill which I didn't think was that bad, it was the decending that I was a bit scared by as the roads were slick when I did it last year.  But was fine so clearly over-reacting to the damp tarmac!  The run is awesome, it's a cracking 8 mile loop.  Sounds like I am talking myself into this one... but I have spent a fortune on entry fees already for 2013 so need to be sensible.  

*puts wallet away*

24/01/2013 at 10:20

It's certainly a pricey little number.

24/01/2013 at 10:29

Morning again, need to sort out our car insurance today

Going to Indoor athletics at Sir Chris Hoy Veoldrome Arena on Sat with Miss B.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/news/lagat-jeter-and-greene-set-to-star-in-glasgow

Looks a good line up.

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 10:33
24/01/2013 at 14:05

Afternoon, I managed only 3 miles at 6.45 today, the asthma got me  - combo of cold air and dust from packing boxes. But at least I was able to get out. Wishing a good day off to those non-SOCing today. Think that's me tomorrow due to house move, unless I can get inspired by all you genuine 6am or earlier SOC people and get up extra early! If you're running tomorrow hoping you all have crisp snow shallow enough to run in or some of the lovely sunshine that's just appeared here. 

MC: no consolation but it was thinking of your knee that got me out of the house today - if you can get yourself swimming and are missing running, then what's a bit of wheezing.

25/01/2013 at 06:38

Morning

Dogs walked in falling snow.

psc: Eric Clapton is a cracking guitarist.

25/01/2013 at 07:55

About 4 miles off road and a few snow flakes falling. Milder tomorrow apparently. Plus one for Eric, especially the Unplugged album.

25/01/2013 at 08:03

morning all

well, yesterday I did a 20 min gentle turbo and a half hour swim (swim would have been longer but some ridiculously slow people came into the lane which was pretty congested already so I packed it in!) and no bad effects, so am hoping to get to the pool again this evening before the heavy snow reaches here!

indie - well, swimming isn't going to aggravate my knee as I do front crawl, but be careful with your asthma! sore knee isn't life-threatening but asthma can be!

birky - looks like a good line-up, have fun with your girl

PSC - I love a bit of Eric. Have you heard any Joe Bonamassa?

25/01/2013 at 08:33
Morning all - 5 miles in a thawing Wiltshire, swim lesson and pick up my new car today, along with arguing with my old job about what they owe me in my final salary payment, strangely they think it's a lot less than I do. Happy Friday everyone.
25/01/2013 at 09:02

Morning all, absent yesterday but got a relaxed 8am start on a 12 miler and this morning a 4 mile recovery,  Still on track with marathon training plan, week 6 starts on Monday.

PSC, Birkie, Chris and MC, another Clapton fan here, also MC love Joe Bonamassa, seen him a couple of times in the last couple of years.  Another piece of work woth listening to is Steve Winwood with Eric Clapton, a throwback to Blind Faith days, sorry old enough to remember all of these before they wore glasses

Kate are you expecting more snow in Wiltshire tomorrow?  I believe we are due 4 inches overnight before it starts to warm up.

Indiegirl I hope the move goes smoothly.

V4D
25/01/2013 at 16:22

No morning runs for me this week - it's been far to icy to to run in the dark safely so all after school runs for me.

25/01/2013 at 18:40

Evening froma snowy West of Scotland.

Never realised there were so many Eric Clapton fans on here

We're back to just Geordie tomorrow when our canine lodger goes home.

26/01/2013 at 06:19

Morning all - no SOC for me, I am missing my running, but boot camp and a double spin session to make up for it. XC tomorrow as well, it is going to be a mudbath. Have fun at the athletics birky.

PSC    pirate
26/01/2013 at 07:33

seems like running at SOC isn't the only thing we've all got in common..     Also Steve W... but Joe Bonamassa is new to me so will go and hammer grooveshark later.  Off swimming first...  raining outside so glad I don't have to run this morning.    Suddenly I prefer the snow

26/01/2013 at 08:26

morning all

loads of snow here overnight, we are stuck in the house till it warms up a bit

knee hurting anyway, so I guess I should sit with my feet up most of the day!

26/01/2013 at 08:42

Morning

Morning psc and maths.

No more snow overnight, both dogs walked. Coffee time

26/01/2013 at 19:48

Evening

Great afternoons athletics had by MissB and I. She met Lynsey Sharp and got her pic taken with her. Bernard Lagat was superb in mens 3000m, we saw a mens good High Jump and womens pole vault and at the end a cracking Mens 60m and 600m

26/01/2013 at 21:55

Evening all

Out for 6 miles with Jenny and Rusty this morning - lovely sunny day with blue skies and relatively warm so all the snow has melted away. Back out again this evening for the 'Grim Night Terror'!! 7 miles of muddy, wet, boggy, running! Brilliant!!

27/01/2013 at 06:21

Chris - hope you had fun at the Grim

I am up nice and early as I am off to a swimming course. Loads of flooded roads I think so I hope I can get there ok!

11,521 to 11,540 of 16,810 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.