Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,541 to 11,560 of 16,232 messages
PSC    pirate
27/01/2013 at 06:51
You could swim there..... Have fun! What sort of course is it?

Morning gang... Swam and ran yesterday, might do a run and maybe turbo today.

Chris, you do like your crazy races don't you.
27/01/2013 at 09:05

18 miles for me this morning - almost ended up having to swim as I got towards the end of the 1st planned 9mile lap as the back road into town was flooded so I doubled back and added a bit. 5 minutes after getting it it stopped raining - at least it was quite mild out there. Wife and kids still fast asleep. Andy Murray time me!!

27/01/2013 at 09:36

Good morning all

16 miles this morning in the wind and rain.

Nw 2 cats, 1 fox. OR 3 never seen that many before. DW 1 rat.

Yesterday 9 miles inc park run which was a little percarious as there was still a great deal of ice on the course.

Birky, sounds like you both had a great time did you try to persade Lynsey Sharp to join the s.o.c club .

Chris , It really must of been brutal judging by how much rain has fallen last night and this morning. hope you had a good time.

27/01/2013 at 15:38

A'noon valis: Doh I knew there was something I wanted to say to her Not agreat result for both Blues today or yesterday !  Good 16miler by you today.

We are back to having just Geordie in the house.

27/01/2013 at 19:03

Evening all - club XC for me today, I thought it was muddy but I guess Chris the Lunatic will have trumped me! Birky, I thought the 600m race was an interesting one, I wonder if they will get Rudisha and Bolt to do a 400m one day. Valis and John, good long runs. Job for tomorrow, i will reinstate the race list.

28/01/2013 at 07:33

First one on here at 7.30, blimey.Not a good start to the day, plans for my SOC swim halted by a closed pool, so rescheduled for NOC. Have a good day all.

28/01/2013 at 09:00

Good morning all Kate

Rest day for me,normal running activities will resume tomorrow.

28/01/2013 at 11:47

Morning all, just, easy weekend for me this one as I had switched my schedule round last week, 8 miles on fresh snow Saturday morning, 5 miles walk on the Chilterns on Sunday with no snow, very quick thaw.  Should add the Chilterns haven't crept into East Anglia, I was away at the weekend.  NOC for me today, 10 miles with 5 at HMP

28/01/2013 at 16:59

morning

didn't have chance to get on this morning

for some reason didn't sleep well, so rest day today

28/01/2013 at 17:04

PSC - it was a swimsmooth clinic, really good, but very long day (10 hours). Being videoed and seeing myself swim was really interesting

28/01/2013 at 17:07

It was dark when we started our run this morning but bright and sunny by the time we finished. Saw another runner in the distance with a very bright fluerescent yellow jacket on. 

Rusty found some bones yesterday, most likely a deer that had died in the snow. He also seems to have taken a liking to banana skins of which there seem to be loads on Hankley Common. They're all in different states of rotting but he gobbles them up regardless!

28/01/2013 at 17:13

MC, I bought my husband the book for Christmas and he loves it, would be good to know if you think it improves you. So then, the race list:-

KateF
2 Feb - Richmond Park 10K
17 Feb - Bramley 20 mile
3 March - Surrey Spitfire 20 mile
10 March - Aquathlon
24 March - Cranleigh 21 mile
April - Brighton marathon
May - North Dorset Marathon
May - Godalming Town 10K
June - Giants Head Marathon
June & July - Aqauthlon
July - Vachery half ironman
October - Challenge Barcelona ironman
October - Snowdonia Marathon

And a lot more, especially biking and swimming as well.

28/01/2013 at 18:47

That's a fair mix Kate - I've entered the Snowdonia marathon (my local one) - 7th time for me there this year. Next race for me is the Blackpool marathon on the 7th of April. I tend to only do about half a dozen or so races a year

28/01/2013 at 18:49

Kate - I think it is going to make a massive difference - I have finally got some kind of an idea as to what on earth I am supposed to be doing with my arms under the water!! I have been going to coached swim sessions since April and really had no idea what my arms were supposed to be up to!

28/01/2013 at 19:10

KateF
2 Feb - Richmond Park 10K
17 Feb - Bramley 20 mile
3 March - Surrey Spitfire 20 mile
10 March - Aquathlon 
24 March - Cranleigh 21 mile
April - Brighton marathon
May - North Dorset Marathon
May - Godalming Town 10K
June - Giants Head Marathon
June & July - Aqauthlon
July - Vachery half ironman
October - Challenge Barcelona ironman
October - Snowdonia Marathon

Chris
10 Feb - Punchbowl Marathon
2 March - Ballbuster
9 March - Para 10
17 March - Fleet Half Marathon
24 March - Leith Hill Half Marathon
8 June - Blenheim Triathlon
22 June - Mid Summer Munro
6 July - South Coast Triathlon
20 July - Fandance
October - Snowdonia Marathon (number 8!!)

See you there Kate and John! 

Edited: 28/01/2013 at 19:12
28/01/2013 at 20:24

Nice one Chris - it was my 1st marathon and the only marathon I've done every year since taking up this running lark at the beginning of 2007!

28/01/2013 at 20:43
Any recommendations on local accommodation John? MC I know what you mean, that's where you're supposed to get your power and I just flap about!
28/01/2013 at 21:07

I know quite a few people stay at the Victoria Hotel, with it being the largest hotel in Llanberis and near to the race HQ, start and finish. I live about 1/2hr away so it is a nice drive there in the morning - I was working near the Pen-y-Gwryd Hotel this morning - very wet and windy there - passed on going for a run this time!

28/01/2013 at 21:20

Pen Y Pass Hostel

This is where we'll be staying.

29/01/2013 at 05:32

Thanks both, I think I'll need to book something nice to persuade Mr F he wants to come and drive me home! Morning all, up at SOC and waiting to swim again this morning, track tonight. Back to work on Friday so will be sussing out whether I can run from the office in the morning and shower there to avoid the M25 traffic. Exchanged on our house yesterday as well so will be moving first week and March, and also picked up my new car, so all change at the moment. Must add South Downs marathon to the list too. Have a good day everyone.

11,541 to 11,560 of 16,232 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.