Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,561 to 11,580 of 16,787 messages
29/01/2013 at 06:12

Good morning all

6 miles this morning damp out but a very warm 10c.

Kate. A very productive bit of gardening leave. Congratulations on the new house and good luck in the new job.

KateF
2 Feb - Richmond Park 10K
17 Feb - Bramley 20 mile
3 March - Surrey Spitfire 20 mile
10 March - Aquathlon 
24 March - Cranleigh 21 mile
April - Brighton marathon
May - North Dorset Marathon
May - Godalming Town 10K
June - Giants Head Marathon
June & July - Aqauthlon
July - Vachery half ironman
October - Challenge Barcelona ironman
October - Snowdonia Marathon

Chris
10 Feb - Punchbowl Marathon
2 March - Ballbuster
9 March - Para 10
17 March - Fleet Half Marathon
24 March - Leith Hill Half Marathon
8 June - Blenheim Triathlon
22 June - Mid Summer Munro
6 July - South Coast Triathlon
20 July - Fandance
October - Snowdonia Marathon (number 8!!)

Valis

14th April - Brighton Marathon.

5th may - Richmond Marathon

28th July - Down tow up flow half Marathon

10th August - North Downs 100

Damn spaces!

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 06:14
29/01/2013 at 06:18

Here you go valis, you need to hold down the shift and return. See you in Brighton.

KateF
17 Feb - Bramley 20 mile
16 March - Aquathlon
14 April - Brighton marathon
5 May - North Dorset Marathon
18 May - Godalming Town 10K
8 June - South Downs marathon
25 June - Giants Head Marathon
June & July - Aqauthlon
21 July - Vachery half ironman
October - Challenge Barcelona ironman
October - Snowdonia Marathon

Chris
2 March - Ballbuster
9 March - Para 10
20 July - Fandance
October - Snowdonia Marathon (number 8!!)

Valis

14th April - Brighton Marathon

PSC    pirate
29/01/2013 at 08:07

I will add my list later... some great looking events there.  Chris, I will see you at Punchbowl all being well. 

11 miles done nice and early today... saw a heron!  Normally I am back home in the dark so either I ran longer than normal, or am late, or it's getting lighter earlier.  Hopefully that later.

Morning gang

29/01/2013 at 08:26

Morning all, my two booked races aren't going to pack it out

Will add later

29/01/2013 at 08:29

morning all

turbo done, not running at the moment, want to give the knee some chance to recover. April's marathon is looking very unlikely given that I have hardly done any running for a few months, so I will add to the list when I have finished sulking about that

Kate - new job, new car and new house? wow

29/01/2013 at 08:34

Wow Kate that is a big number of changes in your life all at once, congratulations on all of them and good luck getting the house sorted and enjoy the new job.  New cars just mean you feel the need to do more car cleaning for a time.

29/01/2013 at 10:19

You're right JF, and with the ironman training starting this week I think I am going to be busy. Didn't mean to make you sulk MC! Where's our early morning birky?

29/01/2013 at 11:52

not your fault Kate - I am just frustrated about the running/knee business, I guess it will get sorted in the end, it just seems to have been going on for ages

29/01/2013 at 20:53

Windswept run this morning followed by 2 hours sat on the A3 - M25 - M3 trying to get to work. Similar journey home tonight with more time spent trying to avoid traffic jams on the M3 only to run into delays on the A3. Now chilling out with the help of Burial and a glass of Chilean Red!! Kate, good luck with your M25 commutes next week and hope the house move goes smoothly!

29/01/2013 at 20:56

Thanks Chris, listening to the traffic news today the train to London sounded strangely appealing.

30/01/2013 at 06:10

First here again! Good track session last night, 10 miles in total, and nearly blown off my feet by the wind at one point. Off for a swim and body pump this morning. Happy hump day all.

30/01/2013 at 06:44

Good morning all

6 miles this morning constant rain but still very warm morning 10 c

Kate, Cheers for the edit ,tried several combos but couldn't remember the right one. Yeah see you at Brighton. looking forward to my first race in over a year.

What no Birky ?  

PSC    pirate
30/01/2013 at 07:14

I don't envy you guys having to tackle the M25 on a daily basis.   Grim. 

No run this morning... I was going to cycle to work, but it's been raining all night so the roads are going to be horrific.  Will try to run later (no promises)!

Have a good one...

30/01/2013 at 08:15

Morning all, simple little 4 mile recovery run for me this morning, on the treadmill by 5.20am and another Wire episode bites the dust.  Have added my 2 races to the list.

Early up Kate, good run Valis and agree on the roads PSC, the run off from the fields on my 10 mile journey to work is constant streams.  Also agree on the M25, bad enough the occasions I have to use it but every day

KateF
17 Feb - Bramley 20 mile
16 March - Aquathlon
14 April - Brighton marathon
5 May - North Dorset Marathon
18 May - Godalming Town 10K
8 June - South Downs marathon
25 June - Giants Head Marathon June & July - Aqauthlon
21 July - Vachery half ironman October - Challenge Barcelona ironman October - Snowdonia Marathon

Chris
2 March - Ballbuster
9 March - Para 10
20 July - Fandance October - Snowdonia Marathon (number 8!!)

Valis
14th April - Brighton Marathon

Johnf

17th March - Colchester Half Marathon
21st April - VLM

30/01/2013 at 11:29

morning all

physio gave me an incredibly painful calf massage last night, and still felt a bit tender this morning so decided not to risk anything and stayed in bed. Hoping to get the chance to swim later, but have to go to Nottingham Uni after school for a meeting so may be very late home

physio advised me to try to shift to forefoot landing as a way to reduce the impact on my knees. Also advised to help with that getting a shoe with a lower heel drop.  guess this is going to be a long slow process!

30/01/2013 at 17:04

Bit of a change in running for me as moved house and city last Friday and did my first club run on Sunday morning (9am not really SOC) - 6 miles, steady pace, good buzz. Early morning yog today but want to get some speed training in tomorrow if the rain holds off. 

MC, I always want to throw up when I get those massages. Good luck with the forefoot landing, I'd love to learn how to swap from heel striking. 

30/01/2013 at 20:02

indie - the physio got me to run a little in barefeet on the treadmill, and you kind of tend to land forefoot when you run barefoot, so she said to run for a few minutes barefoot on a treadmill, put shoes on and walk for  2 mins, shoes off, run 2 mins, a few times, then run a bit with shoes on, trying to keep forefoot landing with shoes on, She also suggested getting shoes with a lower heel drop

PSC    pirate
31/01/2013 at 07:01

still no Birky... has he been washed away?

Morning gang.  Ran yesterday afternoon... why is it when you take a lunch time run at a wierd time in the day it is the same time that your CEO wants to have a chat and you've got to explain why you are taking a run a 2.30 for an hour!  Ho hum!!  Mind you, it was glorious out in the sun!

Weather horrid down here so no run this morning.. might have a go later depending on the weather.

Maths, what has been suggested is very on-trend at the moment.  If you are going to move to flats (shoes) start very very slowly.  There are people who I know who have taken 6+ months to get used to running in minimal shoes, but now agree that they have really worked.  The cynic in me thinks that if you started all over again with very short distances, slow pace and built very gradually you would be injury free in any form of footwear.  SO, anyone for clogs?

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 07:03
31/01/2013 at 08:32

morning

soc turbo for me this morning

PSC - yeah, I have always been a bit wary of the barefoot/minimalist movement. Need to do a bit of research I think about the whole forefoot/midfoot/heel striking thing

31/01/2013 at 08:43

Morning all - 8.3 miles in horrendous weather, 2 OR and 2 very interesting dogs, one was using an old LP as a frisbee and the other was carrying its lead and a carrier bag in its mouth while his owner carried his poop bag! Last day of freedom today, so spin and swim lesson this morning, then into London to hand back my phone and laptop, and a glass or two of wine with my old colleagues.

I'm also toying with the idea of trying out some different shoes to help forefront running whilst I am only doing 30 or so miles a week, but need to balance this out with the injury worries.

Have a good day my fellow runners.

11,561 to 11,580 of 16,787 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.